VAICOM for non english native speakers

Kercheiz

Hi,

I just installed VoiceAttack and VAICOM for use in DCS.

I'm not a native english speaker and my french accent is very noticeable, and quite variable in time (depending if I'm focused on it or not...) and I have found that some people have shared french mods for VAICOM.

Here are my pros and cons of both options:

A - Keep VAICOM in english

Pros: Vanilla VAICOM, no dirty modding/tweaking/updating issues

Cons: Speech recognition will be trained with a (fluctuating) accent

B - Use french profiles/mods

Pros: No issue with training and speech recognition

Cons: the VAICOM profiles/mods are likely messy and poorly updated

Do you have an experience with this?

Thanks!

I just made vaicom understand my German accent. While in training mode I checked what the speach recognition pics up and added that to my keyword database. Looks funny sometimes but works. Since I couldn't get the "TACAN tune" to work, so I added "set tacan" which speach recognition interprets as "said tacan" so I left that in and out works great now.

Gesendet von meinem LYA-L29 mit Tapatalk

Hi,

I just installed VoiceAttack and VAICOM for use in DCS.

I'm not a native english speaker and my french accent is very noticeable, and quite variable in time (depending if I'm focused on it or not...) and I have found that some people have shared french mods for VAICOM.

Here are my pros and cons of both options:

A - Keep VAICOM in english

Pros: Vanilla VAICOM, no dirty modding/tweaking/updating issues

Cons: Speech recognition will be trained with a (fluctuating) accent

B - Use french profiles/mods

Pros: No issue with training and speech recognition

Cons: the VAICOM profiles/mods are likely messy and poorly updated

Do you have an experience with this?

Thanks!

What you can do is add more keywords, for the words that it refuses to recognize, in a way that reads as you would speak. For example, I added one for AWACS that reads 'A Wax', so for this command, it has the keywords AWACS, A Wax, Magic, ... or for example APC, I added AP seas; or JTAC, Jay Tech..

Also, make sure you go through the training several several times.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

Hi,

Thanks for the answers!

When you say training, do you train using windows control panel, or the VAICOM training function?

Regarding this VAICOM training function, is there a way to reset the training, or to make training profiles? If one day I want to translate all keywords to switch language, how am I sure that previous training will not mess with the new language?

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for the answers!

When you say training, do you train using windows control panel, or the VAICOM training function?

Yes, both.

Regarding this VAICOM training function, is there a way to reset the training, or to make training profiles? If one day I want to translate all keywords to switch language, how am I sure that previous training will not mess with the new language?

Thanks!

No need to reset the training, unless it was previously trained by someone else. The more you train it, the better it gets. It will not mess other languages because each language is separate. For example, if I had trained English UK, then I select English US, it has no training.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png