comms menu won`t open

despinoza

• 1 month later...

What was it? My comms menu just stopped working, and I am pretty sure I didn't touch anything.

Intel i7 8700K @ 4.8Ghz, Asus RoG Maximus X Formula, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, EVGA Geforce 2080 Super, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 M.2, 500GB Samsung Pro 860 SSD.

TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Acer 23" x2, Oculus Rift S, FSSB3 Lighting

The default keybinding is " / ", but in some aircraft, it changes once in the air to become " RAlt + / ".

Also check you haven't any duplicate keybindings in the "UI Layer" and "NS430" categories.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Another thing to check... since many people here are bi-lingual, is the language bar in Windows. It's hotkey by default is Shift+Alt. And then RAlt switches between languages. So if you have it turned on, any command with RAlt will stop working. Took me some time to figure it out.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem.

I found the error in my log:

2020-11-07 05:31:26.965 ERROR Lua::Config: load error Config/main.cfg:[string "C:\Users\xxxxx\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config/autoexec.cfg"]:5: '=' expected near 'there'.

After removed the autoexec.cfg the communications menu is working again.

Try rename your C:\Users\xxxxx\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta directory and see if the problem is configutration