How do I drop bombs in CCRP mode?

AlexCaboose

Sometimes the TGP works great and you can employ a CCRP drop perfectly. Othertimes, the bomb fall line on the hud only indicates to the original steerpoint, and not the new updated location in the TGP. This leads to drops that don't do anything.

.trk uploaded here as it's too large for the forum:

https://www.filehosting.org/file/details/893678/The%20State%20Workups%20NTTR%2020-2-20200910-170814.trk

The bomb fall line and the TGP location never matched for me until I realized the target box needs to be slewed with HUD as SOI, and then switch to TGP SOI to refine the Point/Area track.

I don't have the map for the track so I'm wondering if this is what's happening?

Start with TGP SOI and hit TMS down to CZ and recenter TGP on the target box. DMS Up for HUD SOI and slew around until a target comes up on the TGP, and then TGP SOI and switch to point/area track to track the target. The CCRP target won't be exactly on the target, but I found this to be close enough that the laser can correct the difference.

It's actually very consistent.

If your plane spawns without any waypoints the TGP will be messed up until you do the HUD SOI crap. Add a single waypoint in the mission editor and it will work.

Some server owners/mission makers still haven't figured that out and that's why you see inconsistent TGP behavior.

It's actually very consistent.

If your plane spawns without any waypoints the TGP will be messed up until you do the HUD SOI crap. Add a single waypoint in the mission editor and it will work.

Some server owners/mission makers still haven't figured that out and that's why you see inconsistent TGP behavior.

This .trk shows that there is a STPT entered as default. That's not the issue here.

The issue is that CCRP with designating a Target of opportunity is simply broken.

You can not designate a CCRP Target that is not in line of sight of your Hud with the actual Steerpoint.

Only "Workaround" would be to use the coordinates of the target and enter them as a new Steerpoint. Then you can use that point for your Ccrp.

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

My two cents: after testing several setups and runs, it seems that there is a problem with CCRP altogether.

The delay function does not apply and, once you pickle, the bombs are released (usually way ahead of time). Sometimes it works OK. I've narrowed it down to the direction of flight, but it seems like I'm missing something as it sound very unrelated. See this thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=271428

Yeah but if you're just flying along see a group of tanks in the open and want to CCRP attack using cluster bombs and you're nowhere near a steerpoint its super buggy and unresponsive. You can mash CZ and SP and eventually the HUD Targeting box will appear on the HUD but its not reliable at all.

I haven't flown the Viper since right around the initial release. At that time the TGP seemed excessively buggy. Now almost one year later it seems nothing has changed. Is this consistent with actual TGP behavior in the Viper or have bugs been introduced recently/never been fixed?

When I fly the F18, JF17, AV88B or A10C they all seem to operate in pretty much the same way.

1.) Set the system to CCRP.

2.) SOI the TGP.

3.) Locate hostile and designate them as a target with the targeting pod.

4.) Transfer attention to the HUD to be directed to the fly over/release point for the weapon.

5.) Release weapon.

Is the F16 just that drastically different from every other module in DCS or is the TGP completely bugged? Can I just manually set some random way point before taking off to have the system work properly?

I haven't seen an instance of SPI set from TGP to be a problem except in cases where SP is used. When SP is used it is possible to separate the TGP and SPI which is not correct behavior. This is reproducible by engaging SP mode, slewing with HUD SOI, TGP SOI, TMS right and slew.

OOOohhh, nevermind. If both CCRP weapons and AGM-65 are carried then the system carries over the EO VIS box when switching from EO VIS to bombs which is wrong. Switching from EO PRE to CCRP seems fine. If you get this problem switching EO VIS to CCRP then CZ to put the TD box back on steerpoint.

Today I was able to get CCRP bombing to work for a brief period of time by setting the target airfield coordinates at a steer point right before takeoff.

Once I got in the area I had to place the aircraft in NAV mode, select the TGP, select A-G mode and only then could I go into A2G and have it work. At some point I accidentally hit TMS down which I assume doubles at courser zero.

From that point forward nothing I did on the TGP had any impact on the HUD. Never got the HUD pointers directing me to the drop point and the bomb drop line for the CBU-97's kept directing me towards the steer point.