Reverb "Slide" movement disappears

slickdevel

Sounds like a lighting issue is causing 3dof instead of 6 .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

OK, how to recenter without leaving?

In Settings (where you assign controls to planes), there is one for UI Layer

In there, you'll be able to bind a key (stick or keyboard) for VR Recenter.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

This is most often because, for whatever reason the headset has lost tracking... Light, contrast are your friends for maintaining tracking, as are going into windows home to set the headset up before going into game.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I just take the Reverb off. Click on the Mixed Reality Portal and click the icon with the HMD in the upper left. There I select the seated position (because it is just a click this way to recenter). Ready to put Reverb on again without leaving DCS.

VIC-20@1.108 MHz, onboard GPU, 5KB RAM, μυωπία goggles, Competition Pro HOTAS

Motomouse approach is best fix for this 3dof tracking loss problem that often creeps up.

After doing the room scale on the wmr portal, you will most likely be outside the cockpit when you return in-game. Re-centering view put you back in the cockpit with 3DOF movement restored.

Sometimes swinging the headset fast around will make it snap in into 3dof mode.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I get this problem a lot more often now than I did before. Using appropriate lighting(all lamps in the room = on) used to make it almost never happen.

After the summer I get this problem on and on again. It can be enough to look to the left or right to both get the position changed to wrong position and the 6DOF go to 3DOF. The time to get movement forward, to the side and up/down depends.

It also seems that in the begining of a DCS session it most times starts with 3DOF only.

Very irritating when knowing it worked much better from the day I got the Reverb.

BTW. Reposition in DCS is numpad 5.,

[T.M HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle + T.Flight pedals, Varjo Aero, HP Reverb pro, Pimax 8KX] 🙂

[DCS Mirage 2K; Huey; Spitfire Mk IX, AJS 37, F-14, F-18, FC3, A-10 Warthog II and a few more ]

i9 13900KF@5.8/32Gb DDR5@6400/ Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX4090, ASUS STRIX Z790-F , 2Tb m2 NVMe

I get this problem a lot more often now than I did before. Using appropriate lighting(all lamps in the room = on) used to make it almost never happen.

After the summer I get this problem on and on again. It can be enough to look to the left or right to both get the position changed to wrong position and the 6DOF go to 3DOF. The time to get movement forward, to the side and up/down depends.

It also seems that in the begining of a DCS session it most times starts with 3DOF only.

Very irritating when knowing it worked much better from the day I got the Reverb.

BTW. Reposition in DCS is numpad 5.,

Yeah, I noticed this too that over time, the reverb seems to be losing 6DOF much more frequently with the same lighting. Early on it rarely happened. Now it's happening a lot. I find that I can often get it to reset back to 6DOF by looking straight up at the ceiling. I find this happens less at night than during the day. I think at night, the lighting in my room is pretty static. But during the day as the sun moves - the brighter light seems to affect it more. I've found that pulling the shades down and relying more on the interior light seems to help. But not solve it completely.

I'm hoping the G2 will solve this since it has more tracking cameras.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

Motomouse approach is best fix for this 3dof tracking loss problem that often creeps up.

After doing the room scale on the wmr portal, you will most likely be outside the cockpit when you return in-game. Re-centering view put you back in the cockpit with 3DOF movement restored.

Sometimes swinging the headset fast around will make it snap in into 3dof mode.

I've actually found the exact opposite to be true. It's when I'm moving my head around quickly i.e. during BFM or clearing for missiles - that it loses the 6DOF the most often. Also when I'm looking down into the cockpit to find a switch in the more aft locations on the side panels does it also seem to go haywire. I must be losing light when looking straight down or something.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

• 3 months later...

In closing, I've had time to work this out. Taking the headset off and twisting it can get everything working again, or not.

The quick and easy fix that I have found is to look to the right wingtip and hit the center vr button then look at the left wingtip, center the vr again , finally look straight ahead and for the last time hit center vr and all is good! Takes two seconds.