AV-8B Status

Prowler111

1 ora fa, Fri13 ha scritto:

Why all the help etc should be directed to this forum, centralized so that people come here to seek help, to search answers and to share information. And the minimal effort is require to get information to maximum potential and stored for the future reasons.

I have never understood why they scatter information instead of gathering theme in one place ...

• Like 1

--

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

36° Stormo Virtuale - Italian Virtual Flight Community

www.36stormovirtuale.net

49 minutes ago, Kappa said:

I have never understood why they scatter information instead of gathering theme in one place ...

Divide and Control. They can't ban people in this forum, so they want them to be only in their controlled mediums like their Discord channel or their Facebook. And they rapidly delete posts and ban people who makes honest, fair and honorable questions they do not like to answer to.

You can find more about their behavior in the thread questioning is the AV-8B out of early access.

And when you have multiple places where you would need to provide support, help, information etc, you are just generating huge amount of extra work that takes lots of extra time and will stress anyone from handling all. So instead just placing all to one place and have it organized and save time, they decided to go to opposite.

The idea that something is told in Facebook, something else in Discord, nothing here, then something is said in Discord some channel, someone comments something in facebook post comments section, maybe someone copies some information somewhere to here.... It just doesn't work.

If they would concentrate all the work to this place, creating the proper threads for updates and progress etc. And then share that afterwards in Facebook, it would help a lot. They would drop the Discord as support or help platform and just reply to people "Please go to https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/78-razbam/ " and it would help everyone.

Direct the efforts to official DCS forum, where the community is, where the business is, where the whole game exists.

And if they want to hold a weekly/monthly "Talk to us...." sessions over VoIP, then organize it here and add the Discord invitation URL to that post so those who want can just click it and join in for that session.

And as Razbam has other projects as well for other games, then those they can keep where ever those should be kept. But the idea to scatter everything, divide the communities and make finding help and answers as difficult as possible - that is not just good PR at all, and it will bite them.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Discord certainly looks less time consuming to me. I can understand why it is a more attractive solution for small dev teams. It is universal communications platform that can also be used for internal and private talk and all kind of hobbies. Text messages or Voice. Just one window to see everything that is happening. One continuous chat for all things Harrier to monitor, where people write one or two sentences, instead of dozens of threads with long posts as in a forum.

30 minutes ago, Cunctator said:

Discord certainly looks less time consuming to me. I can understand why it is a more attractive solution for small dev teams. It is universal communications platform that can also be used for internal and private talk and all kind of hobbies. Text messages or Voice. Just one window to see everything that is happening. One continuous chat for all things Harrier to monitor, where people write one or two sentences, instead of dozens of threads with long posts as in a forum.

Can you please pull up from the Razbam discord the disussion about the bug of TPOD designation randomly jumping around, it was discussed about 3-5 months ago.

Thank you....

3 hours ago, Fri13 said:

Those are few and rare that really happens. And talking on the market to someone who has problems doesn't help others at the other time, or those who are not at the market.

And when someone focuses so heavily in the small place, where information is lost right there, it doesn't help anyone else ever.

Why all the help etc should be directed to this forum, centralized so that people come here to seek help, to search answers and to share information. And the minimal effort is require to get information to maximum potential and stored for the future reasons.

It is just annoying for some that they couldn't hide the unpleasant questions and try to control who can talk about what.

Yes, but what has this to do with "silence indicating a frozen project"?

I get that you wish for Razbam to post status reports here in this very thread or at least on the forum. I would appreciate this as well.

Where I beg to differ is, if spreading rumors about "frozen development" to bribe Razbam into action to satisfy your expectations is the best way to communicate that desire for regular updates in a specific place.

Again, I would like to see RAZBAM_ELMO posting a little "what we do currently. What's still in the pipeline or has been added to the list" regularly every 4 to 8 weeks here, but it is Razbam's decision in the end and there is no obligation to do so, just that it is a good practice in the first place.

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

28 minutes ago, Fri13 said:

Can you please pull up from the Razbam discord the disussion about the bug of TPOD designation randomly jumping around, it was discussed about 3-5 months ago.

Thank you....

Discord isn't a bug tracking tool. Bug section is here in the forum and as I pointed out before actively (as in two days ago/yesterday) used to monitor bugs and give feedback... Again, you try to discredit Razbam to satisfy your grief?

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

26 minutes ago, shagrat said:

Discord isn't a bug tracking tool. Bug section is here in the forum and as I pointed out before actively (as in two days ago/yesterday) used to monitor bugs and give feedback...

You are missing the point, Discord is not place for any kind discussions, information sharing or problem solving, simply put, to any kind tasking that forums are.

You can not find easily information through the Discord. It is nothing more than a chit-chat for topics that should be irrelevant for the communication between customer and the studio, and between customers itself.

Facebook, Discord etc are not places to discuss about the future patches, about features, about capabilities, about the bugs, errors, problems, about the procedures, about anything really.

It literally should be only place as these are for:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/46-chit-chat/

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/63-military-and-aviation/

But the problem is that once you create a universal and non-organized place for people to hangout, they start to use it for everything and all the organization goes down the drain, faster more you have those multiple channels to do it all.

26 minutes ago, shagrat said:

Again, you try to discredit Razbam to satisfy your grief?

You just try to hide the truth and facts with personal attacks.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fri13 said:

You just try to hide the truth and facts with personal attacks.

What could I possibly hide? The fact RAZBAM_ELMO being active in this very Harrier forum two days ago despite your implication otherwise? As for the notion to have regular info here, did you read my posts?

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

56 minutes ago, shagrat said:

Yes, but what has this to do with "silence indicating a frozen project"?

If you would read, you would understand.

I get that you wish for Razbam to post status reports here in this very thread or at least on the forum. I would appreciate this as well.

It is not difficult to do same thing as ED has done. As ED has given them all the powers and all the tools:

It is not difficult really. They have a closed thread, where they will add a post with same manner and keep it closed.

It is clean, it is single place for starting that what was done and when, and easy to follow right here.

Not to this thread, but have own dedicated thread.

Similar one can be done that would be posted when ever the new information and plans etc are coming up randomly between main roadmap.

Like "We are testing now for the 2.7 update coming at March that we would get AGR-20 / APKWS implemented" with the screenshots. Close the thread again so no discussion.

Then have own official Roadmap with the large priorities.

Again, should be closed to keep it tidy and clean.

Update it when ever new information comes up that some status changes, like feature X moves from Q2 to Q3 or is halted for the information research.

Razbam could even make a own dedicated screenshot/video thread that is closed. Post there all the screenshots and videos like some forum members does here:

But that would be the place that Razbam use as source for their other marketing purposes like their facebook.

Where I beg to differ is, if spreading rumors about "frozen development" to bribe Razbam into action to satisfy your expectations is the best way to communicate that desire for regular updates in a specific place.

Read again, that is not a rumor.

It is my personal point that when developers DOES NOT inform customers IN THE OFFICIAL FORUM about the up coming features, plans and such before other channels, they will create a silence and lack of information to their customers - other than the few who are going to sit in a Discord all day long or check facebook page or what ever, to get informed.

When there are no news, it becomes same thing as no future plans or development. It is a signal that things are halted.

And if anyone looks the Razbam behavior in the past few years, they have basically done nothing for very long times and ignoring huge efforts that some customers has done like the Community Bug Tracker.

If Razbam wants to show that there is progress going on, they need to show it. They need to come out and start posting ASAP everything that there is going on - on each corresponding module forum.

Like look what the Mr. Wags does:

https://www.youtube.com/c/MattWagner/playlists

And those are released here as well.

Eagle Dynamics does wonderful work by reporting and keeping their customers on the loop.

Sure it does take time to do those videos, but that is not demanded here. But a normal programmers daily tasks, that is to keep a To-Do lists, keep log that what was completed on the day/week, what are to be done for the next update etc. It literally can be just a 5 min a week to write a summary and plans.

Again, I would like to see RAZBAM_ELMO posting a little "what we do currently. What's still in the pipeline or has been added to the list" regularly every 4 to 8 weeks here, but it is Razbam's decision in the end and there is no obligation to do so, just that it is a good practice in the first place.

Actually there is a obligation for the good public relationship. If you do not do that, then do not come to call people toxic or that there are rumors or something when you don't inform anyone that what is happening but go silent for months or years.

In the end it can be just a one post that is updated in time. Just like the above "Hornet Features Roadmap 2020" that gives people easy means to check out what is to be done etc.

No promises, as just "We are trying to do this" is far better than "-------".

Just now, shagrat said:

What could I possibly hide? The fact RAZBAM_ELMO being active in this very Harrier forum two days ago despite your implication otherwise?

You are missing the point. Hiding the facts that there is no plans, there is no roadmaps, there are no clear discussions what will be done and what are targeted times.

One post to day ago, few reports to change them to "user error" and locking threads without answering that what was the user error, or just doing the normal bug report replies is not really huge thing.

But ELMO is alone, he is tasked from ED to get things solved here as Razbam dropped the ball completely. And he has lots to catch on and try to improve.

Like quick checking and there is no posts about Harrier getting AGR-20/APKWS likely in the 2.7 as it is being tested currently.

No announcement about that what the 2.5.6 update that comes tomorrow is going to have from Razbam.

Just now, shagrat said:

As for the notion to have regular info here, did you read my posts?

Yes for today, but I don't go checking what you might have said 4 months ago.

Fact is, status information, plans and updates to Harrier in this forum doesn't really happen. ELMO spends lot of time in the Discord, and why there? Why not direct people here and post the information here? Again part of the problem!

Giving a personal assistance over VoIP? NOT A SOLUTION FOR EVERYONE ELSE!

Direct the people here, ask them to start a thread and help there!

If something is very complex topic that needs explaining how to do it, easiest thing is really to:

1) Launch DCS with the mission.

2) Start recording with OBS/Shadow Play/Relive

3) Talk through the procedure and explain things.

4) Upload the video file to Youtube (drag and drop!)

5) Post the link to the thread or create a new thread about it.

So why to try to schedule time between two people to help, when one can do it at any time in good pace and show it to everyone else who search in the later on help in this forum?

No requirement to have Discord, no scheduling time, no time wasted, leaving permanent record for the future and for others etc.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fri13 said:

If you would read, you would understand.

It is not difficult to do same thing as ED has done. As ED has given them all the powers and all the tools:

It is not difficult really. They have a closed thread, where they will add a post with same manner and keep it closed.

It is clean, it is single place for starting that what was done and when, and easy to follow right here.

Not to this thread, but have own dedicated thread.

Similar one can be done that would be posted when ever the new information and plans etc are coming up randomly between main roadmap.

Like "We are testing now for the 2.7 update coming at March that we would get AGR-20 / APKWS implemented" with the screenshots. Close the thread again so no discussion.

Then have own official Roadmap with the large priorities.

Again, should be closed to keep it tidy and clean.

Update it when ever new information comes up that some status changes, like feature X moves from Q2 to Q3 or is halted for the information research.

Razbam could even make a own dedicated screenshot/video thread that is closed. Post there all the screenshots and videos like some forum members does here:

But that would be the place that Razbam use as source for their other marketing purposes like their facebook.

Read again, that is not a rumor.

It is my personal point that when developers DOES NOT inform customers IN THE OFFICIAL FORUM about the up coming features, plans and such before other channels, they will create a silence and lack of information to their customers - other than the few who are going to sit in a Discord all day long or check facebook page or what ever, to get informed.

When there are no news, it becomes same thing as no future plans or development. It is a signal that things are halted.

And if anyone looks the Razbam behavior in the past few years, they have basically done nothing for very long times and ignoring huge efforts that some customers has done like the Community Bug Tracker.

If Razbam wants to show that there is progress going on, they need to show it. They need to come out and start posting ASAP everything that there is going on - on each corresponding module forum.

Like look what the Mr. Wags does:

https://www.youtube.com/c/MattWagner/playlists

And those are released here as well.

Eagle Dynamics does wonderful work by reporting and keeping their customers on the loop.

Sure it does take time to do those videos, but that is not demanded here. But a normal programmers daily tasks, that is to keep a To-Do lists, keep log that what was completed on the day/week, what are to be done for the next update etc. It literally can be just a 5 min a week to write a summary and plans.

Actually there is a obligation for the good public relationship. If you do not do that, then do not come to call people toxic or that there are rumors or something when you don't inform anyone that what is happening but go silent for months or years.

In the end it can be just a one post that is updated in time. Just like the above "Hornet Features Roadmap 2020" that gives people easy means to check out what is to be done etc.

No promises, as just "We are trying to do this" is far better than "-------".

As I said before, I would like consistent update thread with regular monthly/two monthly info from Elmo, as well, but that is different from "implicating the development is frozen". At least in my understanding "frozen" would mean "no more development and work commencing" and that for a fact is not true.

Shagrat

"Giving a personal assistance over VoIP? NOT A SOLUTION FOR EVERYONE ELSE!"

That's not what he does, he speeds up identification of bugs by going through the procedure and reports with the people experiencing "odd issues" to sort out user error instead of taking 3 days worth of posts back and forth... So he can quickly sort out the actual bugs and send them to the devs, ED etc.

Bug reports here are now getting marked accordingly etc.

I can't see anything bad in that process, sorry.

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

7 minutes ago, shagrat said:

As I said before, I would like consistent update thread with regular monthly/two monthly info from Elmo, as well, but that is different from "implicating the development is frozen". At least in my understanding "frozen" would mean "no more development and work commencing" and that for a fact is not true.

You are still missing what I wrote:

Let me quote this for you:

Let's see what the next update does, as otherwise I fear that it development is frozen as nothing is said here, almost nothing is explained etc.

Now let me bold you the key words in that:

Let's see what the next update does, as otherwise I fear that it development is frozen as nothing is said here, almost nothing is explained etc.

If you do not understand that yet, let me explain it to you very carefully.

When a customers do not see status updates, roadmaps etc IN THIS VERY SPECIFIC FORUM, in this very specific thread, they will be met with silence. No information. No plans told to anyone officially.

How long did Harrier not receive bug fixes for common main problems in Harrier? Like even today the 3 years old bug for slewing sensors is silence. No information is Razbam working for it or do they even acknowledge it! Silence!

Instead there are just some people who come and say "It is a user error" or "It must be in your hardware" and so on. Blaming the user behalf of the Razbam.

If one needs to go to Discord to find out that tomorrow 27th the last DCS 2.5.6 update is released, and that next update is the 2.7 series and it will not come out than March (skipping the February) and yet nothing is said about what the update will be even when it was frozen week ago for closed-beta testing, it is alarming. It literally is still alarming that there is no dedicated update thread. No official news ASAP etc.

The evidence that ELMO comments something here or change some bug reports statuses etc, is not a evidence that information really is here.

I can fear what ever I want, it is not a rumor spreading. It is me EXPRESSING OPINION that what can be seen from the status quo. When customers do not see development, they don't know the schedule or plans, they do not know. And that makes them question things that are things to be fixed or implemented or anything. As just one changing "Not a bug" or "Confirmed bug" doesn't yet say anything that is there nothing to be done to them.

If I would be spreading rumors (as you claim) then I would say "I read on the Discord that Razbam has frozen the Harrier development for now". And that would be a lie as well because I have not read such thing there by anyone saying. As I said, HERE IN THIS FORUM.... Is not same thing as DISCORD.

So if one does not follow Discord, Facebook etc but checks time to time what happens in this forum and try to keep up the news that what does the Harrier status go, it is more silence.

Edited by Fri13

4 minutes ago, shagrat said:

"Giving a personal assistance over VoIP? NOT A SOLUTION FOR EVERYONE ELSE!"

That's not what he does,

So he can quickly sort out the actual bugs and send them to the devs, ED etc.

This is what he wrote:

Alright so alot has changed, so before I move this as a USER error, are you able to hop onto our Discord at any point this weekend? There just a whole lot to explain here about what you are seeing and describing.

He has already confirmed that he is going to move it to USER error category. Not even considering that there would be a bug but just user error.

He is going to literally explain things for single individual person, what does that user see and what has he explained in his post:

So why not just make a video, explain all the things right there and post it to that thread as it is a user error?

Why to wait days to maybe get individual to Discord so only he could receive that explanation?

Why to leave everyone else out from that help by not telling WHAT was the problem or how things work?

Just a common sense really.

When someone (in any forum) starts a new thread asking help, it does not help anyone that later on the original poster will drop by and put message out:

"Forget this post, I found the solution".

And that's it.

What was the solution? Thanks for participating for the community where others seek help and advice and as well information in the future and denying from them the solution to problem!

It is not for nothing called "Forum" as it is for everyone, and it is from now on the the foreseeable future.

Someone might not even fly the Harrier but might find interesting about the problem and solution and can suddenly be in assistance in the future for someone who has that same problem. This way forum members help each others by sharing the information that is accessible to everyone.

Bug reports here are now getting marked accordingly etc.

I can't see anything bad in that process, sorry.

You still don't understand, this is not about ELMO job, as he is doing what he can. He was given a hot potato and he needs to try to get it solved. But he still doesn't inform here about future.

LIke did he start a new thread here about this:

4:56 AM] RAZBAM_ELMO: 

next patch to OB is on the 27th, next patch after that wont be till march ish when DCS goes from 2.6.X to 2.7.X

or

[1:23 AM] RAZBAM_ELMO: 

When I know all of the fixes submitted into Closed Beta work and function and there's no glaring issues with them then I will post the draft list of expected fixes submitted to ED

or

12:25 AM] RAZBAM_ELMO: 

patch was finallied last week. All this is for the march patch.

47 minutes ago, Fri13 said:

But he still doesn't inform here about future.

LIke did he start a new thread here about this:

4:56 AM] RAZBAM_ELMO: 

next patch to OB is on the 27th, next patch after that wont be till march ish when DCS goes from 2.6.X to 2.7.X

or

[1:23 AM] RAZBAM_ELMO: 

When I know all of the fixes submitted into Closed Beta work and function and there's no glaring issues with them then I will post the draft list of expected fixes submitted to ED

or

12:25 AM] RAZBAM_ELMO: 

patch was finallied last week. All this is for the march patch.

Yep, that's what I already agreed upon. It would be nice to have a regular update on the things currently worked on and what's to come every 4 to 8 weeks here on the forum.

Shagrat

4 hours ago, netizensmith said:

Big update today, announced right here on the ED forum.

Isn't it tomorrow? At least few hours ago the post was that it is 28th and not 27th.

My opinion after I was on the road a little with the Harriere after patching today: Today's patch has brought the module a good bit forward again! In my opinion, the MFDs are also easier to read now. Great! I am seriously considering getting the Harrier campaign. And I will also go to the Mirage over the weekend.

• Like 1

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

17 hours ago, kotor633 said:

My opinion after I was on the road a little with the Harriere after patching today: Today's patch has brought the module a good bit forward again! In my opinion, the MFDs are also easier to read now. Great! I am seriously considering getting the Harrier campaign. And I will also go to the Mirage over the weekend.

Seriously? Easier to read now?

The MFCD's became unusable to be read if you do not push your face on them. Before the update it was normally readable and no need to lean or zoom. What now sometimes required to adjust contrast or even map colors (realistic systems and procedures to do to get maps readable).

At the night you can't read the map at all. The map is in full brightness and the text is black. You can not use the map at night. You can't even read just the EHSD without map as it gets so scrambled.

And now it will be in this situation for next 4-6 weeks...

15 minutes ago, Fri13 said:

The MFCD's became unusable to be read if you do not push your face on them. Before the update it was normally readable and no need to lean or zoom. What now sometimes required to adjust contrast or even map colors (realistic systems and procedures to do to get maps readable).

At the night you can't read the map at all. The map is in full brightness and the text is black. You can not use the map at night. You can't even read just the EHSD without map as it gets so scrambled.

Where are the testers?  Why isn't this being sequestered to internal fixes.  I hate it when such an obviously bad issue gets pushed out to the public.  I'd fly the release but it has it's own glaring issues.

Edited by SGT Coyle

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

35 minutes ago, SGT Coyle said:

Where are the testers?  Why isn't this being sequestered to internal fixes.  I hate it when such an obviously bad issue gets pushed out to the public.  I'd fly the release but it has it's own glaring issues.

Check the thread:

Auntystatic

Closed Beta Tester

It was reported during testing, but sometimes there are much more high priority or important issues that the developers need to address first, in my case I have the MPCD's exported to another monitor and those displays are pin sharp, the map display is a little harder to read but the data on it can now be changed in colour to help readability.

I just tested the Harrier at night. It is nearly impossible to fly and operate as FLIR is unusable if there is any burning objects in the FOV. and FLIR in HUD is useless, you see better without it at night in full moon, and the MFCD's are just useless as you can't really read anything - especially from the TPOD video if at Night mode. In Day mode you can see the text barely, but the TPOD video is just bright green.

Here is best I could get with TPOD FLIR WHOT when there was nothing burning:

Night_No_More.jpg

You don't see any text really. The MFCD is unreadable. Only way to activate laser was knowledge that first to Arm it, then switch it from the TRNG to LASR and then press FIRE to get it going. To confirm that laser is firing I needed to check the HUD that L is flashing there.

Once the first target exploded, the screen turns like this, and it stays like that no matter where you really point it as long there is any fire in the FOV:

Night_No_More2.jpg

Edited by Fri13

Auntystatic

Closed Beta Tester

It was reported during testing, but sometimes there are much more high priority or important issues that the developers need to address first, in my case I have the MPCD's exported to another monitor and those displays are pin sharp, the map display is a little harder to read but the data on it can now be changed in colour to help readability.

That doesn't really explain why these issues keep getting pushed out the public.  He exports it to another monitor.  Maybe that does.
Serenity now...

Serenity now...

Serenity now...

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

vor einer Stunde schrieb Fri13:

That is your opinion. Although I didn't print myself out completely correctly. I think the MFDs are easier to read over the day (like in de FA-18C the Map is off). I also think that with the TPOD you can recognize goals better now. However, you are absolutely right, at night this thing is pure horror.

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

3 minutes ago, kotor633 said:

That is your opinion. Although I didn't print myself out completely correctly. I think the MFDs are easier to read over the day (like in de FA-18C the Map is off). I also think that with the TPOD you can recognize goals better now. However, you are absolutely right, at night this thing is pure horror.

Comparing F/A-18C and AV-8B in any time of day or mode, the Hornet is very clear and easily used. Harrier, not at all if you do not push your face on the MFCD.

• Like 1