ELI5 Adding Weapons to Aircraft's LUA?

Nealius

I want to add some training weapons to the F-16 and F/A-18C, but aside from adding said weapons in the aircrafts' LUA files, I don't know how this works.

In DCS there are EDM models for CATM-120 and CATM-88. There is also a CAP-9 that has a white body instead of a blue body. How would I add these to the F-16 and F/A-18C?

I want to add some training weapons to the F-16 and F/A-18C, but aside from adding said weapons in the aircrafts' LUA files, I don't know how this works.

In DCS there are EDM models for CATM-120 and CATM-88. There is also a CAP-9 that has a white body instead of a blue body. How would I add these to the F-16 and F/A-18C?

A far as I know, the files for the playable versions are encrypted. On the other hand, you can add the weapons for the AI planes.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

So no more modding for player aircraft?

It should still be possible.

First, you need to find the CLSID of those catm weapons. I dont remember exactly anymore where the list is, but its somewhere in /script/(database)

Then you add the founs CLSID to the station and aircraft you want.

https://github.com/pydcs/dcs/blob/master/dcs/weapons_data.py

this should have every weapon/fuel tank clsid in the game

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• 2 weeks later...
https://github.com/pydcs/dcs/blob/master/dcs/weapons_data.py

this should have every weapon/fuel tank clsid in the game

Thanks for that.

This is a good thread.

I want to add or replace the rockets in the Huey rocket laucnhers with APKWS rockets.

How can I do that?

Most solutions I have found are only for FC3/LOMAC aircraft.

This is an amazing sim! 'Nuff said!:pilotfly:

YouTube: SloppyDog

Thanks for that.

This is a good thread.

I want to add or replace the rockets in the Huey rocket laucnhers with APKWS rockets.

How can I do that?

Most solutions I have found are only for FC3/LOMAC aircraft.

Works the same way. Add or replace the CLSID of the rockets with those of the APKWS.

Works the same way. Add or replace the CLSID of the rockets with those of the APKWS.

Thanks.

But I can't seem to find the files for the Huey.

I read in some other post that they are encrypted for playable aircraft.

Is that so?

Or is there a way to work around it?

Thanks.

This is an amazing sim! 'Nuff said!:pilotfly:

YouTube: SloppyDog