Hall effect sensor Question

Ok, so we're getting somewhere now. Firmware is installed and I can get buttons installed and working but my pots are not responding. In know the pots work as I had them working with an Arduino sketch.

I've set Source as IntSensor, MCU port as A1 and assignment as X as in in the picture.

Any ideas? Thanks

1.thumb.jpg.0ab75c00e26398d8023d45818db9317c.jpg

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Seems that lack calibration.

"Save settings to device" and to a cold reset (unplug and plug USB cable), after open "VKB Joy Tester" (button in lower task bar) and test the axis.

Since you have ticked "Auto calibration" leave the pot in middle of course before plug again, if leave in "0" (~0v) no variation will be detected.

Seems that lack calibration.

"Save settings to device" and to a cold reset (unplug and plug USB cable), after open "VKB Joy Tester" (button in lower task bar) and test the axis.

Since you have ticked "Auto calibration" leave the pot in middle of course before plug again, if leave in "0" (~0v) no variation will be detected.

Ok, I figured out what I was doing - I was using the numbers on the micro pro board itself rather than the numbers on the diagram for the MCU ports. So pots and buttons work as they should.

Now, I need to figure out how to get my A3144 hall sensors working properly in configurator. they're either 3/4 on or fully on like in the second picture. Any ideas? Cheers

1.jpg.2d666217d7184183f22a160782832d3f.jpg

2.jpg.8f293003e0096c815d9c689d4b72781e.jpg

Edited by mr_mojo97

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Looks like that those A3144 are switches, not linear Hall like A1324LUA-T (or 25, 26).

"SENSITIVE HALL-EFFECT SWITCHES"

https://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/55092/ALLEGRO/A3144.html

A1324LUA-T datasheet:

"Linear Hall Effect Sensor"

https://www.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/pdf/517271/ALLEGRO/A1324LUA-T.html

Edited by Sokol1_br

• 2 months later...

Thought I would just post this question here instead of making a new thread.

I'm designing a collective and trying to finalize the throttle portion using a hall sensor, of which I've never worked with before and have no sensors or magnets to test atm. Using the design below, which block magnet should I be using, N & S poles on the large faces, or N & S on the short sides? This throttle arm is going to be rotating over the hall sensor as pictured, so I was hoping it could start the axis movement from the top position and finish for max throttle when it reaches the sensor, preferably 60 degrees of throttle handle rotation.

Is this way of spacing and placing the magnet and sensor doable, or will it only start producing axis inputs when the magnet is very close to the sensor? Should I use a round magnet instead? Thanks!

1.jpg2.jpg

RimOnBlue.png

F/A-18C - A-10C - FC3 - L-39C/ZA - Ka-50 - UH-1H - Mi-8MTV2 - F-86F - Spitfire - P-51D - P-47D - BF-109K - CA

15 hours ago, SyntaxError said:

Is this way of spacing and placing the magnet and sensor doable, or will it only start producing axis inputs when the magnet is very close to the sensor? Should I use a round magnet instead? Thanks!

1.jpg

The format of magnet is not too issue, but magnet can't leave the sensor area, or crazy things happens, what your drawing show difficult will work.

Anyway find a way to try your magnet and sensor placement idea before start build.

Better put two magnets in opposite sides of axis tube (N-S) oriented, and put the sensor in the middle of tube inside the N-S field.

Consider use ready to use Hall sensor "potentiometer", like Bi-Tech 6120 series, pay attention to "effective electric angle", if get a wrong model you plan may fail.

Or more advanced easy to use sensors, like GVL224 MagRez (KMZ42 magneto resistance) or Rel4y version, or TLE5010/11 (available in ready to use kits in Aliexpress), that require Mmjoy2 or FreeJoy as controller, due their digital bus.

First thing to do is determine how much angle the axis of your lever will move, then how fit a sensor for this required angle.

Edited by Sokol1_br