What's wrong with the Jug, why so little interest ?

Hueyman

In the end of the day, warbirds aren't that different from eachother. I mean sure, they have a bit different characteristics and system operate a bit differently..but it's not that major. Propably the reason why Mosquito got so much attention, it's something properly different from other warbirds. That's my reason anyway for not buying it. I wouldn't mind getting a bomber with multicrew as the next addition for the era.. would be an instabuy.

Edited by Tenebrae Aeternae

PC: i7 8700k 32GB DDR4 3200 Mhz  RTX 3070 Ti Hotas Warthog Thrustmaster TPR Track ir 5 Bodnar BBI-32 Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Lewitt LCT 240 Pro
Jets: A-10A A-10C Warthog A-10C II F-14 Tomcat F-16C Viper F-5E Tiger II F/A-18C Hornet F-15C Su-33 MiG-29 F-86F Sabre 
Choppers: AH-64D Mi-8MTV2 UH-1H Huey Black shark 2 Maps: Nevada Normandy Persian gulf Syria The Channel 
WW2: BF-109 K4 Fw 190 D-9 Dora Mosquito FB VI P-51D Mustang Spitfire LF Mk. IX  Other: Supercarrier WWII Assets Pack NS 430 Navigation System Combined Arms 

vor 27 Minuten schrieb badger7966:

Ive just bought it along with the Channel,WWII assets pack,Normandy,BF109,FW190A8 and D9........but Im planning on learning this first.

Always loved it.....especially in ground attack.

Its my first WWII module and its bloody difficult to take it off.....sometimes it pulls to the left and bang into the ground.....or house !!!

A lot of WWII servers dont allow for external view ....which as Im learning I find very helpful...which is a shame.

Is there a simple way to navigate in the Jug /

Cant speak for the jug as i still learn handling the mustang. but when taxiing, i simply "hang out" my head out of the cockpit and keep shifting view left or right when changing directions, with a bit of panning the view.
does the trick really.

dont really have to do snaking around the field, even tho its accurate.

rest is practice.

Edited by Doughguy

20 hours ago, badger7966 said:

Ive just bought it along with the Channel,WWII assets pack,Normandy,BF109,FW190A8 and D9........but Im planning on learning this first.

Its my first WWII module and its bloody difficult to take it off.....sometimes it pulls to the left and bang into the ground.....or house !!!

A lot of WWII servers dont allow for external view ....which as Im learning I find very helpful...which is a shame.

The P-47 has two fuel tanks: the main and an auxiliary.  The Auxiliary tank, when full, makes the P-47 tail heavy and harder to control (especially at low speeds!)

Make a simple mission for you to practice on (this will let you have external views)

Set the fuel to 73% (this setting is a full Main tank and an empty Aux tank).

Start with no external stores.

Practice taking off.  Once you’re comfortable with a best-case-scenario P-47, add some weight by putting on rockets.  Once you master those take offs, add bombs.  Finally, once you can take off in a P-47 with bombs and rockets, fill up the Aux tank and try those takeoffs.

Easier to learn in small steps than it is all at once!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, badger7966 said:

Jug in clean config with 60-70% fuel is very easy to take off, only a bit of rudder work is needed.

Don't forget to lock tail wheel before taking off.

Wait till tail comes up and you will see after some acceleration that plane wants take off then pull stick and watch what is happening with plane, once ground effect is gone Jug will drop nose then you need to pull stick a bit more. If you were flying jets before forget about it. In ww2 every move with stick require smoothness and gentle. Full stick deflection(elevator/pitch) is never needed half at most for the tight turn, full range is some kind of safety feature when you loose your control surfaces to combat damage or lose horizontal stab authority in high speed dive, so you can fly plane. With everything fine 50% of elevator deflection is needed at most in spitfire probably even less.

About question, is there a way to navigate in Jug you mean, how to look around ? If so then there is only one answer, use track ir or cheaper version there are a lot of them, w/o it will be struggle to fly,fight.

Edited by grafspee
  • Like 1

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

• 4 weeks later...

I just purchased the Jug in the sale for the fall 2021 sale with the channel map. To answer the titles question of "What's wrong with the Jug, why so little interest ?"  I will say why I've waited this long to get the Jug. ( For the record I'm an older player 48 yrs old if that matters )

1) What you need to fly war birds. - You have to have a ww2 map(s) and the ww2 assetpack ( Which I still don't have ) and a plane(s) module.

2) The P-47 has a lot going on! By that I mean trying to fly it is a bit like trying to pat your head and rub your belly and fly a plane at the same time. I've flown the Jug on some free to try trials and found it challenging. ( Not that, that is a bad thing! ) But it was intimidating to me. So rather than making the P-47 my first ww2 module I went P-51.

3) Money- For those of us that don't own every module out there yet, you end up making a mental order of priorities. I would LOVE and WILL own every module eventually, but I tend to wait for the sales. With the complexity ( in terms of ww2 aircraft ) I think it makes sense that people would go after the Spitfire/P-51 before the P-47.

• Like 2

"Now how do I land this thing?" *Sound of pages turning*

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought the 47 a few days ago and I have to say. I LOVE THIS BIRD. Only been in it a few times now but holy she's beautiful. 8 .50 cals are just a blast. Can't wait to get proficient in this old girl. I have a great teacher too in NO.20_Fuzzy_Man_Peach, That dude can fly the 47 like no ones business. Think we have our whole squad getting in that machine now, So cool.  

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...