[FIXED] C-101 Training Missions Not Progressing (Broken Triggers)

Xoho

The following C-101 training missions are impossible to complete, as when they ask for a user action (pressing a button), the trigger does not fire and the mission will not progress, even after holding the button for a prolonged period, or depressing and holding the spacebar.

Lessons confirmed not working:

1.2 Basic Visual Flight (Stuck trying to activate pitot heat)

2.2 IFR Flight (Stuck trying to activate pitot heat)

4.1 Ground attack with guns and rockets (Stuck trying to select pylons 2 & 5)

4.2 Ground attack with bombs (Stuck trying to select pylons 2 & 5)

4.3 Anti-ship strike with Sea Eagle missile (Stuck trying to select pylons 2 & 5)

5 Misiles (typo in mission name) and cannon employment in air combat (Stuck trying to select pylons 1 & 6)

Lessons 1.1, 2.1, and 3 are also likely not working; however, I do not have time to go through them at the moment. If others could confirm that would be fantastic.

Screenshots showing where some of the missions break are included.

Tracks can be found on the Eagle Dynamics discord here (unable to upload to forums due to file size restrictions): https://discordapp.com/channels/542985647502393346/543358251694292992/754212767006720111

Screen_200911_221358.png

Screen_200911_215359.png

Screen_200911_221730.png

Edited by Vibora

• 2 weeks later...
Fixed all. If someone needs the files, let me know.

I'm having the same problems as the OP did, with the same missions pretty much. Would like to have the fixed ones as well, if possible. Thanks. :)

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

Thank you, good sir. :)

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

• 4 weeks later...
Here you have a rar with all current mission files.

Vibora - Good progress but there are a few still hanging at the same spot. I downloaded your rar mission files and started them from DCS: missions (rather than DCS: training). Here are the results so far:

C-101FA-Lesson-01-Start-Up-V4 (Still Broken) Will not proceed past - Essential Bus Transfer (korry) - same place as before

C-101FA-Lesson-01-Basic_Visual_Flight_EN (Fixed) - Thank you

C-101FA-Lesson-02-Radios+Navaids-1_EN (Still Broken) Will not proceed past - Verify you have UHF control (korry) - same place as before

I will continue and check the other lessons to see if they work. Are you sure you included the Fixed files for the Start-up and Radio+Navaids-1?

Thank you for the help so far,

Scott

• 1 month later...

Hi - ive downloaded the updated missions which allowed me to get past the broken trigger on the cold start mission however I think I’ve hit another one on the radio and navaids mission. 

Everything is fine until I taxi and then I receive no further guidance - looking on YouTube it seems I should receive instructions for further checks to carry out whilst taxiing however I receive no further guidance until I turn onto runway 08 where I’m told I’m going the wrong way!!

Also there is an issue with the radio calls which may or may not be related. If I follow the instructor and request taxi, and then abort taxi to test the UHF and VHF radios, then I no longer have any radio call options available to the airfield tower when I need to request taxi clearance again. I manage to get around this by not testing the radio calls and pressing space to progress the training mission. 

many thanks. 

Hi - ive downloaded the updated missions which allowed me to get past the broken trigger on the cold start mission however I think I’ve hit another one on the radio and navaids mission. 

Everything is fine until I taxi and then I receive no further guidance - looking on YouTube it seems I should receive instructions for further checks to carry out whilst taxiing however I receive no further guidance until I turn onto runway 08 where I’m told I’m going the wrong way!!

Unable to reproduce, everything works fine in the training mission. It seems you took the wrong taxi direction.

Also there is an issue with the radio calls which may or may not be related. If I follow the instructor and request taxi, and then abort taxi to test the UHF and VHF radios, then I no longer have any radio call options available to the airfield tower when I need to request taxi clearance again. I manage to get around this by not testing the radio calls and pressing space to progress the training mission. 

You did right. It's a DCS limitation. It was working some time ago, but ED made some changes. Radio management in DCS will be eventually improved.

many thanks.

You are welcome.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

Hmm I’m not sure how I could go in the wrong direction - I turn right onto taxiway - there is a fuel truck parked at taxiway junction but it makes no difference if I bear right and take the last left onto the start of runway 08 or turn left at the fuel truck direct onto the runway. 
On the YouTube video as soon as you pull right onto the taxiway the instructor starts giving instructions to make further instrument checks - I don’t get any of that. 

can you confirm the timestamp of the working version of the mission - I think mine is 25th October. 

25th October is the correct file date.

I don't know what youtube video you are talking about. In any case, what you have to do is just follow instructions given during the lesson, once you start to taxi, turn right to proceed to holding point for runway 08, full lengh. The truck turns left when you approach it, you just have to follow straight forward, as you said,  bear right and take the last left onto the start of runway 08. Be sure you press spacebar when requested to do so, to get to next trigger action.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi when I kept getting to the same point with nothing happening I found the video linked below.  It’s about 14m30s where I get to. 

I’m following the instructions as you say - the last instruction I receive is to get taxi clearance, begin taxi, brake check and turn right. I follow this exactly however no further instructions are incoming and the fuel truck does not move. 

Edited by Skood

That might be the reason. I can't help you easily in that case as I don't have that version installed, but it's very likely that the training mission won't run correctly, since we made changes that affect inputs and therefore some triggers won't work.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've just passed the training mission in Open Beta and it works, so you should have no problems with this version.

BTW, I didn't have any issues either with radio comms, you should follow the instructions given during the mission to call ATC, with \ - F1 the first time (UHF radio) and \ - F2 the second time (VHF radio), as well as \ – F1 again to ask for taxi.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]