Just finished Mission 2, the campaign is great!

ZeroReady

Really nice job on this one, everything is very well done. Thank you!

Thank you, I'm glad you liked it!:joystick:

Agree, my all time favorites campaign, great work Forexlor.

Just back from the night flight to the Aircraft Cruiser and feel the need of a bottle of cognac to take off my muscle tension.

:megalol::megalol:

Agree, my all time favorites campaign, great work Forexlor.

Just back from the night flight to the Aircraft Cruiser and feel the need of a bottle of cognac to take off my muscle tension.

I’ve just completed that one, it’s awesome. I went on to do the next one, a maintenance flight. But I be dammed if I know which taxi ramp and location I’m supposed to go to. Because of this, I didn’t complete it and got kicked back to the previous mission again.

The place is indicated in the knee pad and the dispatcher told you taxi between the Yak-40 and the Su-34 (if I'm not mistaken). It also informs you point where you park and you can see it on the F10 map

My knee pads are completely mixed up, intermingled with English/Russian, unlike the first mission where they are both separated. Non of my available knee pad pages had any indication of the parking location and I was never informed by traffic control where to go, just cleared to taxi. I had to taxi around one aircraft as it was blocking the taxi way. I only knew where to go when I selected the mission map prior to starting and in there was the indicated parking lot.

As for the first artic mission, holy crap that engine surge went through the roof, killed the throttle and pulled a ton of pitch which controlled the RPM, then cut the fuel to the engine and performed a run on landing.

Really nice job on this one, everything is very well done. Thank you!

Yeah, liked this one as well (maybe because of the nice female voice, haha). Seriuosly though, good mission lenght, nice voice overs to keep the flight interesting and good limits for the comfortable flight. Just a relaxing flight. Well, I would have prefered 15 instead of 11° for the maximum banking because this way I really had to do quite some big "circles" for the correct landing approach - but that's just a detail.

My knee pads are completely mixed up, intermingled with English/Russian, unlike the first mission where they are both separated. Non of my available knee pad pages had any indication of the parking location and I was never informed by traffic control where to go, just cleared to taxi. I had to taxi around one aircraft as it was blocking the taxi way. I only knew where to go when I selected the mission map prior to starting and in there was the indicated parking lot.

As for the first artic mission, holy crap that engine surge went through the roof, killed the throttle and pulled a ton of pitch which controlled the RPM, then cut the fuel to the engine and performed a run on landing.

Mission 5 maintenance flight- You are absolutely right and I'm sorry!:( I figured out and found my mistake. Problem when translating into English. In the Russian voice acting Krasnodar-Pashkovsky Tower indicates both the taxiing path and the number of the parking lot, but in the English version this is not. Once again, I'm sorry. I thank you for your comment and I will fix this.:doh::doh::doh:

Edited by STONE SKY

• 3 months later...

Recently bought the MI-8 and this campaign!

Have not had this fun in years in DCS!

Awesome fun and great job! I have only completed 3 missions as of yet, I really like the winter flying with this helicopter, cosy feeling. 🙂

First mission though is very hard though, I guess it gets easier if using rudder-trim? I do not have this option on, anyone uses rudder trim with spring-loaded pedals (in this case I am using racing-pedals with combined axes).

• Like 1

12.01.2021 в 11:55, Vantskruv сказал:

Recently bought the MI-8 and this campaign!

Have not had this fun in years in DCS!

Awesome fun and great job! I have only completed 3 missions as of yet, I really like the winter flying with this helicopter, cosy feeling. 🙂

First mission though is very hard though, I guess it gets easier if using rudder-trim? I do not have this option on, anyone uses rudder trim with spring-loaded pedals (in this case I am using racing-pedals with combined axes).

Thanks for your feedback!
Yes, it is better to make the control settings more advanced.
Reduce the roll and pitch in the Y-axis settings to 60-70%. In the special settings for the Mi-8, you can turn on the rudder trim. Taken together, these features will give you the ability to control the helicopter very well and ensure a comfortable flight in the early missions of the campaign.