DCS: F-14 Priority Issues

Cobra847

Dear All,

The team is currently focused and very busy with completing some of the biggest features we’ve ever shipped; the F-14A, Forrestal, A-6 and Campaigns.

The F-14A will release with an undetermined list of additional features in the October DCS patch.

The latest changelogs for the F-14 have been anemic due to our insistence and prioritization of new feature branches, and we look forward to showing you more about what kinds of upgrades we’ve done to various aircraft systems along the way!

Since those updates will focus more on new features, we figured we’d just drop a quick, non-exhaustive list of major, priority issues that we’re working on.

We know that several of these are frustrating and common annoyances (especially in Multiplayer!) and since we’ll be speaking almost exclusively about new features, we want to make sure that you all know that these issues are not, nor will they be forgotten.

Some of our priority issues as of today include:

• Aim-54 Phoenix API changes and guidance behavior

This is a big one; and requires more support from ED to fully solve. Bear with us a while longer as we continue the conversation with Eagle on making sure this gets done appropriately.

• Jester getting stuck in TWS-A

• Jester unable to return to RWS

• Jester getting stuck in RWS after TWS-Auto

• General TWS-Auto issues (desync, track loss, etc., where actual bugs exist)

• Adding Radar mode selection options for Jester

• Jester IFF improvements

• Jester STT Target selection and prioritization

• Wind heading/speed calculation issues when dropping bombs under very specific circumstances (investigation in progress!)

• TCS slave to radar for human RIO

• Missing Mak-79 racks

• LAU-138 on outboard station & missing textures on lower station

• Right Engine not starting after damage and respawn (this one is incredibly difficult to fix - we will continue investigating!)

• Hook animation changes and damage model (as well as associated physics, hook skip bolter, etc.)

• Continued damage model refinement (unkillable pilot, more visual changes)

• Repair not working correctly for certain items (like collapsed gear)

• Ground and Taxi behaviour issues

• Hundreds of small(er) issues!

With the launch of the -A and thus taking a giant leap towards feature complete status, we will turn our attention to improving existing systems as we continue to refine and complete the aircraft.

Stay tuned as we begin discussing the sweeping changes to the F-14 coming in October next week!

Thanks as always for your support, we're cognizant of our gaps and where we must work harder, and we hope we will reward your patience through the continued release of quality work.

Sincerely,

HB

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Thank you for the update Cobra.

When it comes to the 'General Jester TWS-A issues specifically to desync/track loss issues, I'm not sure if others have mentioned elsewhere, but I think I've found the culprit. It's the Datalink. I've only had enough free time to test it myself about half a dozen times offline and online. If I make sure my Datalink is set to anything that's NOT the AWACs, It eliminates the issues with the desync/ghost contact which lead to track loss. Hope this helps, and can't wait to wrestle with the A.

Feature complete? What about the carrier and Jester improvements?

Towards feature complete. :)

Our goal is to be feature complete and out of EA by the 2nd anniversary of release at the latest (March 2021) - but the October and subsequent patch will see most of those major items released.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

I respect the effort.

It was a great relief to me to know that the F-14A project is definitely underway. I truly respect your efforts.

As for that F-14A, is it only the US Navy's that will be released in October? And am I correct in recognizing that this is a recreation of the period when the Globe Vane was shut down?

Phantom Forever

F-4EJ / F-4EJ Kai 1971-2021

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I use DeepL Translate. Well, I can speak Japanese.

All this is polishing a jewel. THANK YOU for this fantastic module----the cost per hour of enjoyment is in the pennies and rapidly declining. Don't let your acknowledgement of areas for improvement diminish the accomplishment in making this beautiful recreation of the Tomcat.

Intel 8700K, delidded at 5.1 ghz, Asrock z370 Extreme4, 32gb DDR4 3200, MSI Ventus RTX 3080, triple 1440p Dell s2716dg screens, VKB Gunfighter Mk.I, Virpil M50-CM2 throttle, MFG Crosswind pedals.

On a similar subject, any news on the A6E tanker? Havent heard much of this in a while...

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

On a similar subject, any news on the A6E tanker? Havent heard much of this in a while...

We keep forgetting to mention it, it is also in the works, and the screenshots of it already look very nice (we will show and share at a later point though, some polishing left to do). However in priority it queues after the above listed items, both A-6 and Draken will come towards the end, A, campaigns, Forrestal etc all have priority. But as with all that we promised: it will be delivered.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

Dear All,

The team is currently focused and very busy with completing some of the biggest features we’ve ever shipped;
A-6

THIS is what I'm interested in.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

Great news, big thanks for information

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!