FCR only able to lock one target in RWS

Bouli306

I may be mistaken, but I believe only one target can be locked in STT, hence Single Target Track. Are you referring to being in TWS and being to fire on multiple targets? Track targets can be made into system targets in TWS by cursoring over them and TMS Up. TMS right will make all track targets into system targets. System targets can then be made into bugged targets with another TMS up on them, then you can fire a 120. Then TMS right to cycle the next system target to bugged and fire again. Is that what you're talking about?

SAM mode in RWS allows you to acquire a single target while the radar keeps scanning the area around the bugged target. If you want to bug multiple targets you will need to use the TWS radar mode. I recommend reading the FCR section of the Vipers early access guide fro more info on both.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I may be mistaken, but I believe only one target can be locked in STT, hence Single Target Track. Are you referring to being in TWS and being to fire on multiple targets? Track targets can be made into system targets in TWS by cursoring over them and TMS Up. TMS right will make all track targets into system targets. System targets can then be made into bugged targets with another TMS up on them, then you can fire a 120. Then TMS right to cycle the next system target to bugged and fire again. Is that what you're talking about?

Not talking about STT. You will enter STT coming from a single TMS FWD...which is SAM mode. Than TMS FWD again and you will enter STT.

• Like 1

As AlexCaboose said we dont have DTT SAM yet, its planned for the future

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

Is it called DTT or TTS? I've always heard that SAM with two targets is called Two Target SAM (TTS). Does APG-68v5 do SAM multi-track (SMT) or is that a -66 only thing?

How would you even designate the second track anyway. Right now we only have SAM AUTO and you need to be in SAM MANUAL to slew the cursors over the second target to designate it.

Is it called DTT or TTS? I've always heard that SAM with two targets is called Two Target SAM (TTS). Does APG-68v5 do SAM multi-track (SMT) or is that a -66 only thing?

How would you even designate the second track anyway. Right now we only have SAM AUTO and you need to be in SAM MANUAL to slew the cursors over the second target to designate it.

I am a 66v2 guy so so not know about the 68. With the 66 you can still slew the cursor when a target is locked.

v7 doc is calls it TTS. Yeah, that's SAM MANUAL. SAM AUTO is when the cursor are stuck to the bug (or more exactly just above it). That's the only way to get two tracks in SAM is to unstick the cursor from the bug and go and designate the secondary. DCS might have TTS but you could never enter it because you have to use manual SAM to enter it and there's no manual SAM yet.

In the you-know-who sim you go between the two SAM modes by cursor input. The bug is "sticky" and the cursor snaps to it but enough input and it breaks free. This sticky behavior is described in any real manuals though. All it says is that cursor or antenna elevation input causes the search volume to be independent. There is no mention made of how to go back to AUTO. Maybe it's just slew over and let the stickiness take over or maybe you have to TMS up on it again.

• 1 year later...
On 9/10/2020 at 2:54 PM, Frederf said:

v7 doc is calls it TTS. Yeah, that's SAM MANUAL. SAM AUTO is when the cursor are stuck to the bug (or more exactly just above it). That's the only way to get two tracks in SAM is to unstick the cursor from the bug and go and designate the secondary. DCS might have TTS but you could never enter it because you have to use manual SAM to enter it and there's no manual SAM yet.

In the you-know-who sim you go between the two SAM modes by cursor input. The bug is "sticky" and the cursor snaps to it but enough input and it breaks free. This sticky behavior is described in any real manuals though. All it says is that cursor or antenna elevation input causes the search volume to be independent. There is no mention made of how to go back to AUTO. Maybe it's just slew over and let the stickiness take over or maybe you have to TMS up on it again.

with dual target track being implemented perhaps we can hope for the dynamic scan volume that SAM is supposed to carry

vor 8 Stunden schrieb SFJackBauer:

I just noticed in that video that the 29s only appeared on the radar scope at 40nm ish....

Would be correct tho for the V5 the Viper has.

I can easily live with the correct range if the lock drops are fixed and the modes are working, more than willing to do that trade. You can still easily support a 120 all the way along.

4 hours ago, Bouli306 said:

And?

Wags like to drop easter eggs on his videos. Lots of people are anticipating the radar rework on the Viper to lower its detection range, but I saw nobody pick that up in that video. People noticed the RWR on HMCS and the reworked flame for the missile, but not that.

4 hours ago, TobiasA said:

Would be correct tho for the V5 the Viper has.

I can easily live with the correct range if the lock drops are fixed and the modes are working, more than willing to do that trade. You can still easily support a 120 all the way along.

Its not even a trade. If its realistic then it should be done, plain and simple. I don't get that fixation with detection range when, as you said, 40nm is still more than enough for the 120. Long range detection is in the realm of interceptors and AWACS, not tactical aircraft like the F-16.

But I digress. Sorry for the off-topic on the thread.

• Like 1

vor 15 Stunden schrieb SFJackBauer:

Wags like to drop easter eggs on his videos. Lots of people are anticipating the radar rework on the Viper to lower its detection range, but I saw nobody pick that up in that video. People noticed the RWR on HMCS and the reworked flame for the missile, but not that.

Its not even a trade. If its realistic then it should be done, plain and simple. I don't get that fixation with detection range when, as you said, 40nm is still more than enough for the 120. Long range detection is in the realm of interceptors and AWACS, not tactical aircraft like the F-16.

But I digress. Sorry for the off-topic on the thread.

Fully agree with that. It is not WT but a sim. It is not about balance but about simulation. 

"The trade" is not in terms of a deal, I just wanted to say that I think that the benefits of having a realistic radar modeling outweight the "downside" by far because the current radar is in fact underperforming in most areas.