Maximum Air Temperature Restricted to 38C (~100F)

Xoho

The maximum value for air temperature in the mission editor is 38C. With temperatures that can reach over 48C in areas such as Syria, Nevada, and the Persian Gulf, we cannot replicate these conditions with the current limitations of DCS World. Raising this limit to 50C would rectify this issue.

EDIT: Syria, Nevada, and the PG have different maximum temperatures as per Flappie's tests below. Syria's max temperature appears to be 38C, and the Persian Gulf's 41.3C. Other maps such as the Caucuses can reach up to 50C, so it would be nice to see this raised.

Edited by Xoho

The maximum value for air temperature in the mission editor is 38C. With temperatures that can reach over 48C in areas such as Syria, Nevada, and the Persian Gulf, we cannot replicate these conditions with the current limitations of DCS World. Raising this limit to 50C would rectify this issue.

I do not understand the problem. Here is a screen shot of Mission Editor with NTTR and todays date, with temp at 46C.

Screen_200909_084246.thumb.jpg.e65064dfd3b81b0024d27b6d7ef5f400.jpg

Here is one screen of NTTR set to June of 2020, with dynamic weather and temp set to 50C

Screen_200909_085002.thumb.jpg.3b771189dca0e67f5391753d2b57b17b.jpg

What version are you using? What is the date of the mission? what map?

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Strange. I was only able to increase the temperature to 38C during June in the Syria map. I also tried the "Summer Heat" preset which defaulted to 38C and would go no higher. How were you able to input a higher temperature?

Strange. I was only able to increase the temperature to 38C during June in the Syria map. I also tried the "Summer Heat" preset which defaulted to 38C and would go no higher. How were you able to input a higher temperature?

You're right. I'm on 21 June 2016 in Syria map, and temperature can't exceed 38°C in static weather. I've tried changing both month and year, to no avail: 38°C is the max temperature at this time.

Persian Gulf max = 41.3°C

Caucasus max = 50°C

Nevada max = 50 °C

Syria max = 38°C°

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.