Razbam/ED please clarify - Is the Harrier out of EA and consequently complete?

viper2097

Haha, this feels like a joke from razbam, I know razbam employees have got ED accounts so why can no one from them answer ? I still repect big NEWY for being on this thread but come on, it just feels a bit ridiculous.

Anyway while this doesn't relate dirrectly to the question of the harrier being feature complete or not, the fact that it has gone out of early access should still signify that bugs that were reported 100 or more days ago (which they are a lot of) should be fixed and acknoledged in the most part.

Here's the stuff:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=269108

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gYpmYD4VVaTn1YkHd_K7CJxOysoOqdN-K5oZs_anX7c/edit#gid=24479841

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

Over many years I have been generally very supportive of ED, their development partners, and understand that flight sim development is a complex and difficult endeavour.

As a Harrier owner who has enjoyed flying the module, I am VERY disappointed with this development and ED's current position on this which I find totally unacceptable.

It is obvious to me why the status change was done with no fanfare - because it is obvious to Razbam and ED that the response seen from the community was totally predictable - and entirely reasonable. The optics of making this change in such a way are not good.

It's a real shame because I'd earmarked the Falklands Map as an instant buy when it becomes available. I'm having to re-consider that. My trust in Razbam and ED has taken a major knock today.

PC specs:

A "shit storm in a glass of water"... I paid money for this module mind you, I and many others would like at least some official CLARIFICATION about the situation. If they're able to answer questions in their discord, they can do a public announcement as well. Of course hiding in an enclosed environment (read discord) and let BIGNEWY handle the PR damage control is much easier than doing some effort themselves.

RB if you're actually reading this (I hope you guys do), please handle this correctly by informing your customers and make a public statement about your reasoning and intentions regarding this not-so-small change. Show you value your customers above monetary gains.

The Discord statement is unbelievable.

So unprofessional.

They must come here, to Eagle Dynamics Official forum to deal with their customers and not to hide in Discord.

Come on Ronald. Explain yourself.

Sent from my MiG-29S (9-13S) using Tapatalk

:megalol:

So they simply went to sweep a lot of problems under "it is a military secret" rug....

He said it's feature complete, then a few seconds later, admitted that FLIR hotspots is a feature that they are still working on.

The whole situation feels really shady.

So they simply went to sweep a lot of problems under "it is a military secret" rug....

Yeah, the whole "its sekrit" thing is pretty tiresome, especially for something like DMT sidewinder slave. Its a well known system, and ED has the TGP equivalent of it already implemented in various TGP's. Other stuff, like realistic ARBS management, I'm not gonna give them a pass on either. The FLIR hotspot thing, at least they mentioned why they can't currently do it and will wait for the new FLIR model to do, fine.

But really the entire swamp of bugs in the module is pretty lame overall and the rate of fixing those is slow.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Considering that ED gets a share of the sales and generally seldom misses any opportunity to tout the high realism of their Sim and the modules, I‘m disappointed.

Primarily with Razbam for the abysmal communication and interaction with their customers here, for a long time(long before Decoy left) and secondarily with ED for failing get Razbam to meet a certain minimum standard, both in regards to product as well as communication.

I hope at least the latter changes and that Razbam gets a stern talking to from ED..

Regards,

Snappy

is there anyone else who still has not realised that out of ea does not mean bug free?:yawn:

Is that a bug?

fODTwye.jpg

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Is that a bug?

fODTwye.jpg

Baltic Dragon was on the Razbam Discord and apologised as he has been asked to finish this and the detailed manual but has been delayed by Covid19. Not ideal but also seems like a genuine reason. Still, whoever calls it feature complete is wrong.

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

Out of early access does not mean no bugs, just so we are clear on that.

thanks

Considering that ED gets a share of the sales and generally seldom misses any opportunity to tout the high realism of their Sim and the modules, I‘m disappointed.

Primarily with Razbam for the abysmal communication and interaction with their customers here, for a long time(long before Decoy left) and secondarily with ED for failing get Razbam to meet a certain minimum standard, both in regards to product as well as communication.

I hope at least the latter changes and that Razbam gets a stern talking to from ED..

Regards,

Snappy

Well said

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

This does not only reflect poorly on Razbam, but on ED as well for allowing something so unfinished to be marketed as complete on their store.

ED could literally loose sales if customers decide to choose the Harrier as their first module, and see that this is what a finished product looks like in DCS.

I am lightly dissapointed by some of the Harrier exisiting bugs. On the other hand I can say it is in a state that allows fun in many missions, specially in MP where i mostly play in.

Regarding the out of EA, I agree that a bare minimum like a finished manual should be there. I do hope that the product sustainment state is as good in the harrier as it is in the mirage 2000. Lets not forget the whole picture and get things out of proportion. I will give them the benefit of the doubt for one more year, but indeed I will think twice before going into the F15E depending how things evolve.

• ED Team
Is it a way we can report them to any consumers protection organisation in any country? This clearly is a case of fraud

While I understand your frustration, I will ask you to calm a little bit, me and BIGNEWY are trying to get a feel of where we are at on everything, and working with RAZBAM to improve communications and get concerns addressed.

The module is considered feature complete and into a sustainment phase by RAZBAM, we are looking at users concerns and trying to communicate this back to their team. Give us some time to work on this, please.

Edited by BIGNEWY

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

While I understand your frustration, I will ask you to calm a little bit, me and BIGNEWY are trying to get a feel of where we are at on everything, and working with RAZBAM to improve communications and get concerns addressed.

The module is considered feature complete and into a sustainment phase by RAZBAM, we are looking at users concerns and trying to communicate this back to their team. Give us some time to work on this, please.

Well said. IMHO this thread could be closed with further notice u til you get things in understanding, and then open it again with information...

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Well said. IMHO this thread could be closed with further notice u til you get things in understanding, and then open it again with information...

By doing so you only continue status quo and silence and concerned thought and questions about the topic. The worse outcome for any objective forum

• ED Team

By doing so you only continue status quo and silence and concerned thought and questions about the topic. The worse outcome for any objective forum

while the discussion is within the rules it will remain open, it needs to be discussed.

But please remember the rules when posting.

We are talking with RAZBAM so please be patient.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Baltic Dragon was on the Razbam Discord and apologised as he has been asked to finish this and the detailed manual but has been delayed by Covid19. Not ideal but also seems like a genuine reason. Still, whoever calls it feature complete is wrong.

I fell sorry for Baltic Dragon as his works are always exceptional and now he is also dragged into this affair.

But that's the point. Why call something complete, when it clearly is not. The manual is just one among many things that need attention.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

• ED Team
I fell sorry for Baltic Dragon as his works are always exceptional and now he is also dragged into this affair.

But that's the point. Why call something complete, when it clearly is not. The manual is just one among many things that need attention.

It was a miss-communication it seems, and I am talking to both Ron and BD about it. Its something that BD couldn't work on at home, so it will be done. You will find no bigger fan of manuals than me, and the pages listed above are far from complete, but as I said, it does seem to be a missed item, and it will be addressed as fast as humanly possible.

I think it's great that BD is doing it, I can only imagine the quality will be top-notch.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I honestly didn't expect anything more from RAZBAM.

I am more concerned with what ED considers OK to be out of EA. This is good. I will not be so blindly tossing my money their way anymore since EA or Released product does not have any difinitive meaning in DCS.

With this new strategy, so many modules can now be pulled out of early access as long as the skeleton of the feature is impletmented to tick the store page checklist.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - UNTOUCHED - ABANDONED

Really embarrassing that a product is sold with bugs. We will see when the following buyers come and see that, for example, they cannot make the TDC work (with axis hardware) as they work in the rest of the modules.

The NSEQ moving all the waypoints when you change the enlarged view on the map, or the lighting at night of the taxi lights, which is not seen at 2 meters, ... to put 3 examples of the 200-odd lines collected in the community bug collection.

Not a surprise, no communication, no decent update from a long time ago, forum abandoned for months ...

This when they are going to fix it? 3 years?? this is indecent. Unfortunately the quality has been lowered so much and accepted by ED.

YouTube Channel

Update: MSI Z790 Tomahawk, i9 13900k, DDR5 64GB 640 MHz, MSI 4090 Gaming X Trio, 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe M.2 and 4 more, HOTAS TM Warthog, Meta Quest Pro