Jump to content

Enhanced Gamemaster Script: Zeus, but for DCS


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Hextopia said:

I'll admit I'm not a great coder, but I'm trying to work on extending your spawn function and waypoint order functions to account for tankers using the moose controllable wrapper that allows setting enroute task options on units.  (Which would allow tankers to be set to the enroute tanker task)

 

If I can get it working, I'll send you the code for inclusion if you'd like.

Please do 🙂

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Hydro87_ said:

For some reason even when i enable all the templates in the config some stuff wont spawn?

Hmm...I'm not a fan of guessing games, so please be more specific about your problem.
What are you trying to spawn? What command and parameters do you enter into the map marker? The log file would help and please post your edited Gamemaster_Templates.lua as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another extension idea I had that may work out well for the tanker issue would be a command set that invokes custom functions.

 

 

e.g.

 

-func-tankerSpawn-argument

 

func would be the command, tankerSpawn is the function, and argument is the arg passed to the function.

 

The functions would have to be loaded from a separate script of course.

 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you ready to take your chopper flying skills to the next level?

Then check out http://www.blacksharkden.com/ Or visit us on Discord https://discord.gg/kaayJ5z and talk to some of our awesome pilots today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey folks,

 

new Version 2.2 of Gamemaster_Functions is out now! Check my first post in the thread for the detailed changelog!

The new Version has been uploaded to the user files.

Thanks @fargo007for putting the idea for the new -func command to me. With this new function the possibilities of what can be achieved with my script have definitely been multiplied.

 

Cheers,
Cake

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Howdy,

 

I'm happy to announce the release of version 2.3 of Gamemaster_Functions, paired with new version 2.1 of Gamemaster_Templates.

 

The main update to Gamemaster_Functions is the implementation of commands that utilize the drawing functionalities added with DCS 2.5.6; those only recently got pointed out to me by @Statua, thanks for that, buddy!

 

Using the new commands, it is now possible to draw shapes of all kinds on the F10 map, using markers to define their corners. Color settings, transparency, and optional text labels can be specified in the command marker.

Other than that I revamped the loop that disects the string entered into the command marker. This will make it easier to implement functions with a huge amount of parameters in the future.

 

The update to Gamemaster_Templates only adds templates for the new units added with DCS 2.7.1, nothing more.

As usual, let me know if something does not work as it should!

Cheers,

Cake

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/16/2021 at 7:53 PM, buur said:

A question regarding the Moose version: Is this script also working with the latest development version? Do you have any experience?

I haven't tested it, but it should be working. I understand that the development version of MOOSE is incremental and not a complete rewrite, so it should contain all functions present in 2.7.4 as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi,

Really cool script, can't wait to try it out in our missions. I just have one question - how do you make the air units that are spawned have an "Open Fire" ROE by default? It seems that all aircraft we spawn will not attack anything unless they are ordered to via Combined Arms. I feel like we're missing something, but we have scoured the documentation and can't find any sign of an answer.

Right now if we spawn CAP aircraft of opposing factions and send them to each other via waypoints or orbits, they just ignore each other. Even spawning on top of each other they completely ignore both enemy AI and players.

The only time that enemy CAP planes do not ignore the player is when they are literally merged on top of each other, at which point the enemy attempts to fire at them in self defense. But that only works for players, and any BVR or pre-emptive engagement is non-existent.

 


Edited by tae.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/26/2021 at 4:37 PM, tae. said:

Hi,

Really cool script, can't wait to try it out in our missions. I just have one question - how do you make the air units that are spawned have an "Open Fire" ROE by default? It seems that all aircraft we spawn will not attack anything unless they are ordered to via Combined Arms. I feel like we're missing something, but we have scoured the documentation and can't find any sign of an answer.

Right now if we spawn CAP aircraft of opposing factions and send them to each other via waypoints or orbits, they just ignore each other. Even spawning on top of each other they completely ignore both enemy AI and players.

The only time that enemy CAP planes do not ignore the player is when they are literally merged on top of each other, at which point the enemy attempts to fire at them in self defense. But that only works for players, and any BVR or pre-emptive engagement is non-existent.

 

 

Hey,

 

thanks for pointing that out to me. The spawn command was one of the first commands I've added to my script. Seems like it needs to be touched up a little now, because back when I first implemented the command, the spawned planes actually did act aggressively on their own. I'm not quite sure yet on how I'm going to address the issue you've raised, but I'm leaning towards adding a config option that allows to set a default ROE for all spawned groups, in tandem with an additional parameter to the spawn command, that allows to specify the ROE for the group that is to be spawned.

ETA for the update will be mid-july at the earliest, though. In the meantime you will have to make do with setting the ROEs manually through CA.

Cheers,
Cake

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, CakeSorbus said:

Hey,

 

thanks for pointing that out to me. The spawn command was one of the first commands I've added to my script. Seems like it needs to be touched up a little now, because back when I first implemented the command, the spawned planes actually did act aggressively on their own. I'm not quite sure yet on how I'm going to address the issue you've raised, but I'm leaning towards adding a config option that allows to set a default ROE for all spawned groups, in tandem with an additional parameter to the spawn command, that allows to specify the ROE for the group that is to be spawned.

ETA for the update will be mid-july at the earliest, though. In the meantime you will have to make do with setting the ROEs manually through CA.

Cheers,
Cake


Sweet, thanks for the info!

It might be worth mentioning that the only other script that does something similar is the Zeus script in Through The Inferno, and I noticed there was a patch for that a few months back that addressed the exact same issue of aircraft not being aggressive enough (or more accurately, at all). Unfortunately I don't know what change was made that fixed it - and in fact it seemed to still be kinda broken for us when we tried it.

 

Loving your work on this even in the current state though, and the issue isn't that bad since we have someone playing dedicated game master. Cheers!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I was able to fix the hostility of spawned aircraft by inserting

 

         if AIPlane ~= nil then
            AIPlane:OptionROE(ENUMS.AlarmState.Auto)
         end

 

on line 2627.  This could work for anyone that wants a temporary fix until OP updates the script.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/17/2021 at 8:31 PM, normpad said:

I was able to fix the hostility of spawned aircraft by inserting

 

         if AIPlane ~= nil then
            AIPlane:OptionROE(ENUMS.AlarmState.Auto)
         end

 

on line 2627.  This could work for anyone that wants a temporary fix until OP updates the script.

 

 

I can confirm that this works well. Cheers!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/17/2021 at 9:31 PM, normpad said:

I was able to fix the hostility of spawned aircraft by inserting

 

         if AIPlane ~= nil then
            AIPlane:OptionROE(ENUMS.AlarmState.Auto)
         end

 

on line 2627.  This could work for anyone that wants a temporary fix until OP updates the script.

 

 

Nice Job! That should tide you guys over, until I'm finished with the new script version (hopefully by next sunday)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Howdy folks,

 

new Version 2.4 of Gamemaster_Functions is out now. Check out the initial post in this thread for details.

 

No love for the Gamemaster_Templates this time around. I am aware that new units have come out that need to be put in, but I wanted to focus on the functions side of things for this update.

 

And there are some neat additions to Gamemaster_Functions...I especially enjoy the new command that lets me throw radio beacons out into the world at will and at any frequency.

 

Also, the problem with overly friendly enemy planes should be fixed, now they should only be passive if you set their ROE that way.

 

So, enjoy guys, and let me know what you think!

Cheers

 

Cake


Edited by CakeSorbus
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...

I just found this script. I would like to formally offer my first born child! Awesome script, will be putting it to use soon!

  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

 

104th Phoenix Official Texture pack:

http://community.104thphoenix.com/topic/1221-104th-official-texture-pack/

Un-Official Roughmet Texture Pack:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3303667/

Livery Creation Discord Group Invite-

https://discord.gg/bqAq2zx

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/7/2021 at 5:33 AM, 104th_Fallen said:

I just found this script. I would like to formally offer my first born child! Awesome script, will be putting it to use soon!

Thanks for the offer, I might take you up on it, but only if he/she is well behaved! 😁

JK, enjoy the script and let me know if anything's not working as it should!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Hi, really noob here...I can't manage it to work.

I load the two script afte MOOSE, then launch the mission, take a slot as Gamemaster ( red coalition  for example) click on Marker Tab, then left click on map, type for example "-s-capbf109" then click on the red X on Marker Tab and...nothing happen....
Where I made (cause I'm sure I made...) the mistake?

Thx.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sounds correct to me. Are there any script errors in the log files after you tried to spawn the bf109?

Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming / i9 10900K @ 4,9 Ghz / Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64 GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200 Mhz / Asus ROG Strix RTX 3090 / 4 TB SSD Samsung 860 Evo / 512 GB SSD Samsung 850 Evo / 1 TB M.2 SSD Samsung 980 Pro

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...