303_Kermit

The One and only F-104G Starfighter  

189 members have voted

1. 1. The One and only F-104G Starfighter

• Yes! I'd like to buy F-104G
    • Yes! but I'd like to have other version on F-104
    • Well... I won't buy but I'd like to see it in the air as an opponent
    • No, it's bad idea

For those that mostly like flying computers here is an interesting perspective from one of Israel's top Aces, Giora Epstein comparing the differences between the older analog Mirage III and the modern fly by wire F-16 @42.09 min towards the end.

And he is right. If I compare the Cat to the F-18 - you have to feel the cat in order to fly it properly. Much more fun.

But I would choose the F-18 over the cat any time of the day for flying a mission. Why - for the computers. It makes things so much easyer having all infos where you need em.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

The Tornado is being developed by as many people as the Tornado Development Team contains. It progresses rapidly with the speed of the Tornado development progress. It will be released at the Tornado release date. 

Support your local Getränkemarkt. :grin:

Not only the G, but at least also the S.

In DCS we could have maybe the ASAM as "operative" solution (F-104 S-ASA-M). I did serve for an ASAM FG, so i would say yes. It would be however just a target in DCS, but it was operative also during Bosnia - Kosovo.....so....

A "newest" Starfighter just taking service as ASAM (1998-1999).

attachment.php?attachmentid=140861&d=1463667705

Very niche and interesting but at the end of the day i think there is so many other aircraft that would be better for DCS. We have a long enough wait as it is for the aircraft we already have in early access to be finished. It's a cool aircraft but it's a no for me.

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

• 2 weeks later...
It would just be another useless module.

Then just don't purchase it .. It may be useless to you, but surely other people may enjoy to fly something less computerized than the "latest and greatest" :)

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Honestly I will buy almost any early cold war era jets up to and through Vietnam. I truly wish we could do in depth simulations of combat operations from that time. Everything from Mustang's to F-4s shared the sky. I also honestly believe that it would give the online players that are tired of SPAMRAMs somewhere to go. Each airframe was unique, and truly had to be flown to its particular strengths to be successful. So yeah I'd buy this. It would go well against the Mig-19, and 21 we already have.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I would prefer earlier lightweight hot rod variant F-104A or F-104C, which saw actual real combat in Vietnam, about 8000 combat flights, and was amongst best fighters of it's era.

But overall - F-104 anyday.

Edited by bies
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I think F104G would be the best variant, since it really could do a lot. And it would be challenging to fly...real aircombat where you have to fly your plane to its strengths...

Of course I do like my F16 as well, but that is a totally different type of aircombat.

And I think with the addition of the Mig23 and Mig21/19/17 already there, the F104 is a must have, right next to the F4.

• 1 month later...

Folks was there not an F104 mod for DCS?

To all the haters. Just sod off lol... It was a beautiful plane designed by a true master. Pilots loved the aircraft (including German pilots!) but also respected it and realised it WOULD bite you if miss-treated.

Hope to see one fly one day but the only reason they are so hard to keep airborne these days is not down to the aircrafts complexity or reliability but the aging ejector seats losing their certificates 😞

• 3 months later...