Please remove the standalone Viggen Red Flag campaign from the module manager.

Hey,

so the standalone DLC Red Falg campaign is still part of DCS World and every time i start up DCS the module manager reminds me to install it. Since the campaign is now part of the Viggen module, this standalone version is superflous and can be removed.

Please be so kind and remind ED again to remove it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I seem to recall buying this campaign at one point and now its no longer even in the store.....whats the deal?

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

DLC campaign gone from the game....thanks for getting this done! 🙂

Yes, apparently ED/Heatblurr finally got this right! Yes, i bought it too, but this dlc campaign has become totally redundant last year (or even 2019) when Heatblur added this campaign to the actual Viggen module to fulfill their promise for a full featured campaign. I reckon they figured it was the most sensible scenario for the Viggen on the currently available DCS terrains, and it was probably cheaper to make a deal with Bunyap/ED than to develop something separate.

I have been asking for removing this redundant dlc for 1.5years and they finally did. Probably a good sign for them really trying to finish the Viggen overthe next couple of months. So you have not lost anything...except you now save 500mb on your harddrive for not having that campaign installed twice.

Edited by sc_neo
  • Like 1

Dear ED and Heatblur,

I want to ask You, it is a good idea to inform Your customer about removing Red Flag Camping from modules because this is a part of the Viggen module, saying that: "You are not authorized to use this product". I remind You that your customers, including me, paid for it.

Never less I think its a good thing that Red Flag is a part of Viggen now but in my opinion the way of how You inform us is awful.

It was just simply to write "Thank You for Your support. Vigen Red Flag Campaign is now part of the Viggen module. Please remove it from your module manager."

Shame of You.

and what do I do now if I see this? I bought the campaign, but I don't remember there is a serial number. How I can remove this window appear from each time DCS starts?

73ccb4ed7e6c3115e905583b8ca9cb41.png
https://gyazo.com/73ccb4ed7e6c3115e905583b8ca9cb41

edit: I just removed from the installed mods and now is fine. I did it time ago, but I have lost all the progress. In any case at least I played before the union of it to the Viggen.... but I could be saved some money.

Edited by Japo32

I'm definitely not happy with this way to proceed from ED. This evening I got that message when started the sim. Nobody will have a serial number for this campaign, so the message should be modified if possible. 

Edited by splash

I paid for the campaign and havent even played it yet. So now that its free, nothing? No miles either?

• Like 2

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

6 hours ago, ICHamilton said:

I can see two instances of this campaign under the AJS37 Campaign page but how do I know which one to remove?

Under module manager I only see one under installed campaigns, is that the one to remove?

yes

My wallpaper and skins

On 9/15/2021 at 8:56 AM, splash said:

My problem is that I started the payware campaign and stopped in mission 7 or 8, now I would have to restart the whole campaign from mission 1.

I don't know if there are any differences between them.

If you're running the latest Open Beta you can now skip missions in the campaign in the UI.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2021 at 1:09 AM, Hammer1-1 said:

I paid for the campaign and havent even played it yet. So now that its free, nothing? No miles either?

I bought the Viggen back in 2019, along with this campaign. Only flew the jet maybe two or three times since then, and haven't even touched the campaign. I only realized it became free because of this registration popup.

First the Operation Piercing Fury, and now this. Can't say I'm encouraged to buy any more campaigns. Unless they start putting "best before" dates on them.

Screenshot - Tue 21 Sep , 06_35_18.png

Dima | My DCS uploads