Spawning on cats - can't remove chocks

StandingCow

• 1 month later...

Myself and several of my squadmates have experienced this in MP missions as well. Fairly annoying as the only way out of this is to try to choose a different slot. It is also curious that this regularly occurs when there are quite a few open slots on the carrier deck for a "ramp start" plane to spawn onto.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

do you happen to have a track replay? I have tried to reproduce but not seen it happen

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 3 months later...
  • ED Team

no way to shorten track sorry. You can use a cloud service like google drive to link a track. But the shorter the better for debug purposes, and please not unofficial mods as we can not use them on dev builds. 

thank you

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Confirming we've had this occur numerous (with numerous players)on MP as well with the FA18. (Not sure if it affects the F14). The workaround is to choose a different slot (or go to spectators) and then choose the slot again because there's no way to remove the chocks and if you take off with them - things don't bode well...

@Milky991 - if you're able to update a track that would be great - I have my track recording turned off, but my track files would be just as large I would imagine (if not larger - I spend more time than my wife realises in DCS multiplayer when I'm on) 😉

The trackfile is too large to upload, however:

I spawned on carrier in parking spot cold as per mission norm.

This first "life" went normally. Upon death and respawn I was spawned into the front left catapult.

Launch bar was connected, but plane was cold. wheel chocks were in place. With engines on or off, I received message "unable to comply" when asking ground crew to remove chocks.

catapult crew also did not acknowledge my presence, and one yellow shirt was standing idly on the catapult rail.

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

@BIGNEWY can you please close my thread or even merge? This is the exact issue I was referencing in mine and no need for a duplicate if it’s already been mentioned. 

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

• ED Team

merged

if anyone gets a track replay please add it here, the team are watching out for it also 

thank you

4 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

merged

if anyone gets a track replay please add it here, the team are watching out for it also 

thank you

File too large to upload. I put it in a google drive. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WPjMJTVjmuwdnOSHXRRvXg7KIzIhHsdA/view?usp=sharing

Also, this happened at the very end of the session. I apologize. but I'm unable to play for another day or so to provide a shorter, more direct track.

Edited by AegisFX

Art Of The Kill:

Big Newy, I am curious. How would a track file possibly help the team with this issue? It is a situation that seems to only occur randomly and cannot be reproduced at will. Having a track file of it when it happens doesn't seem to be much more useful than a simple screen shot unless there is something more to a track file than I am aware of. I would think that it would be relatively simple for ED to just make it so that an a/c assigned to a "Ramp Start" cannot possibly spawn on any one of the 4 catapults, just as an a/c assigned to a "Runway Start" would never spawn on the ramp. What am I missing? Please do not take this post as anything but a real interest in learning something new about this awesome module.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@BIGNEWY

This should be a more reasonable track file. 162nd vipers server on stable. loaded in, autostart, ran off the edge. 1st respawn was on cat with chocks. went ahead n left to put it up.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JptMeit4Mb8e5p8YA8qLQd7K-hNgPpIu/view?usp=sharing

Art Of The Kill:

• 4 weeks later...

Any update on this issue? It always happens when you respawn on a carrier in an F18 and you do not change your spawn slot. It does not occur when you first start your mission, only when you have restarted after being shot down or crashing. And it only seems happens in multiplayer missions. 

• Like 2

Steps to reproduce:

1. Spawn in cold start Hornet on the Supercarrier in multiplayer server. 

2. Take off, then die somehow.

3. Respawn without going to spectators in between.

Hornet will spawn on the catapult, attached, with wheel chocks applied and non-removable.

(This bug is especially annoying on the server I play, since it has persistent and limited fuel and weapons. If you spawn, you have to de-fuel and de-arm before going to spectators, otherwise the fuel and ammo will be lost, and you will become impopular amongst your fellow pilots for wasting resources. De-fueling a fully fueled Hornet takes quite a while.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2021 at 5:55 PM, Sharkku said:

Steps to reproduce:

1. Spawn in cold start Hornet on the Supercarrier in multiplayer server. 

2. Take off, then die somehow.

3. Respawn without going to spectators in between.

Hornet will spawn on the catapult, attached, with wheel chocks applied and non-removable.

(This bug is especially annoying on the server I play, since it has persistent and limited fuel and weapons. If you spawn, you have to de-fuel and de-arm before going to spectators, otherwise the fuel and ammo will be lost, and you will become impopular amongst your fellow pilots for wasting resources. De-fueling a fully fueled Hornet takes quite a while.)

This, 100%.

Able to replicate, every single time.  Hope this can get sorted out.  Thanks for highlighting @Sharkku

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• ED Team

I will check today, thank you

edit: reproduced and reported

thank you

• Like 1

• BIGNEWY locked this topic
  • 6 months later...

Sometimes you get placed in a cold jet on the catapult, hooked in and with the wheel chocks on. Sometimes even on catapult 3 or 4, blocking the landing strip until you started up. In the F18 I was placed on the catapult on multiple occasions (multiplayer) and the wheel chocks are on. Asking the ground crew to remove them results in an "unable". Saluting results in the deck crew signalling ready but then nothing happens, even at full throttle. You can not unhook yourself from the catapult in anyway. So now you're stuck on the catapult forever until you get a new jet.

You should not be placed cold on the catapult. If you're placed on the catapult (hot only please) it should not be with chocks on. There should be an option to abort the launch at any stage and have the crew unhook you.

Edited by FalcoGer

• FalcoGer changed the title to Getting placed cold on catapult and can not launch because wheel chocks are not removable
  • 2 weeks later...