Decoupling Rearming/Refueling from FARP Pads/Airfields

Xoho

What it is: Similar to the Viggen, I would like to see the ability to rearm/refuel decoupled from FARP pads and airfields, at least in part (perhaps make supply vehicles that can resupply aircraft separate from regular units in the unit list, or add an ME checkbox enabling/disabling this ability). This would function by allowing aircraft to rearm and refuel as long as they are within a certain radius of the supply vehicles. That radius could be matched to the current ground resupply radius, which is shown on the map.

Why this matters: This would allow for significantly more flexible mission design. In conjunction with adding "spawn on ground" and "spawn on ground hot" options to study level modules by default (currently only possible via lua edit that must be redone every update), this would create the opportunity to have players start at mobile or more realistic FARPs. See the attached screenshots for examples of what could be possible:

Screen_200904_141434.png

Screen_200904_141456.png

Screen_200904_143942.png

Screen_200904_144105.png

Screen_200904_144217.png

Screen_200904_145246.png

Screen_200904_145336.png

Screen_200904_145344.png

These FARPs could all be operational in game if refueling/rearming were linked to supply units rather than requiring a FARP pad or airfield (similar to how the Viggen's kneeboard function works), opening up opportunities for campaigns such as the Arab-Israeli War of 1948, modern operations in the Middle East with the Kiowa, Harrier, and A-10C (among other aircraft), and much, much more.

• ED Team

Hi

We are planning use of FARPS for human aircraft within 100 meters, without the need to be on top of the FARP.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Just to add on to/clarify how BigNewy's statement on the FARP pad above applies to this post, it sounds as though it'll be a workaround that still requires the FARP pad, but allows you to place it next to a road in order to land aircraft to rearm there without needing to taxi onto the pad itself.

https://discordapp.com/channels/542985647502393346/557639068654239764/751566313511452813

While this is a fantastic change, it still won't allow for the types of FARPs shown in the screenshots above, and will still be fairly limiting/intrusive due to how FARP pads interact with terrain.

Edited by Xoho

I agree with Xoho, in large part because having rearm and refuel tied to a FARP object is not all that intuitive. The FARP just provides a flat surface for landing where one might not otherwise exist.

Rearming and Refueling makes more sense, in my opinion at least, to be tied entirely to ammo and fuel trucks which could be deployed basically anywhere.

Now... if you insist on tying refueling to the FARP object itself, could we get one of these and have it count as a FARP?

BnI9q8l.jpg

I think this would be a great idea. An intermediate solution could be for ED make another heliport object that is either sunk into the ground such that it isn't visible or make it invisible and non-

collidable. Sprinkle a few of those around your base and there you ago.

Wouldn't it make more sense to (away from actual airports)

- tie a simple ATC AI to an ATC unit provided it's within 250 m of a FARP / uncontrolled airbase.

- let a fuel truck refuel you anywhere (& that be replenished if connected to a warehouse)

let a truck allow re-arming within 250 m of the aircraft(, and replenish if 1000 m of an ammo dump)

- Have a kind of temporary building that's a repair shop & allow repair if you're within range of that.

Cheers.

I think this would be a great idea. An intermediate solution could be for ED make another heliport object that is either sunk into the ground such that it isn't visible or make it invisible and non-

collidable. Sprinkle a few of those around your base and there you ago.

Nah........Tying refueling to a tanker truck and rearming to a supply vehicle

makes much more sense. Even to the FARP ammo supply and fuel statics that we already have.

Edited by rayrayblues

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

• ED Team

Using the single FARP pad is a good work around, its possible to hide in trees or amongst buildings.

Screen_200723_172218.thumb.jpg.49517c23bd7bb81ee3a59aa76582a13a.jpg

Edited by BIGNEWY

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Using the single FARP pad is a good work around, its possible to hide in trees or amongst buildings.

Or even better, give us the option to visually hide the FARP landing pad (at least until they have proper (desert) textures

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Bit difficult to hide the default pads when they sit raised above terrain and not flat, plus even the single FARP pad is pretty huge.

I gave up on the default FARPs to be honest and I'm using Suntsag's AM2 mats which are brilliant.

They are small and unobtrusive, they sit flat on the ground and you don't have to be in contact with them to get fuelled etc and they can be hidden if desired. Also don't need anything else to enable full FARP service, just a single mat.

ED should follow Suntsag's lead on those.

Bit difficult to hide the default pads when they sit raised above terrain and not flat, plus even the single FARP pad is pretty huge.

I gave up on the default FARPs to be honest and I'm using Suntsag's AM2 mats which are brilliant.

They are small and unobtrusive, they sit flat on the ground and you don't have to be in contact with them to get fuelled etc and they can be hidden if desired. Also don't need anything else to enable full FARP service, just a single mat.

ED should follow Suntsag's lead on those.

1000%

Wouldn't it make more sense to (away from actual airports)

- tie a simple ATC AI to an ATC unit provided it's within 250 m of a FARP / uncontrolled airbase.

- let a fuel truck refuel you anywhere (& that be replenished if connected to a warehouse)

let a truck allow re-arming within 250 m of the aircraft(, and replenish if 1000 m of an ammo dump)

- Have a kind of temporary building that's a repair shop & allow repair if you're within range of that.

Agreed, this sounds like the best solution - have vehicles and objects that can refuel, rearm, act as a basic ATC and repair, without necessarily being tied to a helipad.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• ED Team

I have asked the team about the use of a vehicle as a master object, I am not sure this is possible and can not promise anything at this stage.

thanks

What it is: Similar to the Viggen, I would like to see the ability to rearm/refuel decoupled from FARP pads and airfields, at least in part (perhaps make supply vehicles that can resupply aircraft separate from regular units in the unit list, or add an ME checkbox enabling/disabling this ability). This would function by allowing aircraft to rearm and refuel as long as they are within a certain radius of the supply vehicles. That radius could be matched to the current ground resupply radius, which is shown on the map.

You have my full support.

+1

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

I have asked the team about the use of a vehicle as a master object, I am not sure this is possible and can not promise anything at this stage.

thanks

If the farp works within 100m, and there's already a ATC vehicle (it just doesn't work), can you not just swap the 3d model(s - colision etc :-) from the single farp for that from the mobile ATC & leave it as a static class object not a vehicle (OK, it can't drive, but so what ?)

Cheers.

thanks

Awesome! :thumbup:

But damn, if it isn't possible...

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Thnak you fro reading and passing the message up Bignew! The hability to place FARP liek objects would greatly imporve mission building variety and originality.

Please, please make it so you can Spawn a Fixed wing jey also anyhwere.. So many airbases lack enough slots.. and so much more can be done if planes could just spawn anywhere.. at least client planes...

Thnak you fro reading and passing the message up Bignew! The hability to place FARP liek objects would greatly imporve mission building variety and originality.

Please, please make it so you can Spawn a Fixed wing jey also anyhwere.. So many airbases lack enough slots.. and so much more can be done if planes could just spawn anywhere.. at least client planes...

This can actually be done with a relatively simple lua edit that doesn't break the integrity check and can be used by anyone (just gives the mission creator the option to spawn aircraft there). I don't have it on me, but it should be one of the first few results when you google "DCS spawn on ground mod". Unfortunately, it will be undone every single update, and does not work with survey sim (FC3 level) aircraft, which just explode. All study sim (full fidelity) modules work almost flawlessly with it however. I do hope that's something they add in the future.

This can actually be done with a relatively simple lua edit that doesn't break the integrity check and can be used by anyone (just gives the mission creator the option to spawn aircraft there). I don't have it on me, but it should be one of the first few results when you google "DCS spawn on ground mod". Unfortunately, it will be undone every single update, and does not work with survey sim (FC3 level) aircraft, which just explode. All study sim (full fidelity) modules work almost flawlessly with it however. I do hope that's something they add in the future.

Yes Xoho, I know but you need to re do it every Update, and I have some very square headed squad mates that cant edit a LUA if their life depended on it LOL...

Or does it work on non moded LUA instalations anyway once you save the mission?