Gripen fires Meteor

tflash

Wow, that missile seems very promising. Ram jet engine in a A2A missile wow!

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

"Already proven in earlier test firings, the unique solid fuel throttle able ducted rocket gives Meteor the ability to maintain high speed all the way to the target aircraft, making evasion virtually pointless."

I wouldn't call it pointless if it was fired at me!! Maybe impossible...

TorwaK It seems ram jet engine makes fog there.

I thought the ram jets don't kick on until later in the missile flight. I thought it was first normal missile propulsion and then switch to ram jets, it's that correct?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I thought the ram jets don't kick on until later in the missile flight. I thought it was first normal missile propulsion and then switch to ram jets, it's that correct?

That's right. In the case of the meteor there is an integrated booster.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC]http://www.forum.lockon.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5279_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I could shot down a Kitchen :smartass:

"Already proven in earlier test firings, the unique solid fuel throttle able ducted rocket gives Meteor the ability to maintain high speed all the way to the target aircraft, making evasion virtually pointless."

I wouldn't call it pointless if it was fired at me!! Maybe impossible...

I'm not to well versed in what's on the drawing board, but the idea of having a constant-powered missile always seemed like a no-brainer from the time I first learned missiles rely on inertia for much of their flight. Is it only just now possible to have meaningful propulsion small enough to fit on a missile like this?

I searched but no detailed information there. Who knows maybe I'm wrong.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS

I searched but no detailed information there. Who knows maybe I'm wrong.

its right there in the article

The missile was rail-launched from the Gripen flying at 0.9 Mach and at an altitude of 18,000ft (5500m). Following the boost phase, the missile successfully transitioned to its ramjet operation and accelerated to its operational speed.
  • Like 1

The community newbie

http://winsbydefault.com/pics/dctf1ibxh7.gif

Replace this image! It's too big! © Administration

(max size: 150pix height, 50kb)

its right there in the article

I think I missed it somehow, thanks for heads up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS