Is using a networked PC or Laptop to export MFD’s doable?

Has anyone any experience using a networked PC or laptop to export their MFD’s?

I’m trying to find something that’ll allow me to run DCS in full windows mode whilst extracting the MFD’s over a network onto a laptop that my Thrustmaster Cougars are attached to – I got it working using a single PC so understand the whole .LUA file setup bit but found that the performance hit encountered due to having to run DCS in a windowed (albeit a borderless one) mode was to high.

I tried to using this bit of software (http://pw-developer.com/soft_dcs_mfd.html) that does exactly what I’m trying to do but for whatever reason (despite assistance from a extremely helpful guy who wrote it) I couldn’t get it to Inject into DCS, since then I gave Helios a try but couldn’t work out how or even if it has networked functionality – perhaps someone else has experience of doing this and can run a basic tutorial by me?

System Specs: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz @ 4.8GHz, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3600 RAM, GeForce GTX 4090, Crucial SSD (750 GB), TrackIR 5, TMWH, TM T-Flight Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49” Odyssey G9

I have exactly this issue as well and would be very interested in what other people have for solutions?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Modules: Persian Gulf | Nevada | The Channel | Syria | Supercarrier | FC3 | A10-C | A-4E-C | AV-8B | F-14B | F-16C | F-5E | F-86F | Spitfire

System: Intel i5-8600K | 32GB DDR4 3200 |RTX 2080Ti | 38" LG Ultrawide G-Sync

I have exactly this issue as well and would be very interested in what other people have for solutions?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Hey Copstix have you tried using the DCS World MFD Exporter as well?

System Specs: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz @ 4.8GHz, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3600 RAM, GeForce GTX 4090, Crucial SSD (750 GB), TrackIR 5, TMWH, TM T-Flight Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49” Odyssey G9

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody has had any experience whatsoever?

Has anyone any experience using a networked PC or laptop to export their MFD’s?

I’m trying to find something that’ll allow me to run DCS in full windows mode whilst extracting the MFD’s over a network onto a laptop that my Thrustmaster Cougars are attached to – I got it working using a single PC so understand the whole .LUA file setup bit but found that the performance hit encountered due to having to run DCS in a windowed (albeit a borderless one) mode was to high.

I tried to using this bit of software (http://pw-developer.com/soft_dcs_mfd.html) that does exactly what I’m trying to do but for whatever reason (despite assistance from a extremely helpful guy who wrote it) I couldn’t get it to Inject into DCS, since then I gave Helios a try but couldn’t work out how or even if it has networked functionality – perhaps someone else has experience of doing this and can run a basic tutorial by me?

Interesting. I hadn't seen the exporter before. I'll give it a shot and report back.

• Like 1

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Interesting. I hadn't seen the exporter before. I'll give it a shot and report back.

Much appreciated Hasangb, you looking to try the same thing?

Much appreciated Hasangb, you looking to try the same thing?

I'm an odd exception. I won't fly monitor based DCS anymore because of VR. Honestly, I'd just rather not do it if VR wasn't an option.

However, I just love my physical switches and MFCDs. I can look through the camera in some cases or just peek to see the MFDs. The problem is that Lilliput USB monitors use DisplayLink drivers. And VR and DisplayLink never worked.

I'll see if DCS gets confused when trying to export MFDs and using VR (most likely). But at the very least, I can test it on a 2D monitor.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

• 9 months later...

Greetings, I found a work around solution, and it's working for me. I'm connecting my laptop "since it has a touch screen " to use it with Helios on my PC thorough  ( Projection to this PC ) it's located on  Windwos setings > System > Projection to this PC.  The YT video to show you how to enable this feature.

Note:

1- From laptop I have to go( Projection to this PC ) and hit  "Launch the Connect app to Project to this PC" as shown on the screenshot.

Screenshot_1.png

2- From PC hit Windows key + P / then choose connect to a wireless display.

3- It might ask you to enable touchscreen and mouch touch pad ..etc make sure check it in case if you missed it do step (2) and it will give you the option.

This is the only method I could find to work over network is not the pretties. If you guys have another method please share it.