DCS Installation Question

kmw072671

Hi,

I have DCS installed on my M2 C drive that is now getting full, I assume if I add more modules/campaigns/planes to DCS will they automatically install under the C drive?

I just installed new M2 drive in E:, should I uninstall everything and reinstall on the E where I now have 1 TB free?

Thanks!

Now I'm confused.

Yes, I have a short cut but changing the path directory to E will not find the installed files on C

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta"

I want all new modules installed on E - not sure what changing the shortcut file to E will do for me other not finding the program?

In post #2 I suggested to move the whole DCS World OpenBeta directory from C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics to E:

Then to run the game you need to correct the shorcut path accordingly.

There's no option to install just new modules on E drive and have all the rest kept on C. You can only do it manually by moving the files to E after installation on C and then make symbolic links. Want to play that way?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

In post #2 I suggested to move the whole DCS World OpenBeta directory from C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics to E:

Then to run the game you need to correct the shorcut path accordingly.

There's no option to install just new modules on E drive and have all the rest kept on C. You can only do it manually by moving the files to E after installation on C and then make symbolic links. Want to play that way?

Ok, so not to be a pain but still not sure how to MOVE an installed file from C drive to E drive, I assume by MOVE you mean uninstall DCS world on C and reinstall on E? Unless I can simply cut/paste the directory to E drive and it will work fine? I'm under the impression the software is now in the registry under C drive.

Am I missing something here?

Edited by kmw072671

Ok, so not to be a pain but still not sure how to MOVE an installed file from C drive to E drive, I assume by MOVE you mean uninstall DCS world on C and reinstall on E? Unless I can simply cut/paste the directory to E drive and it will work fine? I'm under the impression the software is now in the registry under C drive.

Yes, I meant moving files like cut/paste. DCS doesn't go deep into registry and system to need installation into other place.

If you want parts of DCS on C and another part on E, it's complicated a bit, but doable by manually moving files around and making symbolic links. In fact you can do that with every application.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria