DCS: Syria Map - Helipad Locations

Bailey

I have posted a slide for each region in the Airfield Diagrams thread 

Slide45.PNG

Edited by shu77

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

On 4/8/2021 at 5:53 PM, drack said:

Found two heli pads not in the .miz file.....

200'  0.6nm from Adana main hospital:)

Screen_210408_092741.png

For the person(people) maintaining a .miz, those two are listed as Adana Lark North and South in the google doc.

Not to hijack your thread @Bailey but just a note to say the Syrian Rotary supplement is active here https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315926/ 

I'll continue to add to them as more helipads are found

Edited by shu77
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

cw1.png

8 hours ago, Bailey said:

For the person(people) maintaining a .miz, those two are listed as Adana Lark North and South in the google doc.

I'll add them soon.

Thought I'd wait for the next Syria update. I expect there will be a lot of new helipads to add once Cyprus is released :thumbup:

1 hour ago, shu77 said:

Not to hijack your thread @Bailey but just a note to say the Syrian Rotary supplement is active here https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315926/ 

I'll continue to add to them as more helipads are found

Looking good Shu

• Thanks 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

46 minutes ago, sirrah said:

I'll add them soon.

Thought I'd wait for the next Syria update. I expect there will be a lot of new helipads to add once Cyprus is released :thumbup:

Looking good Shu

I decided to replace your Netafilm images with one of each area, but thanks for your work, I would not have been able to get through each of those myself.  

cw1.png

Lebanon Ministry of Defense in Yarze has large helipad areas. I've seen 2 helos on the pads at once many times. Large ones as well. See yellow area on the map.

Unfortunately the DCS Syria map does NOT have the big ministry of defense compound modeled, nor the helipads.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ministry+of+Defense/@33.8408869,35.5559458,503m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x151f17f0ee3454d1:0xa95f7345dcb39fed!8m2!3d33.842123!4d35.5529725

Screenshot 2021-04-11 192550.png

Edited by rikkles
  • Like 1

Several new fields

Screen_210417_073032.png

Screen_210417_073512.png

Screen_210417_073623.png

Screen_210417_073750.png

Screen_210417_073855.png

Screen_210417_074001.png

Screen_210417_074142.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

cw1.png

Loads more along the border, have started a mission file to differentiate from the othersnew Heliports.miz

• Thanks 1

cw1.png

These fields are now into the Airfield Diagrams and Rotary Charts. 

8021.PNG

8019.PNG

8020.PNG

• Thanks 2

cw1.png

image.png

Heres another I missed earler...

• Thanks 1

cw1.png

I missed one from the last release, theres actually atleast 13 new Helicopter landing areas, I have captured the missing one for the next release, and added it to the spreadsheet but it seems we have a large number of new landing pads

• Thanks 1

cw1.png

13 hours ago, shu77 said:

Loads more along the border, have started a mission file to differentiate from the othersnew Heliports.miz

Just a heads up, it looks like the A-6 is required for that miz.

Edited by Bailey

Good news: shu77 found like 13 new helipads, which are now on the Google Doc in the first post.

Bad news: It seems that helipad spawns are messed up with DCS 2.7. Feel free to chime in on the forum post if you experience the same thing. 

Edited by Bailey

14 hours ago, shu77 said:

Hi Shu, as @Bailey also mentioned, the A6 is required so I can't open your mission.

Anyways, does this mean my .miz file with all the (pre 2.7) helipads in it, is now obsolete? (in which case I'll just delete it from the user files section). Or is it still useful if I update my .miz somewhere this week?

Also, quick question about the helipad locations kneeboard.

I created a "UH-1H" folder in my kneeboard folder and placed all your .png's in there, but that doesn't seem to work (also added your Syria charts to some of my other modules kneeboards, and those do work). Could you tell me what I'm doing wrong for the Huey?

2021_04_17_15_16_25_Kneeboard.jpg

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Sorry the sim has an issue some times with .PNG files as opposed to .png files. I normally fix that but looks like I missed it on the last versions have reloaded with the correct extensions now so should work unless Syrias kneeboard folder is still broken, I havent checked that yet.

and yes that mission would have the AH-6 in it, which I use for testing.  Its a 30MB download from the mods section if you want to get the waypoints from the file easier. 

cw1.png

8 hours ago, shu77 said:

Sorry the sim has an issue some times with .PNG files as opposed to .png files. I normally fix that but looks like I missed it on the last versions have reloaded with the correct extensions now so should work unless Syrias kneeboard folder is still broken, I havent checked that yet.

and yes that mission would have the AH-6 in it, which I use for testing.  Its a 30MB download from the mods section if you want to get the waypoints from the file easier. 

Thanks Shu, will try again once I get the chance.

Oh and fwiw, I'll revise my "Syria helipad locations.miz" this week for those who, like me, prefer not to use mods.

System specs:

2 hours ago, sirrah said:

Oh and fwiw, I'll revise my "Syria helipad locations.miz" this week for those who, like me, prefer not to use mods.

Yeah, by all means move them across. I mainly pulled them out to assist Bailey in getting them into the spreadsheet. I've been waiting for Kiowa to get into a proper Helo so I just use the littlebird as a simple item to get into spawn points and occasionally I do fire it up and go for a fly. 

cw1.png

7 hours ago, sirrah said:

I just found about 14 more helipads. Google Doc has been updated. Looking forward to the miz in the future to get the altitudes of the other heliports, which is a new column on the doc. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I just found about 14 more helipads. Google Doc has been updated. Looking forward to the miz in the future to get the altitudes of the other heliports, which is a new column on the doc. 

Great :thumbup:

I'll probably have time tomorrow to update the .miz file

System specs:

6 minutes ago, sirrah said:

Great :thumbup:

I'll probably have time tomorrow to update the .miz file

Sweet. Here is were the Turkey Outposts are to give you a visual. Names are not final.
 unknown.png

• Like 1

I noticed ALT was absent as I was mapping the other day. Should this be the alt of the landing pad rather than the ground? 

cw1.png

38 minutes ago, shu77 said:

I noticed ALT was absent as I was mapping the other day. Should this be the alt of the landing pad rather than the ground? 

Sounds reasonable, yes.