Which Virpil stick for F18-C ?

RedbArOn6

5 hours ago, imacken said:

Sure, but I’m talking about the movement point, not changing angle. The TM base is even more vulnerable to the movement damage issue as it can move with both ends fixed. If there is a case for removing screws, it would be on it!

However, I have never had the slightest issue with either base types and TM sticks. As long as the stick is tightened sufficiently, there is no issue, IMO. 

Gonna say you're wrong on that.  I just looked at my WH A-10 grip that's currently in my WH base.  The area where the 2 screws on the grip are screwed into fits into a slot on the base and it can't be twisted left or right even without the locking nut engaged.  With my F18 grip in my Virpil base (screws removed) I can easily turn it to an offset angle if the locking nut is at all loose (if I have the two screws removed).  If you try and turn it (accidentally or not) without removing the screws either the grip connection or the base connection are going to have forces put on them that they likely won't appreciate.  If you remove the two screws then you don't put any stress on the connection when the locking nut gets a little bit loose (not enough that you'd really notice it, but enough to allow it to try and twist).  If you don't then you're inevitably going to put some stress on the connectors themselves.  Not a guaranteed way to kill something by any stretch, but why risk it when it's so easy to remove the screws.  As I understand (IIRC, I don't have a Virpil grip myself), the Virpil GRIPS don't have the grip connector fastened down, so it can move as needed if you get any movement.

As I said above, I didn’t want to resurrect this age old discussion as it is never resolved. I would disagree with you. It is possible to move the WH stick in the WH base as many people have moaned about, and that is where problems could arise. It’s the same risk if you don’t take out the screws. IMO, that risk is close to nil if the nut is properly tightened. 
Putting the stick at an offset angle certainly requires removal of the screws however. 
I’ll leave you guys to it now though. 

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• 2 months later...
On 9/1/2020 at 3:45 PM, Mr_sukebe said:

I use a TM F18 grip on a Virpil T50 base with a Virpil 20cm extension, lovely combo.

I just got the same set up.  problem is my computer does not register any button inputs.  only the axis are showing up in the VPC joystick tester.  Did you have this issue?

Yep, normal practice.  Follow the online guides on setup using the Virpil configuration software tool.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

On 9/7/2020 at 4:47 AM, Gruman said:

Virpil grips have an analog break lever. This lever provides an additional axis, which is supported by the VIRPIL bases. But since the TM Grips dont have any analog levers, this axis wont be assignable/useable.

Absolutly love my Virpil TM50 base with my Warthog/Hornet Grip. Just ordered a 20cm curved extension from Virpil to replace my straight extension.

I have a warthog and hornet stick on the warthog base now. If I upgrade to a mongooscm2 base then I can't use the paddle on my sticks anymore? :9

Sure you can. If you using a Thrustmaster Grip, it will work as a button. If you got a Virpil Grip, its an analog axis.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard