programming wing fold / unfold to a controller

Hi, how easy is it to program a macro that would unlock, fold and re lock the wings ?

I have limited skills in this department, but would really like to be able to get this programmed to one button.....

Thanks

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Well, I have a choice...see my signature......I have several spare switches or rotaries on either my win wing flight panel or tek creations panel.....or even on the TM MFD’s.....

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

well first thing you would need is some software that lets you program a macro

a macro in this case is a series key presses you command with only one key press

from you list of stuff you have some options

the TM target could be the easiest one to set up but only on the MFD cougar

there are some other software that can be used with a normal keyboard but i never worked with any of them

you other panels not impossible but you would need to hack the code for there micro controls and drop in a line of code and reprogram the board in them IMHO if you are going to learn how to do this you might as well build you own button boxes

i run all my macro throught a stream deck and i can show you how to do it on one of those https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/stream-deck

next you are going to need to bind some keys to the missing slots for wing folding in DCS

Screen_200902_080841.thumb.png.0cad8f4020b70e457c980aca1f5e6cce.png

any key or key combo will do as long as it dose not over lap with any thing else

lastly you need to program the macro in the software you chose

in the order they need to be pressed

sorry if this is too general to help you i dont use any thing you have

Thanks for the advice.... I see the basic controls are there in DCS, left, right and in and out. I will try maybe using the sym and contrast rockers on one of the MFD’s for push and left, one for pull and right.....

Thanks again

What commands would you use if you were using VoiceAttack? I think you need to set three: fold, spread, and lock. Is that right?

Thanks,

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

What commands would you use if you were using VoiceAttack? I think you need to set three: fold, spread, and lock. Is that right?

Thanks,

TWC_SLAG, I use a VoiceAttack command to setup my aircraft for launch (Launch Ready) and another to fold the wing after landing on the carrier (Red Deck).

VA commands for both are attached.

PM me if you need any help with VA.

Chopper

34118573_LaunchReady.jpg.bd061e7c4583529a63d09a97c32ce542.jpg

623993491_RedDeck.jpg.9dc8ddab7ee2c64c55fc55fcd2e35b1d.jpg

i7-7700K 4.20Ghz | GeForce GTX 1080Ti DUKE | ASUS Maximus IX Hero Z270 | Samsung 960 | Corsair CPU Cooler | G.SKILL 32GB | Oculus VR Rift | Saitek PRO Pedals & TM HOTAS Warthog Throttle & Joystick |

I just use the mouse to work the cockpit lever so I am not sure what buttons would be needed. But I know it takes one roll to pull the lever out and 2 clicks to rotate it. Could each of those be assigned to keyboard buttons? Set them so you sequentially hit three buttons that are located right next to each other to do the three actions.

TWC_SLAG, I use a VoiceAttack command to setup my aircraft for launch (Launch Ready) and another to fold the wing after landing on the carrier (Red Deck).

VA commands for both are attached.

PM me if you need any help with VA.

Chopper

Never thought of that, of course, I use Viacom, so can use VA....your examples are great, can you list exactly what they do?

There seems to be a lot of key presses just to fold the wings?

What does the launch ready one do?

This has made me realise the fact I am under using VA......been basically just using it for stuff you would speak in reality, such as tanker commands and radio messages...

Thanks!

Edited by markturner1960