Jamming pod

Blinky.ben

When do people use type 1 vs Type 2 on the jamming pod? I know when in type 1 it only starts jamming when something has you locked and in type 2 it just jams everything. Do people find 1 vs 2 is better for different situations? Like air to air combat I thought type 1 would be good so the enemy see you but when they go to lock it fails but then I reappear when they unlock me as if it was a mind game. But I figured with everyone shooting in tws this wouldn’t work. When I conduct SEAD I have it in type 2 so I get ranging details but can’t figure why I would use type 1

You can be in either mode and get ranging, type 1 won’t stop that.

If you expect STT type 1 works and is a good default setting. With type 2 just be careful to turn it off when close to avoid HOJ shots

So use type 1 when flying normally, and then switch to type 2 if you want to use it against people with TWS

There aren’t really any downsides to type 1, but if someone STTs you close enough they can still fire a sparrow or AMRAAM and they can HOJ as a backup, so that’s the only case where type 1 really hurts you. Usually when someone is close enough to burn through in my experience the AMRAAM or Sparrow never go for HOJ unless they were shot that way, but I never looked that closely.

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

The jamming pod does not jam when locked or fired at by the BUK.

Do you know if this is as expected?

It reduces lock on range but won’t stop you being fired on it they are close enough, it’s only usually a 10-20% distance reduction of lock on by jamming in DCS

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Yes, SJP button ignited on console, Pod on standby, bkw aspect chosen, counter measures on auto.

There's your problem chief.

You need to activate jamming by hitting the CM switch depress, default bind is "E". It should say JAM when it is ready to jam, and JAMMING when it is actually doing so to an emitter.

OFF: no power connected, not BITed, we even dont know it's broken or not

STBY: it BITed, but high volt NOT applied, idle but NOT ready

JAM: high volt applied and ready to go, but nothing to do yet(idle AND ready)

JAMMING: send waves with patterns, depend on pilot settings

press key "E", WCS tell SMS apply high volt to the POD(state change from STBY to JAM/READY).

Edited by L0op8ack

There's your problem chief.

You need to activate jamming by hitting the CM switch depress, default bind is "E". It should say JAM when it is ready to jam, and JAMMING when it is actually doing so to an emitter.

Thanks for the reply, got it working now. Those BUK systems are still lethal though ????

Jamming in this Int stopping anything

Thats bc even 50s ecw stuff is still clSsified. Fact is noone outside of the makers eggheads and users know what mosern us or chinese ecm can do

Thats entirely incorrect. There are literally Textbooks on the subject, and training films from the 60's and 70's on youtube.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

OFF: no power connected, not BITed, we even dont know it's broken or not

STBY: it BITed, but high volt NOT applied, idle but NOT ready

JAM: high volt applied and ready to go, but nothing to do yet(idle AND ready)

JAMMING: send waves with patterns, depend on pilot settings

press key "E", WCS tell SMS apply high volt to the POD(state change from STBY to JAM/READY).

Loopback is the F / B / F+B modeled in our JF in DCS ? does it change the range or power or is it still the .1 standard DCS reduction in tracking time and range regardless if forwards or Rearwards transmission on the POD ? Just curious in our current system if it make a difference ? Suppose I could test.

Thanks !

Edited by Shrike88

Loopback is the F / B / F+B modeled in our JF in DCS ? does it change the range or power or is it still the .1 standard DCS reduction in tracking time and range regardless if forwards or Rearwards transmission on the POD ? Just curious in our current system if it make a difference ? Suppose I could test.

Thanks !

if you use F+B, you get only a bit less than half jamming power in each direction, it will increase the burn through range(bad).

F or B use full power in one direction, so better protection, but you need manually press OSB to set it properly.

Let's do a test in detail for it. :)

Edited by L0op8ack

if you use F+B, you get only a bit less than half jamming power in each direction, it will increase the burn through range(bad).

F or B use full power in one direction, so better protection, but you need manually press OSB to set it properly.

Let's do a test in detail for it. :)

Awesome thanks ! I’ll fire it up this afternoon and start crunching numbers and ranges and report back

Thanks for the response

Thats entirely incorrect. There are literally Textbooks on the subject, and training films from the 60's and 70's on youtube.

And even with training films etc a few totally classified components changes everything.

Regardless, I dont know what 50 year old ECM has to do with now - whatever is being modelled in DCS is obviously just what we get - slightly less range just as lethal, little tiny chance of missing.

because realistic modelling of even say 80s ECM isnt going to happen

dont believe me? a guy was arrested getting F16 *A* manuals and trying to leave Dallas for DCS.

And even with training films etc a few totally classified components changes everything.

Regardless, I dont know what 50 year old ECM has to do with now - whatever is being modelled in DCS is obviously just what we get - slightly less range just as lethal, little tiny chance of missing.

because realistic modelling of even say 80s ECM isnt going to happen

dont believe me? a guy was arrested getting F16 *A* manuals and trying to leave Dallas for DCS.

Well. Check the main threads. We are getting a better EW/ECM model at some point. Along with IADS.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).