Track replay not working correctly

RTS354

I'm having an issue where the track replay doesn't accurately replay the mission; for example, I had a two hour mission where I launched from a carrier and when I replayed the track, it show my plane going off the side of the carrier. Note that Tacview track does replay the same mission correctly using the data it collected from the game. Anyone else having this issue? If so, how are you fixing this?

It's suggested that tracks from multi-player works better because the system tracks differently which allows it to be replayed. So if you plan on saving tracks, run the mission in MP instead.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

the tracks sometimes completely miss an input. it can happen that you turn 90 degrees left while taxiing and then go full AB - but the track shows you going full AB without that turning first so youll fly into a fence instead of taking off.

it just doesnt record some inputs, sometimes. its a bug as old as dcs itself, never resolved. it cannot be reliable reproduced either.

my personal advice is to not use tracks at all, except for bug reports. even if this bug doesnt occur, tracks are badly unreliable because they only record your inputs and the rest is independently resimulated, so errors accumulate over time resulting in different results (like getting hit in replay when you dodged the missile originally).

Edited by dorianR666

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

Were you in a 14? I flew a number of missions on the JDF server over the weekend and all the tracks are hopelessly inaccurate! Problem seems to be getting worse, in the past a few would replay ok.

The hornet tracks are also bugged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

I'm having an issue where the track replay doesn't accurately replay the mission; for example, I had a two hour mission where I launched from a carrier and when I replayed the track, it show my plane going off the side of the carrier. Note that Tacview track does replay the same mission correctly using the data it collected from the game. Anyone else having this issue? If so, how are you fixing this?

Tracks have been broken for years and years...and years. Some aircraft have slightly better luck than others--especially if the track is short. But, mostly, be prepared for disappointment with the more complex aircraft.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• 1 month later...

I think I found the issue. When I takeout from an airfield, or start from mid air, the track replay work correctly even when landing on the basic or super carrier; it's only when the F-18 cold starts from a carrier when the track file starts breaking.

I haven't tested a track file create from a catapult launch, or a ramp hot start, and will update this post later in the week.

Yea, just confirmed that if I start a mission with the F-18 from either a cold start or from parking ramp hot from any carrier, the track file fails and the F-18 crashes. If I start the mission on the catapult on any carrier then the track file works as intended.

Is this a known bug because I can't find anyone else reporting this?