Mission 3

Rabies

Iv'e given up on trying to accomplish this mission, 10 tries over the past few days. Everything goes well, pick up the general at the airport, watch the Migs takeoff etc. I head to the training area and carrier. I enter the holding pattern, I receive clearance to approach the carrier and to fly directly to landing area No 6. I can see the passenger (pilot) waiting on the right.

Upon landing there is no further communication, I wait for 5 mins, pilot outside on the right still standing there. I turn off the engines, open the rear cargo doors and the waiting pilot disappears, no audio/written confirmation.

I ask for permission to start-up, its granted. I receive clearance to take off and head back to home plate. No communication whatsoever on the radios/cockpit/cabin crew. I'm unable to request landing permission and upon landing no, communication. I shut down and exit. Final score 27.

Edited by Rabies

Iv'e given up on trying to accomplish this mission, 10 tries over the past few days. Everything goes well, pick up the general at the airport, watch the Migs takeoff etc. I head to the training area and carrier. I enter the holding pattern, I receive clearance to approach the carrier and to fly directly to landing area No 6. I can see the passenger (pilot) waiting on the right.

Upon landing there is no further communication, I wait for 5 mins, pilot outside on the right still standing there. I turn off the engines, open the rear cargo doors and the waiting pilot disappears, no audio/written confirmation.

I ask for permission to start-up, its granted. I receive clearance to take off and head back to home plate. No communication whatsoever on the radios/cockpit/cabin crew. I'm unable to request landing permission and upon landing no, communication. I shut down and exit. Final score 27.

This is a serious bug! I'll check and fix everything! Do you have access to the new aircraft carrier Admiral Kuznetsov from the Supercarrier module ??

Thanks for the quick reply. No, I do not own the super carrier module.

One more question - you managed to enter the combat zone of the aircraft carrier before 17:25?(this is a prerequisite in the mission briefing)

Thanks for the quick reply. No, I do not own the super carrier module.

- I checked everything. And we have only one technical error left. The briefing states that you must enter the combat zone no later than 17:25 (note the time in the video) technically this is the time when Admiral Kuznetsov exits the landing trigger zone.

I’m normally in that area by 17:10, no later than 17:15.

Ok, I got it. I will delete my supercarrier and look for a solution to this problem.

Hey, I appreciate your time in working on this. If you have used the super carrier for the campaign, maybe mention that on the DCS purchase page, for potential issues for those who haven’t got it.

I enjoy the complexities of the missions and the occasional sneaky hiccups, I love how the engine de- icing kicks in when your on final approach and close to losing translational lift on one of the missions.

Hey, I appreciate your time in working on this. If you have used the super carrier for the campaign, maybe mention that on the DCS purchase page, for potential issues for those who haven’t got it.

I enjoy the complexities of the missions and the occasional sneaky hiccups, I love how the engine de- icing kicks in when your on final approach and close to losing translational lift on one of the missions.

Thanks for your feedback!:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

I had my first attempt at mission 3 today. I got my flight status revoked while I was on final to the carrier, no big deal your missions are so well done I don't mind trying a few times to get it right. I'm just curious, would I have gotten that message because I didn't follow the pattern correctly? Or is it only for "making the officers uncomfortable" in the back by deviating from the assigned flight parameters? I don't think my vertical speed went beyond + or - 7 m/s or anything, I was flying a pretty stable approach. But I may have deviated from the flight path on the diagram I'm just not sure.

Also, I tuned the radio to channel 7, switch in channel mode not manual, and I couldn't hear the Admiral K even though I saw the text. I could only hear the audio when I switched to manual and dialed in the frequency. Maybe a bug?

I had my first attempt at mission 3 today. I got my flight status revoked while I was on final to the carrier, no big deal your missions are so well done I don't mind trying a few times to get it right. I'm just curious, would I have gotten that message because I didn't follow the pattern correctly? Or is it only for "making the officers uncomfortable" in the back by deviating from the assigned flight parameters? I don't think my vertical speed went beyond + or - 7 m/s or anything, I was flying a pretty stable approach. But I may have deviated from the flight path on the diagram I'm just not sure.

Also, I tuned the radio to channel 7, switch in channel mode not manual, and I couldn't hear the Admiral K even though I saw the text. I could only hear the audio when I switched to manual and dialed in the frequency. Maybe a bug?

It is not necessary to follow the scheme of approach to the aircraft carrier (the result of the mission does not take this into account), most likely you have created a roll more than acceptable (according to your passenger). The mission will still be completed.

I’m normally in that area by 17:10, no later than 17:15.

By the way, I checked everything and the triggers on the aircraft carrier always work. Sorry, but I really can't find a reason.