On 6/1/2021 at 5:15 AM, baltic_dragon said:

Internally fixed, sending it to ED now!

ED just pushed a very small patch, but no mention of this. Assuming we'll have to wait until next week's patch for the fix? Is there maybe something I could adjust myself manually so I can fly it in the little bit of free time I do have this week?

• 2 months later...

Instead of starting a new one, just thought I would share my input on this one.

1. The SA page is still just showing numbers, instead of what's on the kneeboard. Maybe edit the kneeboard to reflect the numbers that are on the SA page? Was a bit of a hassle to find my flight, but did eventually.

2. That SA15 did fire on me on the way in, so I had to break off the formation and dodge the missile. Was to close to rejoin the formation at that point, so just dropped my bombs by myself, and egressed alone.

3. Did eventually rejoin with the rest of the flight. In the beginning, Dutch stayed on my wing, but after a while, he just felt like being insatiably thirsty, and went to the tanker by himself, and stayed on that tanker for the rest of the mission, refueling on and off and on and off for 30 minutes. Maybe he is still coded to go there or something? I don't know.

4. My second wingman, stayed with me in formation. All the way through the case III marshall stack at 21 dme, while I did the holding pattern. I was not given any option to dismiss her, before I was gear down on like a 3 mile final or something like that.

On Beta branch 2.7.5.10869

I've started mission 10 today (twice now), going through the first 15 - 20 minutes each time. Is there supposed to be any communication during this time? I'm never prompted to talk to my flight, or anyone else, and they dont seem to make it to wp 1. 25 minutes in I hear Cajun say "Flip where are you". I'm not entirely sure where they are ending up. Also I'm not sure the visuals are loading properly, there is massive reflection on the water, but what appears to be no sky textures at all. 

image.png

Just some quick research I looked at several videos of people doing this mission and none of the videos had these visuals. There also seems to be communication on between your flight while on the carrier deck.

EDIT: 

I restarted the client and the same problem happened, however I restarted and came back a few hours later and the sky and water look correct now... I believe some combination of starting missions or instant actions leaves the client in a state where this bug appears. I suspect it has very little to do with this campaign itself. However, there is still no communication on the deck of the carrier with flight. I believe this prevents progress still.

One more thing i've noticed, My vision isn't great so I play with "Labels full" on. There are no labels at all when I load up this mission.

Edited by Szerated

I remember having that visual bug once. Not sure what triggered it, but after restarting everything, I never saw it again.

I also heard basically not a single word being said, until Cajun started asking me where I was at. Took me a while to find him, since the SA page doesn't match the kneeboard.

This is super weird, I tried this mission several times and I had correct voice comms each and every time. Maybe it has something to do with the spectator mode, I'll play with carrier startup sequence and see if I can fix it somehow, but with SC taxi logic it is more likely that I'll break things completely and will get a lot of aircraft stuck on deck... there should be normal roll-call at the beginning, Smoke should comment on the Tomahawk launch etc. etc.

EDIT: I just launched this mission and it worked OK for me. Can one of  you guys send me a track from your play-through?

Edited by baltic_dragon
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

On 8/27/2021 at 3:49 AM, Photon said:

Instead of starting a new one, just thought I would share my input on this one.

1. The SA page is still just showing numbers, instead of what's on the kneeboard. Maybe edit the kneeboard to reflect the numbers that are on the SA page? Was a bit of a hassle to find my flight, but did eventually.

2. That SA15 did fire on me on the way in, so I had to break off the formation and dodge the missile. Was to close to rejoin the formation at that point, so just dropped my bombs by myself, and egressed alone.

3. Did eventually rejoin with the rest of the flight. In the beginning, Dutch stayed on my wing, but after a while, he just felt like being insatiably thirsty, and went to the tanker by himself, and stayed on that tanker for the rest of the mission, refueling on and off and on and off for 30 minutes. Maybe he is still coded to go there or something? I don't know.

4. My second wingman, stayed with me in formation. All the way through the case III marshall stack at 21 dme, while I did the holding pattern. I was not given any option to dismiss her, before I was gear down on like a 3 mile final or something like that.

Hey,

Ad.1. I just checked, the SA page shows normal DCS callsigns (SD11 to 14 etc), all of which are attributed to various flights on the ATO page in the kneeboard. Don't know what else could be done there - once you decipher which flight is which via ATO it all should come together. 

Ad.2. Yes, SA-15 should fire, but it was too lethal before. still, this is not a bug 🙂

Ad.3. The AI... plus AAR problems, which now should be internally solved (and fixed with the next update)

Ad.4. AI again.. the last one should break off at some point, don't remember which now - but good that he did eventually!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

On 9/1/2021 at 8:36 PM, baltic_dragon said:

Hey,

Ad.1. I just checked, the SA page shows normal DCS callsigns (SD11 to 14 etc), all of which are attributed to various flights on the ATO page in the kneeboard. Don't know what else could be done there - once you decipher which flight is which via ATO it all should come together. 

Ad.2. Yes, SA-15 should fire, but it was too lethal before. still, this is not a bug 🙂

Ad.3. The AI... plus AAR problems, which now should be internally solved (and fixed with the next update)

Ad.4. AI again.. the last one should break off at some point, don't remember which now - but good that he did eventually!

1. Is there something I have not enabled then or something? In all missions, I only get 4 numerals as callsigns, not the alphanumerical like mentioned. It might be there is some step that I'm unaware of?

20210902224123_1.jpg

I turn on IFF, and datalink after start on every mission. Even then, I never see the shortened callsigns, only the 3-numeric callsigns (811, 812 etc). I also never see anything on the SA page from surveillance aircraft. I believe this has been reported before.

4. To me, it more seemed like the trigger to kiss off your wingman, only came when you were within x miles of the carrier. As I opted to go straight for the holding point, and not via the carrier, and then track the radial outbound, I guess I never got that trigger? So the option to make my wingman depart was only when I was on final? Not sure how this was coded.

Edited by Photon

On 9/1/2021 at 10:48 AM, baltic_dragon said:

This is super weird, I tried this mission several times and I had correct voice comms each and every time. Maybe it has something to do with the spectator mode, I'll play with carrier startup sequence and see if I can fix it somehow, but with SC taxi logic it is more likely that I'll break things completely and will get a lot of aircraft stuck on deck... there should be normal roll-call at the beginning, Smoke should comment on the Tomahawk launch etc. etc.

EDIT: I just launched this mission and it worked OK for me. Can one of  you guys send me a track from your play-through?

Uploaded track to my microsoft onedrive. Should be able to dl here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvQUiMQP0boxjQPPvrhzL4WvK5fC?e=285djp

This is only the beginning of the mission, the entire squadron takes off, no comms. Then I marshal at wp1, waited till push time, started push to wp2. At that point I got the first radio message from cajun about being in the wrong place. 

I Didn't really try to saddle with my flight, as I cant find them without labels, and the SA page is just filled with jets and I cant differentiate which are my flight. I'm sure someone better might be able to do a better job there

Edited by Szerated