[REPORTED]No Ripple - unlimited ammo

Lee1

Doesn't matter what I do, which weapon I use, which stations they are on I cannot get ANY weapons to ripple. I flew a sortie today with 12 X Mk82 on TERs on stations 3,4,8 and 9 just to see. I had read that some stations won't multi drop because of proximity to airframe so I tried 2 different sets of stations.

I set up the prof to ripple pairs, 6 bombs in CCIP. Off I went, found a target and dropped. One bomb only, no matter how long I held the pickle button. I know I have to pickle until the whole stick has gone. One bomb per press is all I can ever do, which is a bit annoying when I've dodged the AAA and SAMS to drop a stick on a column only to find I need to do it another five times in order to drop the whole stick.

Same in CCRP, no ripple only one bomb per pickle.

Can anyone explain what I may be doing wrong please?

:(:(

Edited by Lee1

Sorted. I wasn't getting the message in the centre of the screen to say ripple set, it was stuck on Single for some reason. Persisted until I got ripple single, 6 bombs and 125 feet spacing And rippled three sticks of 6.

Does what it says on the tin now!

I am having an issue with Rippling MK82's also. I set the DSMS MK82 profile to Ripple Single, N/T fusing, 12X Ripples for the 12X MK82 bombs and 15 ft spacing. I confirm the DSMS settings. On my initial press and hold for consent to release on CCIP Master Mode only a single MK82 releases. The 2nd press and hold releases the remaining 11X MK82's as per the DSMS profile settings. I have tested this multiple times in the mission editor and I get the same result.. I'm curios to know if this is a bug as I have tested and tested with different settings and the same happens.

Also in the Mission Editor, I get a good lock in daylight with an Optical 65K 300lb Maverick. Cross hair flashes and I press Consent to Release, weapon is ready in DSMS, Everything set to arm and TGP locked as SPI but weapon doesn't fire. MFD on Maverick flashes blank then returns and no missile fires. I repeat the same procedure in PG map on a server and the missile fires. Very odd indeed!

Edited by -Condor-

• ED Team

Please add a short track replay and we can all take a look.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I am having an issue with Rippling MK82's also. I set the DSMS MK82 profile to Ripple Single, N/T fusing, 12X Ripples for the 12X MK82 bombs and 15 ft spacing. I confirm the DSMS settings. On my initial press and hold for consent to release on CCIP Master Mode only a single MK82 releases. The 2nd press and hold releases the remaining 11X MK82's as per the DSMS profile settings. I have tested this multiple times in the mission editor and I get the same result.. I'm curios to know if this is a bug as I have tested and tested with different settings and the same happens.

Also in the Mission Editor, I get a good lock in daylight with an Optical 65K 300lb Maverick. Cross hair flashes and I press Consent to Release, weapon is ready in DSMS, Everything set to arm and TGP locked as SPI but weapon doesn't fire. MFD on Maverick flashes blank then returns and no missile fires. I repeat the same procedure in PG map on a server and the missile fires. Very odd indeed!

Where are you mounting the mk-82s? Stations 5 and 7 cannot release in pairs, so you might be bumping into a similar restriction based on station or rack restrictions.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

I am having an issue with Rippling MK82's also. I set the DSMS MK82 profile to Ripple Single, N/T fusing, 12X Ripples for the 12X MK82 bombs and 15 ft spacing. I confirm the DSMS settings. On my initial press and hold for consent to release on CCIP Master Mode only a single MK82 releases.

I just tested this in the latest OpenBeta with Mk-82 on TERs on stations 4, 5, 7, 8 and it worked just fine. All 12 consistently came off the racks with a single continuous press and hold of the weapon release button (profile: RPL SGL, fuze N/T, quantity 12, spacing 15).

Did you change the CCIP CONSENT OPT from the IFFCC? What were your release parameters? You refer to the consent to release, but it sounds like you're actually just holding down the weapon release button in a standard CCIP delivery.

In other words: please upload a track, or a video might also help us help you.

Also in the Mission Editor, I get a good lock in daylight with an Optical 65K 300lb Maverick. Cross hair flashes and I press Consent to Release, weapon is ready in DSMS, Everything set to arm and TGP locked as SPI but weapon doesn't fire. MFD on Maverick flashes blank then returns and no missile fires.

First, I'm not aware of anything called "consent to release" with Mavericks. You're just describing holding down the weapon release button, right?

More importantly, the Mav page flashing usually means a missile has come off the rail and the next one is automatically uncaged. Is it possible a Maverick was indeed fired and just missed the target by so much that you didn't even know it impacted?

Again, a track or a video would be really helpful.

Where are you mounting the mk-82s? Stations 5 and 7 cannot release in pairs, so you might be bumping into a similar restriction based on station or rack restrictions.

In my test in the latest OB, there was no problem with ripple single from stations 4, 5, 7, and 8. I'm really only aware of the "pairs" restriction regarding stations 5 and 7, so this problem seems to be another one.

I have created the track. I must admit this is done with DCS set to Unlimited Weapons and Fuel for testing purposes.

Excuse the random Track IR as I was looking around doing things. Note, the first Ripple release worked but subsequent releases required a 2nd press to follow the DSMS profile settings.

When I was referring to consent to release I mean't weapon release or button press for weapon release.

A10CMK82RIPPLES.trk

I just tested this in the latest OpenBeta with Mk-82 on TERs on stations 4, 5, 7, 8 and it worked just fine. All 12 consistently came off the racks with a single continuous press and hold of the weapon release button (profile: RPL SGL, fuze N/T, quantity 12, spacing 15).

Worked for me on the first press but subsequent presses required a second press to release the Ripple according to the DSMS profile settings. See my track file.

Did you change the CCIP CONSENT OPT from the IFFCC? What were your release parameters? You refer to the consent to release, but it sounds like you're actually just holding down the weapon release button in a standard CCIP delivery.

No

In other words: please upload a track, or a video might also help us help you.

Done

First, I'm not aware of anything called "consent to release" with Mavericks. You're just describing holding down the weapon release button, right?

Correct

More importantly, the Mav page flashing usually means a missile has come off the rail and the next one is automatically uncaged. Is it possible a Maverick was indeed fired and just missed the target by so much that you didn't even know it impacted?

It did not fire as it didnt leave the rack according to the DSMS but it seems to be working ok now so not sure what was happening there.

Again, a track or a video would be really helpful.

See thread

In my test in the latest OB, there was no problem with ripple single from stations 4, 5, 7, and 8. I'm really only aware of the "pairs" restriction regarding stations 5 and 7, so this problem seems to be another one.

Be interested to now if this is a problem or me as I was checking and rechecking

Thank you

Edited by -Condor-
Error in reply

• ED Team

Reported

Unlimited ammo does not respect ripple quantity on second delivery if unlimited ammo is used

Normally it works without unlimited ammo, if you are seeing different please add a track replay.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Unlimited ammo does not respect ripple quantity on second delivery if unlimited ammo is used

Oh man, that might have taken a while to figure this one out. Good to know! :)

@-Condor- thanks for the track files!

If issues like these come up in the future, it would be great if you can include tracks right away. That's almost always a great way for us to figure out what's going on. :thumbup: