[REPORTED]Strange Graphical Glitch

MarvK

On 1/9/2021 at 12:04 PM, JG13Wulf said:

After discussing it, we notice the difference between the map (both on Channel) : One have clouds and the other does not have clouds.

i get flashes without clouds too, so that cant be it

amd rx 580, latest drivers

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

• ED Team

Thank you all for the tracks and video, the team are back to work today the 11th and we will continue to look for the solution.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi all,
Not much new to add, but for the purpose of statistics I'd like to report that I'm seeing the same glitch. For me it consistently happens for an Instant Action dogfight over Normandy in a Bf109K. I also noticed that if I continue flying despite the glitch, the game becomes extremely choppy after a while. Normally I don't have any significant FPS issues, so think it is related to the glitch.

Yesterday i was flying solo in Normandy on BF-109K i went straight up with full power, to check if i will seize the engine with overheating and i did, when the white smoke appeared from the engine and radiators, screen started flashing. I think it is related to smoke maybe.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Peter5on said:

Yesterday i was flying solo in Normandy on BF-109K i went straight up with full power, to check if i will seize the engine with overheating and i did, when the white smoke appeared from the engine and radiators, screen started flashing. I think it is related to smoke maybe.

Not only. Without any smoke they are present also.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I might be worth mentioning that I fly jets extensively (F-14 and F/A-18) and I NEVER (100%) - see this glitch in jet missions and I ALWAYS (100%) see this glitch in WW2 missions and it happens even in solo missions and gets WORSE the more combat/action there is in the mission.

Edited by zionid
  • Like 1

• ED Team
1 minute ago, zionid said:

I might be worth mentioning that I fly jets extensentively (F-14 and F/A-18) and I NEVER (100%) - see this glitch in jet missions and I ALWAYS (100%) see this glitch in WW2 missions and it happens even i solo missions and gets WORSE the more combat/action there is in the mission.

yes certainly seems related to WWII maybe damage model, as soon as I find anything out I will let you know, but this seems to be a challenging one for the dev team. 

• Like 2

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

4 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

yes certainly seems related to WWII maybe damage model, as soon as I find anything out I will let you know, but this seems to be a challenging one for the dev team. 

Thanks BIGNEWY.  Seems like the Glitch is easy to re-produce.  Let us know if you still need replay tracks or more information under certain special situations. 

• To reproduce all you need is a few WWII AI planes in Caucasus.
  • The glitch will come as soon as you start doing serious damage via bullets or even Sidewinders from Jets like F-16 or MiG-19.  I use a lot of Mod's so I don't want to waste any of your time with my tracks.. 

Good luck ED.. 

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

4 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Thx.

It certainly does not depend on the map, I had a mission over the Caucasus (default) and it also appeared (with WW2 units)

• Thanks 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

On 1/12/2021 at 1:24 PM, BIGNEWY said:

unfortunately not only happens with WW2, it also happens to me when I use f16 or f18 when I am in battle with numerous aircraft, the bug is present only with aerial explosions or the aircraft explode on the ground.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 1:24 PM, BIGNEWY said:

yes certainly seems related to WWII maybe damage model

sounds about right, it started happening to me from around the time of inclusion of the new DM.

same with the aircraft flames turning on and off and on and off...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

In this post @philstyle showed a video (thank you!) and I took a screenshot of it. Don't know if it helps, but these "flickers" are just a "madman's vision" of a scenery, they are pictures! (I thought they were geometrical shapes).

The white blob at the top (it's fake), then yellow... sky? then red... distant scenery? blurred with air? the black part is obviously hell! 😉

The clouds on the black background are however real - they appear on "true" image as well.

And then there's a clear line separating madman's vision from a true image below.

Anyway, IT IS A PICTURE, a crazy render of some part of scenery. And this picture changes depending on where you are, maybe how much you roll etc.

Only the "basic rules" for this picture seem to be the same - white-yellow-red-black. Sometimes red may be invisible etc. - but I think it depends on this exactly - where you currently are.

EDIT: After a moment of reflection... it may well be something completely different - I admit, but it IS a picture and its position on the screen does vary depending at least on pitch/roll/something-like-that.

screenflash.png

Edited by scoobie

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box

Here is my contribution on the yellow flashing bug (from the start of the low level furball instant mission on Channel map - vs. 190s):

unknown.png?width=900&height=507

unknown.png?width=900&height=507

The screens were taken from a Shadowplay video recording. Then the exact yellow frame was extracted with Sony Vegas, the normal one precedes it.

Edited by [DBS]TH0R

P8Z68 | 2500k @ 4.5 | GTX 1080Ti | 2x8 GB @ 1600 | TM Hog (extended 7cm) & MFG Crosswind (S/N 007) | TIR v5

WWII bomber formations | DCS P-51D: [TEST] TO distance / gross weight / temperature

• ED Team

correct, we do not have a fix for this yet. Team is looking into it still.

thanks 

• Thanks 1

A bit more data for the devs.

I've seen this too but only on the Normandy map.

It's happened during one of the quick start missions for the P-51, F-15, F-16 and F-18

AND it's happened on both of my computers.

i7-2600k, GTX 1060, 32GB ram

Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 3080, 64GB ram (within the last week)

I've been flying mostly jets over the last month and have not see this bug once - not on the Caucus map, not Nevada, not Dubai. Just jumped for a quick Spitfire mission in the Normandy map, but forgot about this bug. Sure enough, it's still there. And the frame rate seems to be much worse all of a sudden (never really had any issues with Normandy before). Argh! I'm switching to the previous stable version until this is all sorted out.  

In my opinion this issue is similar or identical to the glitch I found (besides of the colours):

It happens almost every times when an air target is hit, no matter if it is on the ground or in the air. Ground objects/units or ships are not affected (at least from my expierence).

It is not related to:
- the new damage model for WWII (I only fly modern aircrafts)

- the type of aircraft/helo (flown or hit)

- the map (I see this on Caucasus, Nevada, Syria and Persian Gulf map)

- the distance to the target
- the angle of view

- the view position (internal, external, ...)

- the graphics card (Nvidia and AMD are both affected)

- the version of the graphics driver

I think it is caused by the rendering of the fire, flames and smoketrails of hit planes and helos, which was improved by ED several months ago. Since this update I expierence this issue. In the first months the colours were also red, yellow, orange (but also black or grey in some cases). Now I only see these black and blue (sometimes also white or grey) glitches.

Edited by Ithronwise
Typos
  • Like 2

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, AMD Ryzen 3800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 250 GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1 TB (DCS World), Gigabyte G27QC Gaming Monitor, DelanClip Gamer, WINWING F-16EX Metal Flightstick with Orion2 Joystick Base, WINWING F-15EX II Metal Throttle with Orion2 Throttle Base, WINWING PTO 2 Take Off Panel, VIRPIL Controls Ace Flight Pedals, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, Windows 10 Pro

For me, the issue appears milder when playing as a client online. It's still there, but the frequency and severity of the glitch is much less, for example a distant yellow ball that flashes in the distance rather than a yellow/black/red curtain that flashes across the entire sky. 

I've had this since the begining of Channel map where I first noticed it. It was reported at the time, i caught it in a video whilst in VR and could do a full pan around. This was interesting because it was related to angled viewed from, move a little and it changes. It's so common on the Channel map I can't offer anything useful to rule out.

The reason trk files are useful is because its not neccessarily what you are doing but the entire picture of what is going on. This is not an easy one apparently.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

10 minures test flight in WW2 combat and was ok with Today's patch.

I must check more, ok back to the game and we will see .... 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif