[REPORTED]Strange Graphical Glitch

MarvK

For what it's worth, I started noticing that glitch only after replacing some late-spring NV drivers with latest ones last week (version 457.30). Nothing in my config is overclocked. Had the yellow flashes yesterday in Bf-109 Caucasus free flight mission - strictly non-combat, with exception of some bursts fired at the ground and water to check the custom tweaks in "better smoke v8" mod by Taz. After exiting the game, purging fxo and metashaders folders, loading the game and flying the same mission again, there were no flashes anymore, but I'll try to post a track If they appear again.

On a slightly different topic it feels like clearing the fxo and metashaders folders would be a nice thing for the updater to do, if possible.

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

Hello,

I also reproduce every time with the Spitfire + Channel map + instant action "A8 furball".

I reproduce in every video setting I tried (low, medium, custom).

After a few test flights, that happens quite often on every map to me. Several players from my community are noticing the flashes also, on a regular basis.

I may have to stop playing as long as the bug lasts as it is quite violent for the eyes :(

GTX1080Ti with driver 457.30, CPU i5-6600K, 32Go RAM.

• Like 1

We have more than five people having this problem currently in our team. Do you need more log/track files or did you found the source of the problem ?

Owned modules: P-47 | P-51D | Spitfire MkIX | I-16 | Bf 109 K-4 | Fw190 D-9 | Fw190 A-8 | Yak-52 | MiG-15 | F-86F | C-101 | A-10C | AJS-37 | L-39 | F-5E | M-2000C | MiG-21bis | F-14 | AV-8B Harrier II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | Ka-50 | SA342 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2.

Maps: Syria, Nevada TTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944, & The Channel.

Hardware: GeForce 1080TI, I7 7700K, 32GB RAM.

https://www.lesirreductibles.com -

Add me to the list of people reporting this issue, and looking forward for solution.

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

• ED Team

Please add the shortest track possible so I can add more to the report.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Why should we all send tracks? The enormous amount of people has the same problems in different situations and with varying severity. The same track may look different for everyone.

W10 64bit, i9 9900K, 64GB RAM, GTX 1070Ti, 27" FullHD monitor

I am having the same problem and this yellow flashy image interferences are really annoying! Occuring since the last big update some weeks ago (DCS 2.5.6.57949 Open Beta). Installed latest drivers 457.51 (GTX 1080Ti) and played with different MSAA/SS settings today but without getting a change.

I am flying WWII only, today I took off in MP (RAF662 server), the mission just started, only 2 fighters active (more to come with mission progess), no artefacts while flying patrol over channel until one AI fighter reached dover and was shot by flak, this time first flashes occured. Maybe it has something to do with that new big greyish flak clouds???

Anyway ..., can only say that this yellow flashes could drive you crazy and I am looking forward to a fix.

This is an extremely significant Bug.  It occurs on all maps, in cockpit or external views, and seems not to be improved by Nvidia driver settings or internal DCS graphic settings.

I thought it might be occurring when the graphics card was at maximum usage, but it occurs on my Nvidia 1070 even when only half of video memory is being use.

I am using Windows 7, 16 Gigs of RAM.  This does not happen outside of DCS....nor is it improved by going back to a default Video card clock speed.

Velocity MicroI7-4790 Windows 7 Home Premium 16Gigs RAM EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1070 500GB SSD TM Hotas Warthog

Hi, I am experiencing this bug too. I am at work at the moment, I will make a track when I get home this evening. I have seen bug on Channel, PG, Caucasus, Normandy,and Syria. WWII, modern, 

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

O.k., so I got home and had no internet. So I did a test in offline mode for giggles. The issue is present in offline mode too. By the time I was done that, my internet was back, so i did two tests online in single player, on channel map, the instant action P-51 vs A-8 furball mission, then logged on the Havoc Syria server. for some reason I never did actually get in an aircraft, however, the issue was still present in the menu/ role page,and I was stuck looking at a FARP, and the flashes were still there.

Here are the debriefs, tracks and logs ( I kept them as short as possible). By the way the damage model is awesome...

offline mode p-51 furballtrk.trk debrief.log DCS-SRS-GameGUI.log dcs.log SP With internet p-51 furballtrk.trk dcs.log.old

here is a log

Weapons_Training_Freeflight_sy_v1.02.256-20201210-190539.trk

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Airmage did an interesting discovery:

On 12/10/2020 at 7:42 PM, Airmage said:

So what i've seen so far is that, with a fresh shader cache deleted, game runs ok with shader cache option set to "AMD optimised". Shader cache OFF - does not start game; shader cache ON - shitty sync. 

However, if i dare to play another game, and then play DCS again, problem is back. 

Looks like a shader conflict?

If you want to give it a try, empty your graphics driver shader cache folder:

• For NVIDIA cards: "C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache".
  • For AM cards: "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\AMD\DxCache"

Then launch DCS (it will take a bit longer than usual since it will recreate shaders) and see if the issue is gone.

Edited by Flappie
edited NVIDIA path

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

thanks for the tip, I will try when I get home from work. I have deleted fxo and metadata folders, but not this one and my driver is up to date it said. thanks again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you. Apparently, it moved at some point. Here it is on my PC: "C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache".

Some files won't go away because they are being used by Firefox/Chrome/you-name-it. Simply ignore those.

I edited my previous post.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

3 hours ago, Flappie said:

Thank you. Apparently, it moved at some point. Here it is on my PC: "C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache".

Some files won't go away because they are being used by Firefox/Chrome/you-name-it. Simply ignore those.

I edited my previous post.

Shader cache reset is inside Wattman for AMD users now. Global, graphics, advanced, reset shader cache