[REPORTED]Strange Graphical Glitch

MarvK

Starting a new thread here as I don't want to be hijacking a couple of other threads on a similar topic. Instead of rehashing everything all over again, here's a couple of links to what I am experiencing with the Yellow/Orange screen flashing, and a quick screenshot;

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=283793

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=283756

As suggested, I have since updated my 446.14 NVIDIA driver to 452.06. Results are the same, no change. I still have the Yellow/Orange Flashing on the Normandy Map. These are on the previous 2 OB updates. 2.5.6.53756 and 2.5.6.54046 This is what I did to try and resolve it.

Updated driver to 452.06. No change

Ran a repair. No change

Windows is up to date

No O'Clocking on my video card.

So I decided to roll back 2 versions to the latest OB/Stable. 2.5.6.52437 just to prove to myself that I'm not crazy. :unsure:

Guess what? I had no flashing or graphic problems. :huh: So I believe something definitely has changed. What it is, i have no idea. I'm attaching the last log files for each version. I still suspect it's in the WWII asset pack, flak bursts or maybe the new aircraft damage effects. Caucasus, PG, Nevada maps I don't see this. But I don't fly the WWII planes on them either.

As an OB user, I'm trying to explain or provide as much info as I can to the Devs. Please let me know what else I can provide.

Thanks,

Marv

dcs - 52437.zip

dcs - 54046.log

Strange Graphical Glitch

So not sure how to reproduce this glitch but it seems to come and go every time I play on the Syria map. Tonight I was seeing it every minute or two.

Here is a video

The glitch happens at about 27 seconds.

Here is a freeze frame of it.

Glitch.jpg

This glitch is reminiscent of the glitch we had a few months back caused by tire skid marks on PG. Not sure if that is relevant but maybe it's related somehow?

Here is a screenshot from that bug that was squashed.

Screen_200428_222743.jpg

And another

Screen_200428_222742.jpg

Not sure if I'm the only one seeing this but thought I would post it anyway.

Here are my system specs.

Intel i7 10700k

Nvidia GTX1070

32Gb RAM

DCS is on an SSD

All drivers are up to date.

DCS is on the most recent OB version

Thanks for your time, hope I can get this sorted out.

• ED Team

Hi

do you have a short track replay showing it happen, I would like to try the same as you.

Also is your windows and gpu driver up to date?

Please add your dcs log also

thank you

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Was able to get a track file showing the problem. Here it is along with the last log file.

Normandy map, P-47 Hot start. you can start seeing it as I approach large town with the large fires. Closer I get the more frequent it happens. About 3+ minutes into the mission. In cockpit view.

Thanks,

Marv

dcs.log

flashing.trk

Edited by MarvK
Added more description

• ED Team

Thank you both, I have reproduced this, and will report

I have merged the threads as it is not terrain specific

Thank you

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks Bignewy. It seems as if it's not a Syria map issues as I originally thought since I have now seen it on Caucasus as well. I have just been playing mostly Syria since release and never saw it before on other maps.

I also disabled all my OC's and the issue is still present as Marvk has said.

I seem to notice this when changing altitudes, mostly when climbing.

I don't have any tracks because I have write track disabled. However I have turned them back on and will try to save one if possible next time.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if it helps. But this issue might be hardware (or driver) related

I've spent many hours flying in the Syria map on my VR computer (specs in signature) and I never seen this issue. Not once.

Lately I have been doing some Syria mission editing (and testing) on my work laptop and I saw exactly what NeMoGas showed in his post. Work laptop specs: i7-6700, Nvidia Quadro M2000M, 32GB ram.

Thought I'd share..

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Not only on the Syria and the Caucasus map, but also on the Persian Gulf (experienced in a F/A-18C) and NTTR (experienced in a Su-33 and a MiG-29S). The first time I saw this was just after the last major update. It happens every time there is an explosion / fire (on the ground or in the air) in the field of view.

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, AMD Ryzen 3800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 250 GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1 TB (DCS World), Gigabyte G27QC Gaming Monitor, DelanClip Gamer, WINWING F-16EX Metal Flightstick with Orion2 Joystick Base, WINWING F-15EX II Metal Throttle with Orion2 Throttle Base, WINWING PTO 2 Take Off Panel, VIRPIL Controls Ace Flight Pedals, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, Windows 10 Pro

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, this one still exists for me, at least on the Normandy map with WWII assets. :(

I can provide another trk file, but the one I provided before, is still relevant.

***Edit**

I should say this is latest OB 2.5.6.55363 23/09/2020

Edited by MarvK

• ED Team

This issue has been reproduced and reported, I am waiting for feedback from the dev currently.

thanks

• ED Team
Rgr, thank you. :thumbup:

Didn’t know if it was supposed to be fixed in this latest update.

No fix has been made yet. As soon as we do it will be in the change log. Thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

It happens every time there is an explosion / fire (on the ground or in the air) in the field of view.

all the people ive seen with Nvidia cards report yellow/orange flashes.

meanwhile I, with AMD card, see black flashes.

as you say, it happens when aircraft explosion is in FOV.

since this happens on both Nvidia and AMD cards, its confirmed to not be caused by some driver issue but bug in ED's code.

attached images are two consecutive frames taken from a video recording in latest OB, on AMD RX 580

vlcsnap-2020-10-01-05h17m33s402.thumb.png.96097f74f16e13cbf18a71a324d5eef8.png

vlcsnap-2020-10-01-05h17m28s183.thumb.png.2430342b81cfd39eb4a2cf557bdde477.png

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

• 1 month later...
  • ED Team

please add more short track replays if you have them, I want to be able to show the team as many examples as possible

thank

Some footage of flickering.

Theatre Normandy map

Video cart:

AMD RX5700

I never really experienced this issue before in the years to be honest with you guys, it just started happening some weeks/months ago.

It is really severe on the Caucasus map as well.

Also yellow/orange flashes that seem associated with WW2 own or other aircraft damage. Nvidia 2070.

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

Still have the orange/yellow flashes here too. No change in the last 2 updates. Also seems to be related to WWII assets. I can fly all day in a bare bones mission, (no assets) on the Normandy map, and have no flashes. As soon as I start in a mission with WWII assets, it starts again.

Latest OB. Nvidia card here also. I can upload a trk file again, but it’s still the same result as the one before.

• ED Team

if you have a track please upload it, I need as many replays as we can get. I am having trouble reproducing now, and when I do it is after a very long MP session and the track is no good for reproducing.

thanks