AIM-7F keep traking when radar does not track.

Juanillo

It was right now in a MP server, i dont know how to save a track of this (on mp)

I was on the f18 going versus a f15. He was locking me with the radar (my rwr was sounding bc this.) I got him on my 12. I fired a 120. 4 Seconds to 120 being pitbull. In this time, he fired me a missile (the rwr start sounding different, like a missile launch to you and 15 blinking). When the 120 start pitbull, the enemy f15 goes down and to another direction. Loss my track. The rwr shut. 4 seconds later, i explode. The aim7F was still traking me but, how?

May the 7m/7mh can do that if you have ECM on, but the ECM on the hornet is not included for now.

How is this possible.?

Edit, im on stable last version.

Server was 4ya #1.

Edited by Juanillo

It was right now in a MP server, i dont know how to save a track of this (on mp)

MP track are auto saved

look here

C:\Users\*you*\Saved Games\DCS\Tracks\Multiplayer

I was on the f18 going versus a f15. He was locking me with the radar (my rwr was sounding bc this.) I got him on my 12. I fired a 120. 4 Seconds to 120 being pitbull. In this time, he fired me a missile (the rwr start sounding different, like a missile launch to you and 15 blinking). When the 120 start pitbull, the enemy f15 goes down and to another direction. Loss my track. The rwr shut. 4 seconds later, i explode. The aim7F was still traking me but, how?

May the 7m/7mh can do that if you have ECM on, but the ECM on the hornet is not included for now.

How is this possible.?

Edit, im on stable last version.

Server was 4ya #1.

your story is confusing

you say an F15 shot an AIM-120 at you

you got hit

then there is a problem with the AIM-7?

MP track are auto saved

look here

C:\Users\*you*\Saved Games\DCS\Tracks\Multiplayer

your story is confusing

you say an F15 shot an AIM-120 at you

you got hit

then there is a problem with the AIM-7?

No. I fired a 120 to him. Then, he fired a 7F to me and hit.

I know the paint is a disaster, but hope it helps lol

6Zhm4MZ.png

4 seconds is not a lot of time (possibly less than 4, i suppose you didnt actually measure it). if you flew in straight line, maybe it still hit you unguided? it has proximity fuse.

ive seen a r27r guide after complete destruction and fall of launching su27 seeing it react to target movement on tacview, but that was many years ago. so this bug definitely existed at some point. though i havent seen it myself or heard about it from someone else since those times.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

4 seconds is not a lot of time (possibly less than 4, i suppose you didnt actually measure it). if you flew in straight line, maybe it still hit you unguided? it has proximity fuse.

The likelihood of that seems ... low. It's more likely a bug, especially since DCS has had bugs like this in the past, though I thought they'd all been quashed.

DCS doesn't model proximity fuzes in any amount of detail, but I'm actually not sure the AIM-7F can proximity detonate without target illumination. I think it uses range and LOS slew on the target from the launching aircraft's radar illumination to determine the detonation point. The AIM-7M got a new fuze, and I think it was the first Sparrow to use an active radar proximity fuze.

Here is the video of the moment.

Looks like a bug (AIM-7 acting like a AIM-120), as the F-15C wasn't illuminating you, dropping chaff would likely have defeated the unsupported AIM-7.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

how did you make this video? you have a track? why dont you upload it?

I took the track from the folder where the multiplayer tracks are saved.

I opened the track in DCS, and record the screen, then edit it xd.

The track weight 250mb and the moment of the missile is waaaaaay late of the start of the track. So, I have taken your work in that case. You have the video of the moment, if you want the track I can upload for you, but will take a lot time for you to search the moment...

I took the track from the folder where the multiplayer tracks are saved.

I opened the track in DCS, and record the screen, then edit it xd.

The track weight 250mb and the moment of the missile is waaaaaay late of the start of the track. So, I have taken your work in that case. You have the video of the moment, if you want the track I can upload for you, but will take a lot time for you to search the moment...

well its not for me, but ED people need tracks to figure out how the bug is happening. :)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580