X56 throttle is reversed

Sr.

Has been working fine in DCS since I bought it a month ago. I recently have been messing around with MSFS2020 and ever since, my throttle is reversed. Happens in the Logitech HUD, joy.cpl and now in DCS :mad:

Pushing throttle forward results in decrease power, pull back = increase. And I really don't think it operating in it's full range, as I can never get to full power in the a-10c or any plane in MSFS.

I have tried add/remove, different USB ports/hub... and also notice there is NO recalibrate for that side of the HOTAS, just the stick.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

To solve the issue of it being reversed, you can "invert" the axis in DCS controls setup and most other flight sims. Job done.

Not getting full range - you should be able to see what its doing on the scale in the device config screen and also within DCS.

If you're definitely not getting full range then it could be something physically stopping the throttle from getting full travel or perhaps the pot mount has come loose.

To solve the issue of it being reversed, you can "invert" the axis in DCS controls setup and most other flight sims. Job done.

Not getting full range - you should be able to see what its doing on the scale in the device config screen and also within DCS.

If you're definitely not getting full range then it could be something physically stopping the throttle from getting full travel or perhaps the pot mount has come loose.

Was gonna say the same but you beat me to it..! :thumbup:

Yeah, I get the reversing axis part in game, which I've never had to do for throttle... what gets me is if I start with my throttle pulled all the way back, open the joystick control panel app in Win10, the bars represented on the window are already green, then as I push forward, they begin to recede.

Most of the weirdness seems to be related to how MSFS is reading it though. I can be flying in a Cessna, still full throttle after take (at least full position) then see/hear the engine rpm rev as I pull back, then as I pass the mid point the engine will near shut off until I pull back a little farther then it climbs to 100% again.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, I get the reversing axis part in game, which I've never had to do for throttle... what gets me is if I start with my throttle pulled all the way back, open the joystick control panel app in Win10, the bars represented on the window are already green, then as I push forward, they begin to recede.

Most of the weirdness seems to be related to how MSFS is reading it though. I can be flying in a Cessna, still full throttle after take (at least full position) then see/hear the engine rpm rev as I pull back, then as I pass the mid point the engine will near shut off until I pull back a little farther then it climbs to 100% again.

You have the throttle bound to a key rather than axis in MSFS.

System 1:

Windows 10 Pro 22H2 Build 19045.4123 - Core i7 3770K/Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 (BIOS F-10)/32GB G-Skill Trident X DDR3 CL7-8-8-24/Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB - drivers 551.61/LG Blue Ray DL Burner/1TB Crucial MX 500 SSD/(x2)1TBMushkinRAWSSDs/2TB PNY CS900 SSD/Corsair RM750w PSU/Rosewill Mid Challenger Tower/34" LG LED Ultrawide 2560x1080p/Saitek X56 HOTAS/TrackIR 5 Pro/Thermaltake Tt esports Commander Gear Combo/Oculus Quest 2/TM 2xMFD Cougar/InateckPCIeUSB3.2KU5211-R

System 2:

Windows 11 Home 23H2 22631.3447 - MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US - i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi/32GB DDR5 5600mhz RAM/RTX 4060/2TB nVME SSD/4TB 2.5in SSD/650w Gold PSU