Incirlik ILS not working consistently

Recoil16

Not sure what causes this, but I have not been able to get both ILS at Incirlik to work at the same time so far. Either the runway 05 ILS (IDAN, 109.3) works and the runway 23 ILS (DANM, 111.7) does not, or the other way around. Someone suggested wind direction may be the cause, but I've seen the runway 05 ILS working while the winds were favoring runway 23, so this is seemingly not the cause.

Everybody said: "That's impossible!" Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Flying the A-10C for the 107th Joint Aviation Squadron

Developing and creating missions for Through The Inferno

Join the TTI Discord

We don't use AI ATC for it is completely unhelpful. Also, even if that is the case, the AI ATC shouldn't assign a runway with a 10kt tailwind now, should it?

Everybody said: "That's impossible!" Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Join the TTI Discord

Sure they will, if the wind isn't strong enough to justify turning the entire flight pattern around.

That doesn't make any sense, the wind is static, coming out of the same direction for the entire session. Nothing is getting turned around. If the AI ATC is not capable of picking the appropriate runway, tying ILS operation to it is absolutely unacceptable.

Join the TTI Discord

Generally, you'll never see ILS operational on two opposing runway directions at the same time. For all CAT II/III systems, an interlock preventing this is mandatory (ICAO Annex 10, 3.1.2.7), and it is recommended for CAT I.

The wind speed threshold for switching runway directions in DCS is somewhere around 5-7 kts IIRC.