Cancel & log in

Bilskirne

Maybe someone can explain why the launcher has a button for "cancel" when the game launches anyway if you press it? And it has always been this way. To me its another example of the devs focusing on the details....but the WRONG DETAILS! I still can´t bind the ******* buttons on the warthog throttle in a way anyone with two working braincells would expect to work, such as a two say switch working as a two way switch.

Not sure what you are frustrated about. I didn't have any problems binding my TMWH buttons :huh:

Maybe you can explain a bit further.. What module, what Warthog button?

Also I'm glad ED focuses on important details, instead of some cancel button that may or may not be useful (can't even recall ever seeing that cancel button, that's how important it is to me)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

... To me its another example of the devs focusing on the details....but the WRONG DETAILS! I still can´t bind the ******* buttons on the warthog throttle in a way anyone with two working braincells would expect to work ...

So tired of whining people -> Ignore :mad:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Perhaps the CANCEL button cancels the updater/launcher checking for an update and is not intended to stop the application launch process itself when half way through. As to the Warthog I have one and have not encountered any issues other than often multiple controllers (throttle, stick, MFD, and rudders) get crossed and need to be cleaned up a bit when you add a device or go to a new module.

Happy flying!

Rudel_chw: The switches can´t be used properly with ingame binding tools.

That is to be expected, as the game is designed to work with diverse Hotas ... the same will happen with most Sims, like IL-2 for example. That's why your hotas manufacturer provides dedicated software to let you use all the advanced switches of your particular Hotas with whatever game you want.

It doesn't recognize the switches position.

Use Thrustmaster Target to handle those switches (and the throttle lights).

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Perhaps the CANCEL button cancels the updater/launcher checking for an update and is not intended to stop the application launch process itself when half way through.

Snip...

This is correct, and is inteded behaviour. It cancels the updater, but not the startup of DCS.

Drove me nuts sometimes when I was new to DCS. Then I discovered Skatezilla's excellent launcher, and it's all history.

Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

This is correct, and is inteded behaviour. It cancels the updater, but not the startup of DCS.

Drove me nuts sometimes when I was new to DCS. Then I discovered Skatezilla's excellent launcher, and it's all history.

Cheers!

That's not the whole truth. I start the launcher with a command that excludes looking for updates and still have the cancel button doing what Kang said.

EDIT: inspired from this thread i just checked my login cancel button behaviour and it just started DCS in offline mode giving me 3 days access to my modules. So it must have changed since i last tried. i would still find a "quit" button to cancel the whole DCS start useful.

Edited by Tom Kazansky

That's not the whole truth. I start the launcher with a command that excludes looking for updates and still have the cancel button doing what Kang said.

EDIT: inspired from this thread i just checked my login cancel button behaviour and it just started DCS in offline mode giving me 3 days access to my modules. So it must have changed since i last tried. i would still find a "quit" button to cancel the whole DCS start useful.

Well, then I stand corrected.

Cheers!

Edit: Quite honestly, I don't believe I've tried launching from any "icon" for the past nine months. My two cents would be that any decent "game" with a little "respect" for itself, should have a launcher where one can change any setting before launching, to make it easier to test setup. And also be able to change settings in game without need restart. Oh, well. You get what I mean.

Edited by MAXsenna