Checking interest on DCS: IADS (Integrated Air Defense Network)

Checking interest on DCS: IADS (Integrated Air Defense Network)  

1046 members have voted

1. 1. Checking interest on DCS: IADS (Integrated Air Defense Network)

I wouldnt pay to be able to join a server with it, or run / create a mission / campaign with it, cause I have no interest in controlling it. I do however have great interest in fighting it, and this should be a essential core feature in DCS, and not something I should pay for.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | i5-4670K @ 4.3Ghz | 16Gb DDR3 1600 | Asus GTX 1070 Strix OC | Samsung 850 Evo 250 & 500Gb | 40" Sony FullHD | Oculus Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick (19.5cm extension) & Throttle | MFG Crosswind | Windows 10 |

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear all,   We have been approached by a new 3rd Party, a radar technology company, who would like to gauge the interest in a DLC to allow you to build, command and manage an Integrated Air Defense N

bump, would too love to hear if there have been decisions made or any progress @NineLine. Still really interested in this. Could also been linked in some way with Battlefield Productions maybe 😉

Super interested!     I’m feeding my baby after she woke up again for the billionth time tonight, I’m half zombie with  insomnia, yet even in this wretched state I still become excited enough t

Alright, this is a bit of a weird one...too many unknowns to give an answer.

If a third party has reached out to you, I guess this is alright, but do I think it should be a paid module ? In the way it is put right now, No. I DO want IADS and I do believe it should be a sim core feature !

How is it going to work ? This is such an element of DCS, that at least the most basic functions and the core of the IADS should be a core DCS feature. The community should not be split, nor should one side get an advantage.

Example someone who only has CA can easily track contacts in real time, compared to someone using a radar screen from the IADS module.

ED has a lot of potential with what it can do with CA and the F10, which have to be first overhauled, before any realistic IADS can happen.

What about mission designers and server owners ? It becomes a problem similar to the maps, as it is such a core feature of the game.

If the basic logic and functions for mission designers can be part of the DCS core and the IADS just gives additional functions like using radar screens or controlling the radars real time....

A big percent of what is offered should be a basic, core feature of DCS, which maybe makes the existence of such a module less valuable

i agree with that. it should not become a game breaker for those who chose not to buy it.

that being said, NO, i would not be willing to pay for it.

IADS managed by the AI unquestionably should be a part of the core game, and it’s a constant irritation that it still isn’t.

However playable IADS as a module would be something I’d support, providing it also brought the systems to the core game and only the option to play as an IADS commander etc required a module purchase. As part of this we would need to see not only improved radar implementation and air defence AI, but also a reasonable simulation of electronic warfare systems that are required to counter an IADS.

Spoiler

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme, Intel 9900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 3600Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, TM MFDs, MFG Crosswind, 2X Elgato Steamdeck, Everest Mountain Extreme, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE

IADS managed by the AI unquestionably should be a part of the core game, and it’s a constant irritation that it still isn’t.

However playable IADS as a module would be something I’d support, providing it also brought the systems to the core game and only the option to play as an IADS commander etc required a module purchase. As part of this we would need to see not only improved radar implementation and air defence AI, but also a reasonable simulation of electronic warfare systems that are required to counter an IADS.

+1

Definitely but combined arms ideally gets an overhaul too because soon dcs will need a new set of vehicles (western modern jets will be almost exhausted soon) so ideally we would add a proper M1A2 etc and truly create A fulda map with proper Combined arms play and yes an iads would really make sam attacks and gulf war re-enactments vastly more interesting.

Like many have said, I would pay for further control/more detailed elements to this. Though a proper implementation of IDAS that 'talks' correctly to the core game, feeding information into the rest of the systems must be a core system rather than something that's behind a paywall.

From the points that you provided these are what I'd class as responable items to pay for:

• Ability to fight against the IADS or command it (like the Combined Arms)
  • Monitor the network and Issue commands in real-time via a dedicated interface
  • Act as a General commanding the Air Defence in whole or commander of a specific military unit (platoon, battery, battalion, regiment)

The way in which this is described here the answer must be no. An Air Denfense overhaul must be part of the base sim. In fact all the described features are necessary for a modern combat flight sim and should be part of the simulator base. When looking at a high fidelity single SAM system, then I would for sure considering buying it.

Anyway, this should be part of base or at least CA.

Everyone saying that an IADS should be part of the core sim, does realise that DCS is free, right ?

How would you like to work for nothing ?

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

I might be interested in this feature, BUT ONLY if it allows to simplify the creation of IADS in the ME (for example, I choose AD units, I place them on the map, and then with a simple tick I can define which ones to integrate together, which not, level of reaction, ROE, etc.). If this new feature will require the use of scripts, then it's not for me. Already today there are scripts that do the same function, but I have a hard time using them.

On the other hand, I use DCS to fly and DCS should allow me to fly with a large variety of variables without having to learn the lua language, but using simple triggers, conditions and options in Advanced Actions Panel for each Group. Many interesting or important features are now managed only by scripts.

ED, please make it easier for us to create exiting missions. Thanks.

and sorry for the off topic, but necessary

Absolutely not.

Working IADS should be part of core DCS or at the max part of CA (for which ppl already paid once)..

Btw finding it suboptimal to start polling with such little information on scope / features and implied restrictions on non-owners in MP and paid campaigns.

Regards,

Snappy

As an additional buy on top of Combined Arms? No. It should be part of CA.

It would, however, get me to buy CA. So I'd pay for it in that sense!

that is correct.... but paying again for CA improvement?:joystick:

ASUS Z170, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 32 GB, Samsung 1TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

Interesting... 50+ "Junior Member's" .

I will call here all mission designers to support all our guys here that made great scripts for us without ask any $ from us. Now is time to show more support to Grimes, Pikey, Speed, Flight-Control, Ciribob and many many more...

Mission designer already had strike and if they want to continue work in ME they needed pay for SupperCarrier just to get mission work even they not flying navy aircrafts.

New strike will be this... IADS (even we have similar script already...) with stupid SAM's (AI's) in DCS.

What will be with mission designers without that IADS?

What with pilots that not have IADS?

What with servers without IADS?

If you are a dedicated pilot, a team player ... join us !!!

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB

14thVFS Samurais Discord: https://discord.gg/uc9c7Vz | Teamspeak: 14vfs.teamspeak3.com |  Follow Me on TWITCH!

No, I'm more interested on learning to fly aircrafts and helicopters.

However, a DLC I would love to purchase is a Cold War Assets Pack, with ground and naval units from the 1950-1970 period, priced on the same range as the WW2 Assets Pack. I also would purchase a Map set in Korea 1950-55.

Absolutely not. I would be more than happy to cover CW asset pack as a part of any other module (be it map or aircraft), but fate of ww2 asset pack just shows that the only consequence will be division of community. Separate asset packs are not beneficial, especially from multiplayer perspective.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Great idea with some concern:

- Did you plan to fix the code of your game in the meanwhile and not only release new payment DLC?

- it will work on Multiplayer as well?

- Costs around 30 USD? It will be OK and I'll buy it!

It will be more? No Thanks :)

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 2700x | RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200Mhz running at 2600Mhz (Damn RyZen!) | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 2080 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD SATAIII Crucial MX300 750GB | Device: VirPil T-50, ThrustMaster TWCS Throttle and Pedals, TrackHat, MFD Cougar.

Our Servers => [iTA] Banshee | PersianConquest PvE | Live Map&Stats & [iTA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!