Checking interest on DCS: IADS (Integrated Air Defense Network)

NineLine

Checking interest on DCS: IADS (Integrated Air Defense Network)  

1114 members have voted

1. 1. Checking interest on DCS: IADS (Integrated Air Defense Network)

Super interested!  

I’m feeding my baby after she woke up again for the billionth time tonight, I’m half zombie with  insomnia, yet even in this wretched state I still become excited enough to post and vote in favor of air defense!  Just one more insight into modern aviation and I wish that radar company all the best with their project!

• Like 4

BTW:

Integrated air defense + platforms developed specially to operate within IADS like

Leatherneck's MiG-21bis,

RAZBAM's MiG-23MLA

and ED's MiG-29 9.12 - that would be a blast!

And far more realistic way to operate them.

Edited by bies
  • Like 3

+1 on IADS working seemlessly with GCI to coordiate with air assets, providing interception course and setting threat priority.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Intel Core i5 2500K, 12.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3, Z68X-UD3-B3, GTX 1080 (ZOTAC International), SSD 850 EVO

No, and for the simple reason that is shown now in the OP. I think DCS desperately needs this and the concept is a must, as Core DCS will feature auto placement and AI control of the IADS network, as it should, I have no desire to play with it and control it myself, thus why would I buy it?

The answer to that is simple I guess, much as to why I have a virtual hangar full of planes that I don't fly, to fill the gaps that ED has left, and support 3rd parties that are increasingly more important to us to fill those gaps as ED have too many projects on their plate as it is. Without the 3rd parties, we'll be waiting years for the gaps to slowly be filled, if ever...

However, I've now 'burnt out' of buying things to support ED and the 3rd parties, and will no longer be doing so whilst there are still so many gaps that need filling in the core DCS engine, (AI, ATC, MP sync, Weather system, etc.) I know that many of these are 'on the roadmap', but many of these have been on the roadmap for half a decade.

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Love it! I do wonder if the core of the IADS functionality will work with naval assets as well, both as a stand alone network at sea, and communicating with coastal/land based air defense systems within communication range.

• Like 1

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

2 hours ago, AegisFX said:

Love it! I do wonder if the core of the IADS functionality will work with naval assets as well, both as a stand alone network at sea, and communicating with coastal/land based air defense systems within communication range.

While I'd love to hope so, I seriously doubt it.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV-2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, CA, NS430, Hawk

Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/bG9bBc

On 8/28/2020 at 7:28 AM, NineLine said:

· Basics of Electronic Warfare – different types of jamming and its effects (simulation). Given the overwhelming complexity of the topic, we are considering to do it as a separate module. More info will follow.

EW is a fundamental aspect of modern air combat. As such, the fact it's so simply modelled in DCS is disappointing, and should be worked on. However, if a module came along that offered this functionality, I'd be interested. This would obviously split the community though.

• Like 1

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

EW is a fundamental aspect of modern air combat. As such, the fact it's so simply modelled in DCS is disappointing, and should be worked on. However, if a module came along that offered this functionality, I'd be interested. This would obviously split the community though.
Yeah, I'd like some clarification on this. We can't have some units or players being affected by EW and some not. I get it if it's something along the lines of a module that allows the owner to interact with the EW part more, such as having the ability to manually use some EW assets vs the AI using them, but the overall EW change needs to be part of the core. I have no problem with paying for an upgraded DCS 3.0 in the future, if it helps development, but it'd need to include such things in the core.
  • Like 3

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

1197644828_Screen_200911_044202-Copy.png.74d8c09ee9060cffd7408a75ab2c13ef.png

38" AW3821DW, Z370 Aorus Gaming 7, i7-8700K, 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32GB DDR4, 960 Pro, 970 Evo Plus, WD Gold 6TB, Seasonic Prime Platinum
Super Taurus throttle + base, Combat and T/O panels, TM50 base, Hornet grip w/extension, 3 MFDs

F/A-18C, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C (C II), M-2000C, F-14, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3

Sounds interesting, maybe also a big update or a fully fledged CA2 to go with that. Take my money. 

• Like 1

| i9 7900X @4.5GHz |  32GB DDR4-3600 | STRIX GTX 2080Ti OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Vive Pro 2 | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs | Obutto r3v |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

It's probably already been mentioned somewhere in this thread, but I recall this was one of the original visions for F4 back in the day as part of the 'Electronic Battlefield Series', where you could buy a DLC (or add-on as they were called back then) to man a SAM site or other focused piece of air defense, and learn what that experience would have been like as the air war raged above you.

I always thought that sounded like a great vision...I never imagined it would be 2+ decades before it would have a chance of actually playing out.  I'm excited about the possibility, but am approaching it cautiously given what I've generally learned about the reality of DCS modules and their level of completion upon release...

On 1/21/2021 at 12:52 AM, Highwayman-Ed said:

No, and for the simple reason that is shown now in the OP. I think DCS desperately needs this and the concept is a must, as Core DCS will feature auto placement and AI control of the IADS network, as it should, I have no desire to play with it and control it myself, thus why would I buy it?

The answer to that is simple I guess, much as to why I have a virtual hangar full of planes that I don't fly, to fill the gaps that ED has left, and support 3rd parties that are increasingly more important to us to fill those gaps as ED have too many projects on their plate as it is. Without the 3rd parties, we'll be waiting years for the gaps to slowly be filled, if ever...

However, I've now 'burnt out' of buying things to support ED and the 3rd parties, and will no longer be doing so whilst there are still so many gaps that need filling in the core DCS engine, (AI, ATC, MP sync, Weather system, etc.) I know that many of these are 'on the roadmap', but many of these have been on the roadmap for half a decade.

According to 2021 and beyond we will finally have cows. I think we are good.

58 minutes ago, falcon_120 said:

According to 2021 and beyond we will finally have cows. I think we are good.

We've already got them.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV-2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, CA, NS430, Hawk

Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/bG9bBc

1 hour ago, Northstar98 said:

We've already got them.

Not with full simulation of grass deforestation and new imporved sounds, similar to the BRRRRRRRRTTTT of the A10 but with MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH when you are close

Cause that is coming right? #donotbrakemyheart 😬

• 2 months later...

There is a part 2 of this thread already btw, for folks not aware 😉

• Like 1

image.png

Hardware: MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX | Ryzen 5 3600X (6*3.8 Ghz) | 32 GB RAM | MSI Radeon RX5700 | Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB | DCS dedicated @ WD Blue 500 GB SSD | Win 10 (64-bit) | TM Warthog HOTAS, MFD and rudder pedals, TrackIR5

Wishlist:  Northern Germany/Baltic Sea theater | Full Fidelity Su-25A | Asset packs (80s Iran, Lebanon 1982, Syria 2011+ factions) | Persistent KB shortcuts | Proper coalitions system |

Can we have more info about how this logistics would look like? Is it more CA like or will we be able to put Virtual equipment on to Trucks, Planes, Helicopters etc. Which can than be delivered to Airfields, FARPs and units. 

I personally would absolutely love to see this. The scripting of this is currently OK but it has some large drawbacks like clients do not really deliver.. Like AAMs to an Airfield stock. 

Also Transport Aircraft could really become a thing after the implementation of this. 

Logistics are a huge part of Combat. 

• Like 1

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

• 4 months later...