Checking interest on DCS: IADS (Integrated Air Defense Network)

Checking interest on DCS: IADS (Integrated Air Defense Network)  

1071 members have voted

1. 1. Checking interest on DCS: IADS (Integrated Air Defense Network)

Dear all,

We have been approached by a new 3rd Party, a radar technology company, who would like to gauge the interest in a DLC to allow you to build, command and manage an Integrated Air Defense Network.

Features considered right now would be the following:

• Real-world limits: delays in communications, ambiguous radar contacts, level of training, fatigue
  • Build the IADS network in the Mission Editor
  • Automatic or pre-set reactions to threats and air attacks
  • Rules of Engagement, No-Fire sectors
  • Logistic component (ammunition replenishment) management
  • Ability to fight against the IADS or command it (like the Combined Arms)
  • Monitor the network and Issue commands in real-time via a dedicated interface
  • Act as a General commanding the Air Defence in whole or commander of a specific military unit (platoon, battery, battalion, regiment)

* Please note the features are not final and subject to change.

The purpose of this poll right now is simply to see if people would be interested in a paid DLC/module for something such as this.

Yes = Yes I would be interested in paying for such a module/DLC

No = I have no interest in paying for such a module/DLC

Thanks!

The ED Team

________________________________________________________________________________________

Added Feedback from the Team today August 28th:

We will have an internal discussion about this topic next week but for now, some things I can tell right away:

· There would have to be some DCS Core functionality to integrate our module seamlessly. My idea was to go the same way as the Supercarrier module.

• IADS network could be auto-generated by just pressing the button in the Mission Editor (pre-defined or user-defined rules) – this would be available to everybody.

• The ability to build the network would be part of the DCS, as well as necessary functional links.

• Everybody would be able to build and fight the IADS, but only the module owners could run the Command & Control Interface and interact with it. In other words:
    • everybody will be able to generate or build it

• everybody will be able to see it

• everybody will be able to suppress or destroy it

• only the module owner will be able to issue commands and control the network and the units.

· Basics of Electronic Warfare – different types of jamming and its effects (simulation). Given the overwhelming complexity of the topic, we are considering to do it as a separate module. More info will follow.

· We will not simulate the individual SAM systems or units – not enough publicly available information (besides, it would be incredibly boring, by our opinion). Our idea is to simulate an Air Defense system as a whole.

Edited by NineLine
  • Like 9

spacer.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear all,   We have been approached by a new 3rd Party, a radar technology company, who would like to gauge the interest in a DLC to allow you to build, command and manage an Integrated Air Defense N

bump, would too love to hear if there have been decisions made or any progress @NineLine. Still really interested in this. Could also been linked in some way with Battlefield Productions maybe 😉

Not with full simulation of grass deforestation and new imporved sounds, similar to the BRRRRRRRRTTTT of the A10 but with MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH when you are close   Cause that is c

+1

Hardware - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 4770 3.4Ghz, 32gb DDR3, Vega 56 8gb, 250gb SSD & 500gb M.2 SSD for DCS World, Dell VR headset, T.16000M FCS & TWCS Throttle.

Modules - A10A, A10C, A10C II, BS2, F15C, F16C, F/A18C, L-39, MI24P, MIG 29, P47D, SU 33, Supercarrier, WWII Assets

Maps - Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, The Channel

DCS: Sam Simulator would also be a dream like as long as it integrates with core sim seamlessly and doesn't split the MP part

Edited by FoxAlfa

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

Yes, absolutely.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, F-16CM, AJS-37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, P-47D, P-51D, FC3, MiG-15bis, Yak-52, CA, C-101, Hawk

Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mBG4dD

No, I'm more interested on learning to fly aircrafts and helicopters.

However, a DLC I would love to purchase is a Cold War Assets Pack, with ground and naval units from the 1950-1970 period, priced on the same range as the WW2 Assets Pack. I also would purchase a Map set in Korea 1950-55.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Absolutely yes.

However, it would make more sense to have it integrated into Combined Arms but I do not know what that would mean for those who do not own combined arms.

Edited by Eaglewings
  • Like 1

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Intel i5 7600k @3.8Ghz|Gigabyte GTX 1060 6G|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3000mhz|Gigabyte Z270 HD3|Thrustmaster Flightstick| T-16000M Throttle| Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

It's kind of a tough question. Some of this stuff does seem cool and I would pay for it, but there should be much better standard IADS modelling in DCS and it shouldn't be part of a paid module.

I think DCS should have better IADS modelling in the base game. running it as a commander maybe a dlc? but I don't think players should have to pay for IADS AI.

Yes. I approve them :thumbup:

More news to the front

Wishlist: ED / 3rd Party Campaings

My Rig: Intel I-5 750 2.67Ghz / Packard Bell FMP55 / 16 GB DDR3 RAM / GTX-1080 8 GB RAM / HD 1Tb/2Tb / Warthog / 2 MDF / TFPR

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893

DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4076891#post4076891

21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/

Silver_Dragon Youtube

Needed however its got to be said that many aspects of this should be part of Combined Arms, which needs a major overhaul - starting with VR support so at least when you look left it doesn't turn to the right etc.

Build the IADS network in the Mission Editor

Automatic or pre-set reactions to threats and air attacks

Rules of Engagement, No-Fire sectors

Logistic component (ammunition replenishment) management

Ability to fight against the IADS or command it (like the Combined Arms)

Monitor the network and Issue commands in real-time via a dedicated interface

Act as a General commanding the Air Defence in whole or commander of a specific military unit (platoon, battery, battalion, regiment)

IADS should be part of the base game, along with ROE and reactions to threats, let alone even CA payware and definitely not 3rd party additional payware ontop of CA, given that you want to provide a Digital Combat Simulator of Air and Ground.

As for the other aspects i'm struggling to find an argument that says they don't fall within the remit of combined arms and a "tactical commander" role within CA to be honest.

But in answering the initial question is this functionality required - absolutely, but common ED this should be in house code and possibly Combined Arms. Your now talking about a 2 tier experience for IADS, those that have the base game and those that do not. This would also be an issue for MP no doubt. IADS and ROE is like a foundation for the product, not a bolt on. Surprised you're entertaining the idea that this be sub contracted out as payware its pretty fundamental concepts.

Edited by Hawkeye_UK

---------------------------------------------------------------

DCS | F14B | AV-8B | F18C | F16C | A10C | JF17 | Viggen | L-39 | MIG 15 | SU27 | SU33 | F15 | MI8 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | Spitfire | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria

Liquid Cooled i7 9700K @ 5Ghz & OC RTX2080 Ti Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3200 MHz | 500GB SSD m2 | Oculus Rift S | TM Warthog | Virpil T50/Warbrd Base | Cougar MFD | Saitek Side Panel | Steel Series Arctis 7 Heaphones

Id pay for this, looks really interesting

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680(i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 12 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Alamo Squadron is looking for dedicated Air-to-Air focused pilots

For more detailed recruiting information, see our forums.