Better Smoke V22 for DCS 2.9

Mmmmm I have installed the last update of the beta version (DCS 2.5.6.55847 Open Beta ), afterwards installed your better smoke V5 and it seems to me that the smoke effect is not working properly...:(

What did you use to install? Not sure what to say. It's working fine for me and the update didn't change any files related to this mod. Try installing again? I can take a look at your dcs.log if problem persists.

Edited by Taz1004

Hi, love the mod. One thing I would like to tweak on my end is lifetime of plane crash smoke. It disappears very quickly! Wouldn't mind making it longer, as its distinctive black column makes awareness of downed planes very easy :)

Heyyy seems like you mighta missed this question earlier? Probably because we posted at around the same time. Just gonna bump it here again :thumbup:

Heyyy seems like you mighta missed this question earlier? Probably because we posted at around the same time. Just gonna bump it here again :thumbup:

Thanks. If it's like building smoke, I can't change it but I'll take a closer look. Hopefully it's different.

I tried looking for this issue but wasn't sure where this issue happens. How short of distance?

Hi, here is a sample of an F-15 afterburner.

At this distance (I've attached the whole screenshot for correct proportions)

with just one click of the mouse zoom (in/out) the afterburner looks as if it is on/off, while it's still on all the time obviously. No fade effect... very blunt and binary...

At this distance it should still be seen and faded as you zoom out or the plane fly's away from you.

It can be very confusing and misleading in a dogfight, to judge the opponents moves and energy state.

I hope it's in your power to create a "Better Afterburner"...:smilewink:

Thank you !! :thumbup:

Ron

AB1.jpg

AB2.jpg

Edited by ron533

Callsign   SETUP

What did you use to install? Not sure what to say. It's working fine for me and the update didn't change any files related to this mod. Try installing again? I can take a look at your dcs.log if problem persists.

I just dropped the different files in the DCs folder. I don't use OvGME.

I will try to install the Mod again..

Reinstalled and all is now working fine...I missed something last time...

Once again I big "Bravo" for your work, I am a big fan !:thumbup:

Edited by Razorback

At the moment, the smoke does not seem to be affected by atmospheric haze (e.g. if far away from the smoke, it remains at full opacity, contrasting strongly with other objects). I assume this is a bug?

It's a DCS bug.

As for the requests, I found the airplane crash smoke and was able to change it. How long is good duration? It was set to 1 minute.

The Afterburner is definitely LOD issue. If you open FA-18C.LOD with Modelviewer 2 and slide the LOD, afterburner will disappear at LOD5. Unfortunately, the LOD distance setting appears to be obsolete.

Edited by Taz1004

Updated to V6.

Settled on 6 minutes.

Still IC compatible.

Brighter Rain

BetterSmoke_v6_03.jpg

Craters

BetterSmoke_v6_02.jpg

Man, Taz you are a star. Soon you will have to rename your mod to "DCS Face-lift" great work! Thanks for that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

I like the new white effect in the rain but just when is very dark, when is clean and brighter the rain looks like snow. https://imgur.com/au9cZpt

Theres any way to remove?

You can delete the rain file from Bazar/shaders/precipitation/ but I don't think it should be raining in clear sky like that.

Thanks for the comments.

Sadly the new crater ground texture is breaking IC I think https://imgur.com/IbDardJ

Would be helpful to see which MP server you played on and what were the settings of that server.

Sometimes a mod causes the red flag in MP and after restarting DCS it´s gone until you close the session.

Give it a try. Had the same "minor issue" with the modified raindrops.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

GJ!

That's a topic for other mod but would be cool to have bigger, better looking explosions.

ED is quite likely releasing new explosion and other effects soon so no need for those.

This new rain looks fantastic :thumbup:

+1

The V6 breaks the IC here too. Specifically, the Rain item.

Night Flier

_________________________________________________________________________________________

i7 9700K, MSI RTX 2080, 32GB RAM (3200 MHz), SSD m.2 1TB, Monitor 32'' WQHD 2560x1440, Windows 10 Pro