Better Smoke V22 for DCS 2.9

22 hours ago, AlexCaboose said:

Is this compatible with 2.9? Has anyone checked?

I haven't had any issues yet. Haven't scrutinized it to see that it's behaving the correct way but as far as bugs or crashes goes...it's good

Ryzen 7 5800x w/ PBO on, RTX 3070ti w/ OC, 32 GB RAM @3000 | Quest 2, Virpil Joystick, Throttle, and Rudder

• Taz1004 changed the title to Better Smoke V22 for DCS 2.9
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2023 at 6:30 PM, Mike Wazowsky said:

Yes, still problems with waterexplosion.fx

No issue for me too (Open Beta). Do you use ST or MT version?

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

1 hour ago, Mike Wazowsky said:

MT

Wait a moment, I see that I have 21v, will do update and I'll back soon.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

2 hours ago, Mike Wazowsky said:

MT

No any issue with v22. No any errors ...

1. Did you clean fxo and metashaders before you are starting to use the new version?

2. It could be problem of your other mod I suppose, check all your mods, step by step removing it.

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

3 часа назад, Sn8ke сказал:

Is there a way to adjust the smoke markers so they actually mark my targets, not conceal them in smoke?

I was always thinking that you aren't supposed to drop the smoke on target, but instead report the target bearing and distance from smoke. Otherwise you would indeed just mask the target with a smoke dense enough to be clearly seen from the sky. 

5 hours ago, Fiztex said:

I was always thinking that you aren't supposed to drop the smoke on target, but instead report the target bearing and distance from smoke. Otherwise you would indeed just mask the target with a smoke dense enough to be clearly seen from the sky. 

I mean the marker smoke in DCS, i.e instant action missions where targets are marked with colored smoke, I struggle through CCD/ IR WH and BH to see anything in the smoke. 

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

3 часа назад, Sn8ke сказал:

I mean the marker smoke in DCS, i.e instant action missions where targets are marked with colored smoke, I struggle through CCD/ IR WH and BH to see anything in the smoke. 

I understand, but it kind of always was wrong like that, wasn't it? Luckily training missions are editable, so if I'm bothered with something or want to try something else, I just go and edit them. 

Edited by Fiztex

• 2 months later...

which arguments in SmokeMarker.lua should be edited to reduce volume and/or increase translucence on smoke markers?

Pimax Crystal, Asus ProArt X670E-Creator, Ryzen 7950X3D, 64gb DDR5, RTX 4090 FE, Magic Trackpad 3, Warthog HOTAS, Warthog Throttle and TPR pedals.