Better Smoke V22 for DCS 2.9

Steam effects from the cat should change depending on weather and humidity no? In regards to real photos or clips people may be trying to reference you might get one day where it's light and whispy but a colder day might be more voluminous and hang around longer.

Steam seems to me if it's not actively being changed by ED in the engine for weather effects, one could have a few versions of steam for light and wispy all the way up to thick and long lifetime. The latter might be nice for moody screenshots and videos.

• Like 1

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

Hey, yeah, Taz. Great mod, but could you make it so the smoke density and persistence varies with changing relative humidity and ambient air temperature? Change colors to accurately reflect the actual wavelength of light as the sun changes height above the horizon? Vary the color saturation in accordance with cloud shadows? Make the steam dispersion patterns reflect the air currents that occur when a deck hand walks through them? I have never been on a real aircraft carrier; but I fly one on DCS and the current catapult steam vapors just don't look right to me.

Hey, yeah, Taz. Great mod, but could you make it so the smoke density and persistence varies with changing relative humidity and ambient air temperature? Change colors to accurately reflect the actual wavelength of light as the sun changes height above the horizon? Vary the color saturation in accordance with cloud shadows? Make the steam dispersion patterns reflect the air currents that occur when a deck hand walks through them? I have never been on a real aircraft carrier; but I fly one on DCS and the current catapult steam vapors just don't look right to me.

Can't tell if you're joking or being serious.

Default had an attribute that tried to keep the smoke on the line which made it do bouncing spring motion. I got rid of it and now it blows away with wind. Below shots are with 4kt wind.

It also had too much spinning animation which I slowed it down.

I tried to get the size closer to the reference video above. Guess people who wants it bigger wont be happy with it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Default had an attribute that tried to keep the smoke on the line which made it do bouncing spring motion. I got rid of it and now it blows away with wind. Below shots are with 4kt wind.

It also had too much spinning animation which I slowed it down.

I tried to get the size closer to the reference video above. Guess people who wants it bigger wont be happy with it.

Looks good! Is it available for download yet?

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

Hi Taz,

Since yesterday's patch, the V7 MP version is causing issues online. It still passes IC, but loading into certain servers (with pure texture requirements I think) cause a hang on role select, as I get with better trees installed. Smoke was working fine the day before on the same server I tried.

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL

Hi Taz,

Since yesterday's patch, the V7 MP version is causing issues online. It still passes IC, but loading into certain servers (with pure texture requirements I think) cause a hang on role select, as I get with better trees installed. Smoke was working fine the day before on the same server I tried.

Can you attach the dcs.log?

Very good job!

But I wish the ladies weren't so tall and fat. It's as if not one car is on fire, but an entire oil plant. They can be removed by 1/2 of the height (length of the train)?

sory my google tr...

i7-4790k, 32ggb, 2070, 2560x1440, TrackIR5, Win10, всё в синей изоленте, и чуток SSD.

It's waterexplosions.hlsl. That was included by mistake when I first released V7. Just redownload the file and should work.

Worked like a charm. Thanks!

There's no such easy workaround for your better trees, is there? It exhibits exactly the same problem, but I assume it's heavily texture dependant, so never bothered to ask...

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL

Worked like a charm. Thanks!

There's no such easy workaround for your better trees, is there? It exhibits exactly the same problem, but I assume it's heavily texture dependant, so never bothered to ask...

No, community as a whole has to ask ED to selectively filter known and obvious exploits rather than blocking all textures.

And Pure Texture IC check doesn't work anyway because there's easy way to get around it.

No, community as a whole has to ask ED to selectively filter known and obvious exploits rather than blocking all textures.

And Pure Texture IC check doesn't work anyway because there's easy way to get around it.

Got it, it's a shame, but at least your beautiful smoke still works flawlessly

Also, I saw this a while back, so hopefully it comes true?

Untitled.thumb.png.4de5beef4b13db00bbf9aef41e29a17a.png

• Like 1

Still in-progress but quick preview of the cluster bomb. Below is from single CBU-103.

Lighting on these smokes are reversed also but they were too white anyway to be noticed.

Unfortunately, this will be Single Player only.

By the way, those trucks were still standing undamaged. Something wrong with cluster bomb damage model?

• Like 2

Is not IC friendlly ??( which file is it ?? thanks )

Just download the MP version. It wont have those effects but will be IC friendly.

Doesn't look like there are much more I can edit without breaking IC. So much of going forward will be for single player.

Just download the MP version. It wont have those effects but will be IC friendly.

Doesn't look like there are much more I can edit without breaking IC. So much of going forward will be for single player.

I know taz . Im just curious of the files that do that.

Amazing work as always

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]