Cougar Problem with TDC Depress and Slew

Chris P

Hello all,

I have a TM Cougar (unmodded) and I've been banging away for the last few months learning the F-18 and carrier ops and have finally started trying to get proficient in A2G weapon delivery. Unguided and laser guided with the TPOD have been going well, but I've run into an issue with the weapons where I have to depress the TDC (microstick) and slew to a target, namely the Walleye and the MavF; the targeting reticle just won't slew. I've double checked my control assignments and the TDC slew and depress work fine in radar and laser designation, but when I depress the TDC and try to slew it for the others, it won't move. Any ideas what I've got cocked up?

Thanks,

Chris P

'Nascar'

Raleigh NC

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's not you.

Apparently, and for some reason, the TDC need to be held depressed while slewing (I guess just to make it a bit more challenging for the pilot :P)

On an unmodified TMWH this is next to, or just even plain impossible

For slewing the MAVF ED added an option for "unrealistic" slew. Check the special options menu under the F/A-18C

For some mysterious reason ED didn't add this option for the new AG EXP modes. So either you'll have to modify your Warthog, or you'll need to wait for ED to add an "unrealistic" slew option for this as well (if they even intend to)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Well, still no slewing with the unrealistic slew option.... Not sure what the deal is, it works fine with the radar and TPOD, just not with the Walleye or MavF. Oh well, I guess it's still a WIP.... :doh:

Chris P

'Nascar'

Raleigh NC

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh, wait a sec... misread your OP

I see now you were talking about the Cougar. Not the Warthog.

I do own a working Cougar, but never used it on the Hornet, so I'm not sure how the Cougar mini stick compares to the Warthog slew when it comes to the F-18 TDC slew

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Not sure if this will work for you as my controllers are different from yours. My solution is to use the slew as you are now for the radar. Then use another 4-5 way hat for the MavF. I am lucky in that my VKB stick has a lot of those hats so I slew the radar on the throttle and slew the MavF on the stick. This actually works very well because the hat I use on the stick is right next to the bomb button. One other option for the Mav F is to use crosshair by leaving it's location on the screen alone. Aim the plane like you would w/ rockets and then fire the mav. It's crude and no where near realistic but it will work.

Edited by CBStu