Flight Panels

MustangSally

anyone had issues with the hook lever on the takeoff panel? mine seems to only intermittently register the "up" button, same with middle/lower positions but less intermittent. If I move the lever slightly left/right it seems to help but this seems less than ideal. Is there an easy way to take off the back panel and check for any loose connections?

I snatched one yesterday.. I need to wait for the other one with LG and Hook to be available again !

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

1 hour ago, PabstBleuRibbon said:

anyone had issues with the hook lever on the takeoff panel? mine seems to only intermittently register the "up" button, same with middle/lower positions but less intermittent. If I move the lever slightly left/right it seems to help but this seems less than ideal. Is there an easy way to take off the back panel and check for any loose connections?

I have the same issue with the gear handle. You’re going to have to get inside the panel and theirs a big screw at the end of the lever. You need to tighten the screw. 

25 minutes ago, Josh3945 said:

I have the same issue with the gear handle. You’re going to have to get inside the panel and theirs a big screw at the end of the lever. You need to tighten the screw. 

ok, how to remove the back of the panel? the 4 screws on the back dont appear to let the plate come off once their out...and now I have what sounds like loose nuts inside of the case 😞

49 minutes ago, PabstBleuRibbon said:

ok, how to remove the back of the panel? the 4 screws on the back dont appear to let the plate come off once their out...and now I have what sounds like loose nuts inside of the case 😞

Take those 4 screws out and on the front plate take out the 6 outer screws. The 4 corners and then there’s one on the top in the middle and on the bottom in the middle. That’ll let you take the back plate off. 

1 hour ago, Josh3945 said:

Take those 4 screws out and on the front plate take out the 6 outer screws. The 4 corners and then there’s one on the top in the middle and on the bottom in the middle. That’ll let you take the back plate off. 

Thanks! that worked and the hook lever works fine now. 

On 3/18/2021 at 11:14 PM, chief said:

Got my panels recently and so far they seem great. I am wondering why they used 3 way switches on things like MASTER ARM SAFE, LTD/R. LST when in the plane they are only 2 way switches.

Agreed, it is somewhat weird given the text, but the biggest issue I've noticed is that the launch bar extend/retract switch is not a three position switch with temporary up and down positions (like e.g. the switch they've used for heading and course adjustments).

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

BTW, am I right that the Sim App Pro doesn't really let you edit the key bindings at the moment ("coming soon")?

I see there's some "create from game" option, but it says it can't find the bindings in the DCS user folder and I'm not really sure how to get those to appear (it mentions I need to save something in the game).

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

• 1 month later...
On 3/27/2021 at 6:37 AM, Dudikoff said:

BTW, am I right that the Sim App Pro doesn't really let you edit the key bindings at the moment ("coming soon")?

I see there's some "create from game" option, but it says it can't find the bindings in the DCS user folder and I'm not really sure how to get those to appear (it mentions I need to save something in the game).

If i may ask ya, Am i understanding you correctly then that these panels dont just operate as DX-buttons that i can freely map however i want?  do you have to use some kind of software or is this just for extra features like flashing stuff? (which i dont really care about)

1 hour ago, marcocom said:

If i may ask ya, Am i understanding you correctly then that these panels dont just operate as DX-buttons that i can freely map however i want?  do you have to use some kind of software or is this just for extra features like flashing stuff? (which i dont really care about)

By default, they do operate as DX-buttons so you can map them directly in DCS or use some alternative software (Gremlin).

The reason I'd want to use their software for that is to create profiles which I can modify and load outside DCS and which (I hope) would also allow me to map the backlights which exist on some of these buttons.

Edited by Dudikoff
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

So I picked up the Take Off Panel and was very stoked...for about 5 minutes. Was playing around with the different settings, changing axis to buttons and back again in SimApp Pro which was cool, then I went to update the firmware and..SimApp crashed. And now my panel is dead. Tried switching to different usb ports, uninstalling and reinstalling simapp, nothing. And no 'support' page, just an email who knows I'll have to wait for a response. Not feeling real good about this purchase so far.

Anyone know if there's a way to manually flash or reset the panel? Simapp won't even recognize it anymore

12 minutes ago, grifnizzle said:

So I picked up the Take Off Panel and was very stoked...for about 5 minutes. Was playing around with the different settings, changing axis to buttons and back again in SimApp Pro which was cool, then I went to update the firmware and..SimApp crashed. And now my panel is dead. Tried switching to different usb ports, uninstalling and reinstalling simapp, nothing. And no 'support' page, just an email who knows I'll have to wait for a response. Not feeling real good about this purchase so far.

Anyone know if there's a way to manually flash or reset the panel? Simapp won't even recognize it anymore

Unplug all USB devices except KB and Mouse. Run up Simappro and plug panel into USB socket on rear of PC - it should see it and update. If not, send an email to info@winwing.cn

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

3 minutes ago, grifnizzle said:

not

info@wwsimstore.com ?

No, info@winwing.cn

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

so someone from the info@winwing.cn email is trying to help me with takeoff panel issue but they want me to download something called Teamviewer to gain remote access to my computer. Has anyone else worked with winwing tech support this way? Little hesitant for hopefully obvious reasons

Update: To anyone that was curious about the resolution of this: while waiting for teamviewer connection I saw ver 1.6.3 of simapp got released. went ahead and downloaded it and restarted and son of a bitch if it didn't work! firmware update commenced, lights came back on, and all the buttons work in simapp pro. booted up dcs real quick and confirmed it recognized the panel as well!

Edited by grifnizzle

• 4 months later...

Can anyone tell me how to program these things?!  Is there ANY documentation for SimApp Pro?  Can we use it to program the panels for say the A-10C in DCS?  Or do we do it from in the game?  I'm totally confused.  I was just trying to program the anti skid switch from inside the game and it's the same button push up or down.  Does SimApp give you a little more flexibility?  I see Fox Two has a lua file.  Not sure how to use that either.  Help!  Thanks....Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year all!!!!

9 hours ago, Chicki said:

Can anyone tell me how to program these things?!  Is there ANY documentation for SimApp Pro?  Can we use it to program the panels for say the A-10C in DCS?  Or do we do it from in the game?  I'm totally confused.  I was just trying to program the anti skid switch from inside the game and it's the same button push up or down.  Does SimApp give you a little more flexibility?  I see Fox Two has a lua file.  Not sure how to use that either.  Help!  Thanks....Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year all!!!!

This guide should get you pretty far!

Otherwise, go tot https://wwsimstore.com/home/service/

They a have a knowledge base over there with troubleshooting steps.

image.png

Edited by ArjenHVA

Thanks Arjen.  I did come across that setup post.  Pretty good.  I have the Hornet but have not flown it yet.  Don't even have it installed so that post didn't do me a lot of good.  I have made some discoveries in SimApp.  Like seeing what buttons are actually true or false and what their numbers are so I was able to program from within DCS.  Got AntiSkid, CRS and HDG programmed.  Master Arm.  Of course, the gear handle.  Still some questions though....for instance, in Key Binding...you click on the game, DCS.  Then click on an aircraft(A10C).  Then, click on Create from game....then what?  It creates a file you can name but where is it?  I was hoping you could see it from in DCS but doesn't seem so.  There is an Edit function in SimApp which is not yet implemented but anyway, I'm still confused.  Wish they would get some documentation up.  Seems like a pretty nice piece of software SimApp.  Be nice if we had some doc.  Thanks pal!

17 hours ago, Chicki said:

Thanks Arjen.  I did come across that setup post.  Pretty good.  I have the Hornet but have not flown it yet.  Don't even have it installed so that post didn't do me a lot of good.  I have made some discoveries in SimApp.  Like seeing what buttons are actually true or false and what their numbers are so I was able to program from within DCS.  Got AntiSkid, CRS and HDG programmed.  Master Arm.  Of course, the gear handle.  Still some questions though....for instance, in Key Binding...you click on the game, DCS.  Then click on an aircraft(A10C).  Then, click on Create from game....then what?  It creates a file you can name but where is it?  I was hoping you could see it from in DCS but doesn't seem so.  There is an Edit function in SimApp which is not yet implemented but anyway, I'm still confused.  Wish they would get some documentation up.  Seems like a pretty nice piece of software SimApp.  Be nice if we had some doc.  Thanks pal!

Just use the SimApp to apply firmware updates, arrange the backlighting settings and check if all the buttons are working. From my experience, you shouldn't need it for anything else. I would just do the assignments in-game just like with every other key. 

Files are here: C:\Users\$user\AppData\Roaming\SimAppPro\KeyBinding\files\

It's just a backup of the key assignments specially for the panel , similar to what the in-game back-up feature does.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a takeoff panel. 

Could I assign more than one axis ingame for the same pot, pnl light? 

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

[EDIT UPDATE - Support email no longer exist. Don't use it. Use the ticket system on their website instead. Winwing replied and sent new back panel. To avoid all this I recommend looking at the threads and using acetone/abrasive pads to remove the paint from the thread]

Got my two panels to compliment the SuperLibra/Taurus setup

I also realised I liked winwing products because so far I have not needed to use their support. Things might change now

Here is an other point of failure to look out for. Winwing are not covering the inner thread when applying the black coating on to the panel. So when you start putting in screws they catch on the paint, seize and strip the part clean off the panel

I have contacted support and been waiting for a reply since 

IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0798.jpg

Edited by nikoel

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Nahemoth said:

Does it worth buying such panel if you fly VR and having hand tracking systems (pointctrl)?

For me, yes it does indeed. I fly a lot of traffic patterns with my modules, and find the gear lever a massive inmersion booster. Much more than pressing a button from Warthog throttle or clicking one of the small buttons from the PointCtrl finger unit.
What´s more, the lever allows me to operate the gear while keeping my eyes out of the cockpit, with muscle memory I find the lever easily.
Tomorrow it will arrive a F-16 ICP. And by xmas I bought a programmable keyboard for Hornet/Harrier UFC. I like the best of two worlds, physical devices and VR.

• Thanks 1

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

hace 20 minutos, Ala12Rv-Tundra dijo:

For me, yes it does indeed. I fly a lot of traffic patterns with my modules, and find the gear lever a massive inmersion booster. Much more than pressing a button from Warthog throttle or clicking one of the small buttons from the PointCtrl finger unit.
What´s more, the lever allows me to operate the gear while keeping my eyes out of the cockpit, with muscle memory I find the lever easily.
Tomorrow it will arrive a F-16 ICP. And by xmas I bought a programmable keyboard for Hornet/Harrier UFC. I like the best of two worlds, physical devices and VR.

That was my feeling, even if I don't have PointCtrl (yet). I tried VR with MFD panels but the experience is not so good, I need to attach them into a more stable support. 

Which are the models of ICP and UFC?

On 1/16/2022 at 11:23 PM, Nahemoth said:

That was my feeling, even if I don't have PointCtrl (yet). I tried VR with MFD panels but the experience is not so good, I need to attach them into a more stable support. 

Which are the models of ICP and UFC?

I bought a Virpil desk mount, which I place centered. Joy base at the botton, then handcrafted some L-shaped brackets for left and right MFD.
The desk mount has drilled holes all long the vertical side, so it´s easy to place the MFDs at the right height. The icing on the cake is applying a small rounded adhesive silicone pad to each center button of each column and row. So orientating myself by touch is quite easy
Then I handcrafted a U-shape bracket at the top of the mount, inverted. That´s where I placed the BuddyFox A-10 UFC, a great piece of hardware.

Yesterday I received a F-16 ICP unit I bought from an Italian user, I need to figure it out how to place the device.
And finally by Xmas I bought a programmable keyboard to replicate Hornet/Harrier UFC. It´s just 24 keys, I will print some covers and add again the silicone pads on certain keys for orientation purposes as well.
If you are on Facebook, I have posted several times my rig over there across different DCS groups, let me know by private message if you are interested.