MS 2: CASE 3 & Smoke

On which radio / frequency should I send Smoke off, as he tries to fly close fingertip all the way down to the boat. If it was a CASE 1 I know I can "KISS" him off, but that isn't an option for CASE 3. I tried sending radio commands for him to RTB on both PRI and AUX, and various buttons, but he ignored every one of them. Is this an DCS AI thing, or something else?

Not mission critical, as I can land and the mission does progress. Just noticed it from a practicing a few CASE 3 before progressing the campaign.

BD, BZ a great campaign!!

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Same here

Все написанное выше является моим оценочным суждением

Everything written above reflects my personal opinion

Занимаюсь "активной пропагандой Американцев на данном форуме" © Flanker

• 2 weeks later...

I ran it several times and can't reproduce. Stayed on the ship without taking off letting Smoke go first - he would start orbiting around the carrier. I can't reproduce this problem. I advise that you take off first and stay near the ship when he launches, he should join up normally... perhaps reinstall the campaign, I have seen this fixing some dumb AI behaviour like this one.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 4 months later...
On 9/6/2020 at 1:52 PM, baltic_dragon said:

I ran it several times and can't reproduce. Stayed on the ship without taking off letting Smoke go first - he would start orbiting around the carrier. I can't reproduce this problem. I advise that you take off first and stay near the ship when he launches, he should join up normally... perhaps reinstall the campaign, I have seen this fixing some dumb AI behaviour like this one.

I think you are misunderstanding what people are saying here. At the end of the mission when returning to the boat for the case III landing. Is there a way to get Smoke to do his own case iii instead of him following you in the case iii pattern and all the way down to the boat?

Edited by Arbil
Typo

• 1 month later...

I had 2 problems with Smoke in this mission. First when AAR, he was to my left and suddently he overrun me and hit with me. Second time didn't hit me but in the carrier landing the catIII he goes near us in the landing. At the final stage he breaks to the left. Didn't happen anything but AI flies very stupid, and I know it is a DCS thing... but is more dangerous to be near an AI than flight against enemies. If at least we could choose the option to make spread formations...  (didn't try the command)