DED Coordinates Change

Emmy

Always been that way since the module was release with the INS. Caucasus always used N/E and NTTR use N/W.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Always been that way since the module was release with the INS. Caucasus always used N/E and NTTR use N/W.

Well in the NTTR the system reports N/E instead of N/W on DED button 4 after an alignment, before manual data entry.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Never seen this. Maybe a date or specific missions.

I just updated TTI 1.68a in openbeta ver 2.5.6.54046. I used today date and dynamic weather, jump in and DED show this:

Screen_200826_101407.thumb.jpg.8b4ca720d360bacfc4797c88186bbccc.jpg

Maybe we are not looking at the same thing.

Again, created a mission, started on the runway, jump in and DED page 4

Screen_200826_102458.thumb.jpg.b0c9b1f4be78e8727ca381353106566b.jpg

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I'm talking about a cold start before any NAV Data is entered.

Right after you flip the Chicken Head Knob to whichever alignment you're going to use.

See first screenshot I posted

To whom it may concern,

I think Emmy is talking about the fact that is says E instead of W on an empty steerpoint, regardless on which map you are

Ding, Ding, Ding...

This is about empty waypoints (WP)? Then I really do not understand the issue. WP/SP without Lat/Long and Alt are meaningless. There are not displayed and not used by any systems.

In some software versions of the real F-16, specific WP/SP are used for specific things, than also ties into the link 16. But I'm not sure if ED will even modeled that, so it is all irrelevant until it is modeled.

Well, I guess I do not have an answer to the original post nor do I see any meaning or need for it to be one way or the other. I have not read not ever heard any specific about empty WP/SP in real life. I have not seen anything describing how the look or why. Everything I seen talk about modified them, information that can be entered etc.

To whom it may concern,

Well, it was an undocumented change so I thought maybe there was a specific reason. Given the jet’s inability to properly accept and use manually entered LAT/LON without a workaround, I wondered if perhaps there was a connection.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Well, it was an undocumented change so I thought maybe there was a specific reason. Given the jet’s inability to properly accept and use manually entered LAT/LON without a workaround, I wondered if perhaps there was a connection.

What kind of problems? I use manually entered steerpoints all the time and havent discovered any huge problems so far.

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

What kind of problems? I use manually entered steerpoints all the time and havent discovered any huge problems so far.

You haven't noticed how the jet doesn't navigate to the correct location? The bearing and range isn't correct when in NAV when you enter a manual steerpoint. More information here

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP