Ball Call

Doum76

Hey guys,

Here's there a way to make the Ball Call automaticly, or bind it or something, i couldn't find it? I just found totaly absurd in VR having to fool around to make a radio menu pop, then leaving flight controls go to blindly go press F2 on my keyboard.

Thanks

I have the "Ball Call" binded to one of my switches. Not at the gaming computer at the moment. Someone may post location shortly.

Really? i'll check back then to find it, and i'll do the same, i did it with the Salute! for the Hornet and Tomcat. I was hoping the Request launch also be able to get bind, but doesn't :(

are you guys still getting the EGIW grades?

Oh yah, seems worse than before (could be I’ve been flying the Tomcat too much lately, spoiled by the DLC). I find the bird floats really bad over the ramp, necessitating a drop in power to maintain ball that leads to EGTL or EGIW

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

After todays update, looks like the LSO is much stricter than before.

WO,WO ... He seems to like it making me go around.

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

I found VoiceAttack + VAICOM works great for the Supercarrier! No fiddling around with the radio menu during the approach. One of the best investments I made. I recommend it especially for VR user

I7-9700K -- 32GB RAM -- RTX 4070 -- Virpil T-50CM3 Throttle + WarBRD Base -- Thrustmaster TPR -- Quest 3 

After todays update, looks like the LSO is much stricter than before.

WO,WO ... He seems to like it making me go around.

In my experience this is caused by being too high or laterally out of the window. The F-14 trap sheets show the limits and your path through them but don't believe the F-18 has them unfortunately.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

I found VoiceAttack + VAICOM works great for the Supercarrier! No fiddling around with the radio menu during the approach. One of the best investments I made. I recommend it especially for VR user

I haven't gotten VAICOM yet, but Voice Attack did make this much easier

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

I second that.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I finaly bind Ball Call to the spacebar, enven blind the space bar is easy to us/find. I got quite enough time to press it as i roll in final, a tiny throttle up input for the half second i let throttle go so i don't sink. So far, this way is 100 tiems better than going through radio menus.

I used to have voice attack, but found it annoying in MP and the day for some reason it doesn't work, i was skrewed up by not remembering how to access other stuff, basicly i perosnaly found voice attack to make me become a spoiled brat. :) The only time i really had a thrill with is, was flying the Huey, for some CAS or troop extract/insert, by voice commanding door gunners and CTLD troop insert.

• 3 weeks later...
I finaly bind Ball Call to the spacebar, enven blind the space bar is easy to us/find. I got quite enough time to press it as i roll in final, a tiny throttle up input for the half second i let throttle go so i don't sink. So far, this way is 100 tiems better than going through radio menus.

I used to have voice attack, but found it annoying in MP and the day for some reason it doesn't work, i was skrewed up by not remembering how to access other stuff, basicly i perosnaly found voice attack to make me become a spoiled brat. :) The only time i really had a thrill with is, was flying the Huey, for some CAS or troop extract/insert, by voice commanding door gunners and CTLD troop insert.

That's more counter-intuitive surely? You prefer pressing a keyboard key over speaking into a headset?

I'm another VA + VAICOMpro convert, pressing a PTT button and just speaking to the AI is way more immersive than pressing a key/button which seems to me to be the 'spoiled brat' approach(your term). My term would be 'arcade' or 'lazy'

That's more counter-intuitive surely? You prefer pressing a keyboard key over speaking into a headset?

I'm another VA + VAICOMpro convert, pressing a PTT button and just speaking to the AI is way more immersive than pressing a key/button which seems to me to be the 'spoiled brat' approach(your term). My term would be 'arcade' or 'lazy'

Counter-intuiative, not really, about 2+ years using my VR, the space bar on my keyboard is the easiest thing to find blindly (you know, the longeur, most centered and bottom keybord touch), like when you're driving your car, after a while you can tune down the radio, or the heat, without even looking, your hands go by themselves space bar is almost besides my throttle, so less than a second to press, and most, i can do it with my left hand, releasing the throttle a sec has way, way less sonscequences than releasing the stick with my right hand, to go select a radio menu. So for me, that does the job.

My main issue with radio menu is, i am right handed and need to always use my stick hand to control the mouse, releasing the stick as you get in the groove is a bit less forgiving than the throttle.

In other words, no more fooling around with tons of exeption voices setup, as my computer has major difficulty to understand my english accent, so that means, setting up tons of word in the windows voice dictionnay to properly understand, i got a bit tired to repeat 10 times in a row some stuff once in a while as it has a hard time to process. Now, a simple space bar pressing, yes, for me, is way more intuitive than having the feeling i need to repeat 10 times for my hard to hear elder neighbour.

BTW i'm flying most of the time solo, so basicly being layzy is at it'S top, if not, if i'd really like to talk while flying, i'd still be flying with squadron and friend, but i hated to talk on the radio and maybe is the main major reason why i haven't decided myself to take flying lessons, the frightning of talking on the radio, so the little space bar pressing, is way perfect for me. :)