Fuel Probe Refueling Light

Muas

I noticed that the AI when refueling lit up a white light which seems to be located just under the probe itself.

I searched around the cockpit and I can't find such light control...

Any clue how that light is switched on?

I think as long as your external lights are on then the fuel probe should have the light on automatically. I've never tested it but every time I AAR my external lights are on.
I checked all my lights and even with all of them ON, the probe light is still OFF...

I have done many refuels at night in full moon, no moon, all external lights on and otherwise and I have never experienced the probe light having any effect on helping to locate and track the drogue.
I'm not saying it's really essential for refueling at night, what I'm saying is that the AI's come with their own ON and we are not able to ON it, and if it's part of the procedure, we should be also be able to ON it.

Is it not so that it i a bug so it only works if you cold start the aircraft in the mission or something like that? I think there are other threads about it
In all my AAR missions I spawned in the air, so I can't really tell if it works starting from a cold start. But then ok, it might be a bug, but I don't know if it's supposed to be automatically ON as the probe is extended, or if the light is linked to the taxi light switch or any other...

Anyway, thanks all for your answers.

I did a cold start with hornet (auto start however due to the INS "features"); and the light I could see in external view, however, it didn't light up the basket on the 135 mprs. So it's there, it just doesn't affect the basket. Made it very difficult to refuel at night as in NVG's the tanker nav lights are BLOOMING.

Muas - I wish it worked as it should as well. Nowhere do I say or imply that it is non-essential. Simply, I have never seen it. I will be happy when I do as I am sure it will facilitate the process in a meaningful way. Do it as the real aircraft would. I have refueled the F-18 from every tanker in the game and have yet to see a probe light working much to my chagrin. Hopefully it will be on the list of things tightened up as we go. Sorry for any miscommunication and happy flying!

Muas - I wish it worked as it should as well. Nowhere do I say or imply that it is non-essential. Simply, I have never seen it. I will be happy when I do as I am sure it will facilitate the process in a meaningful way. Do it as the real aircraft would. I have refueled the F-18 from every tanker in the game and have yet to see a probe light working much to my chagrin. Hopefully it will be on the list of things tightened up as we go. Sorry for any miscommunication and happy flying!
Hey, nothing to be sorry about... I attached a simple refueling mission where you can see the AI probe lights. You will spawn just behind the tanker, together with 3 Hornets in right echelon. You can do your refueling if you want, while they will fly away past the tanker and turn around and come back for their turn to refuel. As they finish, they will form up with the tanker on right. I was practicing my air refueling and messing around with the mission editor at the same time, just for fun... but you will see them coming with their probe lights on lighting up that KC-130 from below.

Sunset Pint.miz

So how come the AI lights illuminate the tanker and the player ones do not ?

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

yes, I know, I just wondered why that was....Pretty sure I have seen some you tube clips where the light is working...( just had a quick look but could not find anything..) is this a new bug?

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

yes, I know, I just wondered why that was....Pretty sure I have seen some you tube clips where the light is working...( just had a quick look but could not find anything..) is this a new bug?
The player/client probe light does work if you start on the ground in a cold and dark cockpit. In a hot start or air spawn it doesn't work. This is what is likely to be the bug.

It isnt working in MP since the last update on the 18 for any of my group. Cold and dark startup on the SC.

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system