Rayak - Fixed wing slots

iFoxRomeo

I've seen that somewhere else where there was like 2 spots I could place a MiG-29 on, but it didn't allow me to put them into the shelters at all. Don't know on top of my head where it was though.

Just as a not to have this checked in general, not just for Rayak.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

When viewing this field I noticed all the spots are marked with a H. Historically its the birthplace of the Lebanese Airforce, but I believe its now only used for rotary operations as the airfield was largely written off in 2006 by the Isrealis. https://military.wikia.org/wiki/Rayak_Air_Base

So I believe its a helo base now.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Even if it is used today as a Helicopter base, it would be a waste of precious virtual runway concrete for mission makers. It doesn't make sense to limit the parking spots to helicopters only, because in DCS this 2.9km long runway is useable, or not?

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

Even if it is used today as a Helicopter base, it would be a waste of precious virtual runway concrete for mission makers. It doesn't make sense to limit the parking spots to helicopters only, because in DCS this 2.9km long runway is useable, or not?

Fox

You can land pretty much anything there, yes. I ended up using it as a mission objective, just two fighters for alert cap and a bunch of helis to reinforce the defense with CTLD..

Then again, depends on your use-case of course. We frequently use it as a reaming spot on the way back from Damascus..

Fox

have been thinking the same thing about Rosh Pina, Tanf, Gaziantep and Kahramanmaras, which Are real fields with Nav markers that are not in the game at present. RoshPina actually has textures and Tanf a Road structure in the shape of the field where the last 2 are more or less scrubbed, but Rosh Pina actually looks like theres enough flat space there to run warbirds from.

Theres quite a few fields at present where the parking bays arent completely useable though so perhaps something for a future update.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png